Grand Master Yoda

Replies

• My biggest question is what if you only have 3* Jedis and get those shards and then the next time the event comes back and you beat the tier 3 again will those shards add on top of it. Or do you HAVE to get to tier 5.
  • Sounds like update is today, event is thursday. Is that right @EA_Jesse ?
    That's what I thought too
  • DarthBooey wrote: »
    In the photo, it looks like he has 5 abilities. Probably 3 strikes, 1 passive, and 1 leader ability. Only Asaj has that right now.

In the picture we have 1 basic hit, 3 specials and a 5th and maybe a 6th ability. I bet on 6 skills, because leader and unique abilities are missing in the picture. WOW!!!!

Mestre Fábio - My YouTube Channel - My SwGOH profile - Brazilian player? Come to play with us, AAT heroic, contact me
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    The character unlocks at 5*. If you only have 3* Jedis, you will end up with 50 shards and will continue when the event next comes online.
    I'm confident there will be other rewards too so people don't feel like they are getting nothing if they can't get to 5*.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Please release a jedi pack huhuhu i want yoda
  • Am I the only one who thinks Yoda will just begin a power creep? Not nerfing Poe cuz too many ppl would rage so making another OP character. And the power creep begins.
    I think Yoda will just make the f2p-whale gap even bigger. I dunno but it takes quite time to make 5 5*jedi and 7*yoda will wreck for whales.
  • Jaqen_Hghar
    491 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Qeltar wrote: »
    The character unlocks at 5*. If you only have 3* Jedis, you will end up with 50 shards and will continue when the event next comes online.
    I'm confident there will be other rewards too so people don't feel like they are getting nothing if they can't get to 5*.

Same. They will probably have compensation awards so that players who already got Yoda to 7* can replay certain levels so that way 6 months from now it isn't an event where 80% of the server has Yoda and can't do jack for that whole week.
  • https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/profile/EA_Jesse

Any ideas, info, possibility of a Jedi pack to go along with the release?

I have enough 5 and 6 stars but would love the chance at a pack.

Ty for the update!
  • Ivadek wrote: »
    Am I the only one who thinks Yoda will just begin a power creep? Not nerfing Poe cuz too many ppl would rage so making another OP character. And the power creep begins.
    I think Yoda will just make the f2p-whale gap even bigger. I dunno but it takes quite time to make 5 5*jedi and 7*yoda will wreck for whales.

That might be true if Poe just had big numbers. However Poe is OP because of how he interacts with the games mechanics. You can't really power creep over that because it's a not quantitative.
  • Findec wrote: »
    Ivadek wrote: »
    Am I the only one who thinks Yoda will just begin a power creep? Not nerfing Poe cuz too many ppl would rage so making another OP character. And the power creep begins.

That might be true if Poe just had big numbers. However Poe is OP because of how he interacts with the games mechanics. You can't really power creep over that because it's a not quantitative.

I mean Yoda has turn meter manipulation too so maybe its not the ideal way. We will see
  • So we don't get Darth Jar Jar Binks? Yoda looks as cool as hell. Oh it seems I didn't make it in time to gather a 5 men 7* Jedi strike force. Be a F2P or be a P2P, guys. Do not be a hybrid, that's why I didn't make it in time hahaha. Wish only I could have required team to get Yoda anyway, I think I will watch his gameplay at Youtube until next time his event unlock again :) And I see his skills reflect his Ataru Form and it is awesome.

@EA_Jesse
    Please make changes at Qui-Gon Jinn to make he reflect his Ataru form too. At his current situation, he looks like a Jedi on full Midichlorian trip, jumping at all enemies with his spear looking lightsaber :D
  • DarkAgeOutlaw
    31 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Darn.

I'm glad we got Yoda, but I was hoping it was Dagobah Yoda that fights with sticks and force throws rocks.
  • Qeltar wrote: »

It unlocks at 5-star? I hadn't seen that yet, all I saw was "a majority" and I was hoping for 4-star... Bummer if that's true as I won't be able to get my last Jedi to 5-star in time.
  • Wish I could see his stats.
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    Can't wait. Thanks for the info.
  • Trebor88 wrote: »

It unlocks at 5-star? I hadn't seen that yet, all I saw was "a majority" and I was hoping for 4-star... Bummer if that's true as I won't be able to get my last Jedi to 5-star in time.

I understood that you could unlock at 4* or higher. Depending on how many shards are awarded.

At any rate I still only have 4 Jedi
  • Ivadek wrote: »

Well considering this is possible F2P i dont think this widens the gap. But the shard exchange on the other hand. Definitely widens the gap.
  • Stok3d
    140 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    DarthBooey wrote: »
    Vodo wrote: »
    nVTkboE.jpg

A lot of shards, somebody collected ;)

In the photo, it looks like he has 5 abilities. Probably 3 strikes, 1 passive, and 1 leader ability. Only Asaj has that right now.

Here are the stats taken from old game data: https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/44m0c6/game_data_extraction_yoda_hero_ability/
  • EA_Jesse wrote: »
    Greetings,

Grand Master Yoda is the latest character to join Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes. For more details on him please see the official blog post here: http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/galaxy-of-heroes/news/unlock-grand-master-yoda-in-an-all-new-event

And be sure to check out the new trailer for him below!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlJm0KByKpA

Grand Master Yoda will be available on 2/11/2016 in an all-new event.

Sweet.

• Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Look at his abilities. Jesus ****! How do you counter that. And you say Poe is OP.
    In the current meta, it all depends on his stats, which we do not know yet. If he's fast, he will be very strong. If he's medium-speed, gameplay will tell us. If he's slow, he may become niche.
    Also, does he have 18k HP or 10k? How strong are his attacks? We just don't know yet.
    Yoda unlocks at 5*, this has been confirmed.
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    Look at his abilities. Jesus ****! How do you counter that. And you say Poe is OP.

You haven't even played with/against him yet. Wait at least until the event starts before yelling.
  • xJazzx
    808 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    In the current meta, it all depends on his stats, which we do not know yet. If he's fast, he will be very strong. If he's medium-speed, gameplay will tell us. If he's slow, he may become niche.
    Also, does he have 18k HP or 10k? How strong are his attacks? We just don't know yet.
    Yoda unlocks at 5*, this has been confirmed.

Do you think he's fast?
  • Look at his abilities. Jesus ****! How do you counter that. And you say Poe is OP.

Thats what Im sayin. Power creep :d
  • LukeSkywalker420
    460 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    And so the nerf squad has reemerged with a New target. That took long.
  • Please release another Jedi pack. I'm so close to having all 5 Jedi's with 5 stars. Thank you for bringing my all time favorite Jedi to this game.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    xJazzx wrote: »
    Do you think he's fast?

LOL. He hasn't been released yet! Nobody knows! :)
    I mean, they know the current meta as well as we do and wouldn't want to make the star attraction of a big new release underwhelming. And he's fast in the movies when he wants to be. But so are Ahsoka and Ventress and they are the two slowest in the game. Who knows?
  • I think he will be faster than Poe. So he can be used to counter or as a team mate to make an even more unbeatable team.
  • Holy crap, he has 5 attacks and abilities. Please dont add things that you will be going to nerf.
This discussion has been closed.