Grand Master Yoda

Replies

• Options
    It's been done. Not by me.
  • Options
    Jarqilya wrote: »
    Completing tier 6 challenge was fairly doable but next and last tier of this event is impossible to finish. Yoda acts like 3 times per turn before you do and he hits like a truck, evade and deflects everything, and he also have 2 Jedi by his side so... Really I will be amazed if someone end up with 7 star grand master.

Its hard but its Yoda
  • Options
    Altoholic wrote: »
    Why isn't Rey considered a Jedi in the game, we all know she has the force , and is going to be trained under Luke Skywalker, just wondering??

Ummmm......for the same reason the current Luke Skywalker in the game isn't considered a Jedi either? It's at a different time of their life. No doubt there will be a Jedi Luke released in the future. Jedi Rey will probably get released when she's actually a Jedi, so like after the next movie.
  • Options
    Why isn't Rey considered a Jedi in the game, we all know she has the force , and is going to be trained under Luke Skywalker, just wondering??

Ummmm......for the same reason the current Luke Skywalker in the game isn't considered a Jedi either? It's at a different time of their life. No doubt there will be a Jedi Luke released in the future. Jedi Rey will probably get released when she's actually a Jedi, so like after the next movie.

But luke is already a Jedi master
  • Options
    Wish there was more to do in event a few quick games that took 30 seconds a piece until I can level up next Jedi. I like the overall update and can't complain too much. I just run of out things to do in an hour and would like there to be more to play for. And I also think pricing for new Jedi pack is rediculous but I don't buy anything and would have at a decent price or even one characters at a lower price for this event.
  • Options
    Jarqilya wrote: »
    Completing tier 6 challenge was fairly doable but next and last tier of this event is impossible to finish. Yoda acts like 3 times per turn before you do and he hits like a truck, evade and deflects everything, and he also have 2 Jedi by his side so... Really I will be amazed if someone end up with 7 star grand master.

8033213137def87473c1270becf2b045.jpg

Not mine, a friend posted this to us, not his though
  • Options
    Great... I've been playing for a couple months and b/c i didn't go the Jedi route(4/5 needed) i won't be able to participate in this event.
    SWGoH In-game Name: RJ45 |FTB|
    SWGoH Ally Code: 831-769-864
    Droid Strategy Player
    Droid Discord Chat: https://discord.gg/0m3jvcR0wFQ9D3Ga
    What is "Discord": https://discordapp.com/
  • Options
    Great... I've been playing for a couple months and b/c i didn't go the Jedi route(4/5 needed) i won't be able to participate in this event.

What route did you take?
  • Options
    I've calculated a little... How to get Yoda at 5*/6*/7* if you are 45+ lvl (have been playing for 10-15 days) for f2p players:
    1. Get Luminara Unduli from GW shipment. I haven't completed GW 2 times since the time I've got to know about retreat option :). So it's almost not a problem to get 15 shards per day which takes:
    10/16/22 days.
    2. Get Eeth Koth from Arena Shipment. If you're in top-200 (I was there since my 45 lvl as far as I remember), you get 10 shard per day. So:
    15/23/33 days.
    3. Get QGJ from Cantina shipment. The hardest. Buying 120 energy for 100 crystal, I get appr. 5 shards of him per day (1 energy per 12 minutes means 120 energy in 24 hours plus 120 energy that I've purchased. Total 240 energy, i.e. 20 fights in lvl 5 Cantina that is 420 Cantina Credits). So:
    30/46/66
    4-5. Get Mace Windu and JC from Cantina battles and Hard battles. With 120 additional energy for 100 crystals and using all 3 location for farming JC and 1 location for farming Mace Windu, you will get in average 10-12 shards of them, 5-6 per one. Let's take 5 due to bad RNG, and don't forget that at least 25 shards of JC you have already got for free from the very beginning. So again:
    30/46/66

30 days to get 5* Yoda,
    46 days to get 6* Yoda and
    66 days to get 7* Yoda for a f2p player. Pretty OK, I guess, isn't it?

And there are some additional options like farming Barris in cantina battles if you are 69+ and if you don't want Mace, for instance.

because she is not a jedy yet. As well as Luke in game.
  • Options
    Just my opinion, but I get the jedi only restriction, it is in keeping with the theme of the game.

The problem is the star restriction, its one and only purpose is to motivate people to bust out the wallet. i know im on tier 3 (my ashoka is only 2 star) and i beat the first two challenges in under a minute, im confident i could unlock Yoda if the star restriction was removed, but i cant even try till i farm a ton of jedi characters.

When you want a game to be truly free to play, and have it earn money you need to give people challenges in the gameplay, and not just let the wallets take over.

Given how the arena is and GW (Seems to draw from arena teams) pretty soon you wont be able to do much of anything without yoda, just like Sid he will be in every team and if you dont have him sucks to be you.

Also next time around i still wont be able to unlock yoda because there is no way im going to be able to farm 65 ima gun di shards in 3 weeks form hard battles only.
  • Options
    Irrlicht wrote: »
    I've calculated a little... How to get Yoda at 5*/6*/7* if you are 45+ lvl (have been playing for 10-15 days) for f2p players:
    1. Get Luminara Unduli from GW shipment. I haven't completed GW 2 times since the time I've got to know about retreat option :). So it's almost not a problem to get 15 shards per day which takes:
    10/16/22 days.
    2. Get Eeth Koth from Arena Shipment. If you're in top-200 (I was there since my 45 lvl as far as I remember), you get 10 shard per day. So:
    15/23/33 days.
    3. Get QGJ from Cantina shipment. The hardest. Buying 120 energy for 100 crystal, I get appr. 5 shards of him per day (1 energy per 12 minutes means 120 energy in 24 hours plus 120 energy that I've purchased. Total 240 energy, i.e. 20 fights in lvl 5 Cantina that is 420 Cantina Credits). So:
    30/46/66
    4-5. Get Mace Windu and JC from Cantina battles and Hard battles. With 120 additional energy for 100 crystals and using all 3 location for farming JC and 1 location for farming Mace Windu, you will get in average 10-12 shards of them, 5-6 per one. Let's take 5 due to bad RNG, and don't forget that at least 25 shards of JC you have already got for free from the very beginning. So again:
    30/46/66

30 days to get 5* Yoda,
    46 days to get 6* Yoda and
    66 days to get 7* Yoda for a f2p player. Pretty OK, I guess, isn't it?

And there are some additional options like farming Barris in cantina battles if you are 69+ and if you don't want Mace, for instance.

because she is not a jedy yet. As well as Luke in game.

Luke is a jedi master who wanted to have new Jedi's in his training but the knights of ren destroyed his training base
  • Options
    You forget, they decrease the drop rate since update. I try 6 hard mode for tano and get 1 Shard! It's 7 a week and you need over 300.
  • Options
    Great Updates by the Developers
    "May the Force be with Me" ~~~~ Sun ZoeZoe the Bug
  • Options
    five2zero wrote: »
    You forget, they decrease the drop rate since update. I try 6 hard mode for tano and get 1 Shard! It's 7 a week and you need over 300.

Jesse crossed his heart that no such changes were made and rates are still the same. I've tried to farm Rey, 6 battles=2 shards. As usually. Sometimes 3, sometime 1, but more commonly I've got 2. In cantina battles I haven't noticed any changes regarding drop rate also.
  • Options
    Not even letting people get him at 1*-4* is a BEYOND **** move by EA that is all there it so it...
  • Options
    five2zero wrote: »

Jesse crossed his heart that no such changes were made and rates are still the same. I've tried to farm Rey, 6 battles=2 shards. As usually. Sometimes 3, sometime 1, but more commonly I've got 2. In cantina battles I haven't noticed any changes regarding drop rate also.

That's a pretty good rate if you ask me.
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Options
    Love it got 5* yoda in 4 minutes after the challenge opened!!
  • Options
    Really sucks that you got to have 5 Jedi to be able to play the Yoda challenge!!!!!!! Would've been great to know in advance to have the magical number! #thissucks #notfair #yesimbitchinglikeababy
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Options
    Skye wrote: »
    Benr3600 wrote: »

I can't be the only one thinking this kit is OP. I'm not sure what would be worse; an overpriced Jedi pack being released so everyone can buy one to get him when they've gotten their @$$ kicked by Yoda in arena, or me failing to farm Ahsoka to 5* by the time the event is finished, and I cannot obtain Yoda (no Jedi pack released).

Calling Yoda OP! really? REALLY?!?!

Now I can understand calling some one like the FOTP, Lando or prenerf Barriss OP, but calling characters like Yoda, Dooku, Rey OP! is like telling the canon crowd the films are all wrong!

The way I see it is Yoda is ment to be powerful, if he wasn't it would annoy the "canon-crowd"... Looking at his current abilities he is a counter to many strategies. But it also means he has to be used semi intelligently... which the AI often does NOT.. Vader case in point...

NOw I'm not saying Yoda needs to be an "I win" button... but his abilities open up a lot of strategy! Which in my view is a good point... It makes people less likely to use characters that give many buffs... It also means that there is a need for debuffers like Mace, QGJ and especially Ventress!

I think Yoda is a great step forward if I'm looking at his abilities... because it to me indicates that some of the balance to characters is not going to come in the form of nerfs but counter characters! characters designed to counter specific characters! Which imo is a great move!

The accuracy of this is 100%%%%%%%%%%%
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Options
    Skye wrote: »
    Benr3600 wrote: »

I can't be the only one thinking this kit is OP. I'm not sure what would be worse; an overpriced Jedi pack being released so everyone can buy one to get him when they've gotten their @$$ kicked by Yoda in arena, or me failing to farm Ahsoka to 5* by the time the event is finished, and I cannot obtain Yoda (no Jedi pack released).

Calling Yoda OP! really? REALLY?!?!

Now I can understand calling some one like the FOTP, Lando or prenerf Barriss OP, but calling characters like Yoda, Dooku, Rey OP! is like telling the canon crowd the films are all wrong!

The way I see it is Yoda is ment to be powerful, if he wasn't it would annoy the "canon-crowd"... Looking at his current abilities he is a counter to many strategies. But it also means he has to be used semi intelligently... which the AI often does NOT.. Vader case in point...

NOw I'm not saying Yoda needs to be an "I win" button... but his abilities open up a lot of strategy! Which in my view is a good point... It makes people less likely to use characters that give many buffs... It also means that there is a need for debuffers like Mace, QGJ and especially Ventress!

I think Yoda is a great step forward if I'm looking at his abilities... because it to me indicates that some of the balance to characters is not going to come in the form of nerfs but counter characters! characters designed to counter specific characters! Which imo is a great move!

Bottom line is there has too be a certain degree of power creep or there is no incentive to go after the characters. Characters like Yoda should be more powerful. The trick is, for powerful characters from star wars should be properly represented as powerful in the game. i.e.-Vader should be much more powerful.

You cant have arguably the most powerful character in star wars have the same strength as droids or other jedis and sith that he is way stronger than!! He is perfect character and you need to invest alot into getting him! 5 7* jedi isnt easy! But the reward is very pleasing
  • Options
    Not even letting people get him at 1*-4* is a BEYOND **** move by EA that is all there it so it...
  • Options

Jesse also said: The GW RNG is never the same. He is not good informed. 3 Days stats and a lot of User cannot be wrong. (BTW: the most problem are Jedi Shards)
  • Options
    There is a glitch
    Anakin in stage 7 has no health
    Probally level 7 elite vs 70 elite
  • Options
    Last stage has 2 masters plus yoda
    If Anakin then you got a much easier challenge

Refreshing changes random masters
  • Options
    ReyandFinn wrote: »

The Luke in the game is from the New Hope trilogy, not from the new Force Awakens. At that time he didn't know he was a Jedi. He didn't even know who is real father was. That's why he's only a human, rebel in game.

Same with Rey. Sure she is probably a Jedi, but at this point in her story arc she's not sure about her past. Hence why she's not a Jedi in the game (yet). Honestly is it that hard to understand?
  • Options
    I was good until the 6th one. Yoda is slaying me let alone his 2 thugs he has for protection. I only have one 7* and my Jedi are all 4500ish in strength.
  • Options
    ReyandFinn wrote: »

The Luke in the game is from the New Hope trilogy, not from the new Force Awakens. At that time he didn't know he was a Jedi. He didn't even know who is real father was. That's why he's only a human, rebel in game.

Same with Rey. Sure she is probably a Jedi, but at this point in her story arc she's not sure about her past. Hence why she's not a Jedi in the game (yet). Honestly is it that hard to understand?

I have not said anything about Rey ? And about Luke you are right when its from ''A new Hope'' He was a youngling trying to find out where he came from
  • Options
    I have a question, since a limited time only screen popped up for yoda does yoda not become avail after the 6day x hour window? Because I don't have five 5 star Jedi characters and I don't see how it would be possible to obtain 5 of them before the 6 day window. Or will it simply reset after the 6 day window?
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Options
    I have a question, since a limited time only screen popped up for yoda does yoda not become avail after the 6day x hour window? Because I don't have five 5 star Jedi characters and I don't see how it would be possible to obtain 5 of them before the 6 day window. Or will it simply reset after the 6 day window?

COmes and goes at random!
  • Options
    Not being funny but I know very few games where simply by playing the game you can end up with a FREE top tier character. Now, you may struggle to meet the requirements just now, but if you want you can focus on jedi and eventually get him. Most people who have played the game for a while like me probably had lumi at 7* and several others at 4* or 5*. Having 5 7* jedi that can defeat yoda just now seems like it will be a rarity and we don't even know if he will be that good! Also, the additional 135 energy per day should help those that do want to get atleast 5 5* jedi. I know it's a pain if you want yoda but don't want the other jedi but hey ho!
This discussion has been closed.