Grand Master Yoda

Replies

• Baldo wrote: »
    ReyandFinn wrote: »
    Ezra binks, Kannan Jarus, Starkiller, R2D2, Darth Plagues, supreme leader Snoke, Knights of Ren, Jango fett, general Hux, Dark Jar Jar, Young Obi-Wan, General Grievous, Ki-Adi-Mundi, Bail Organa. Some character ideas :)

Darth Vader before the suit when anakin just begins dark side in episode 3 is a character id kill for!

Jedi Knight Anakin is already available. Just really rough to farm =/
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Taragor wrote: »
    Baldo wrote: »
    Ezra binks, Kannan Jarus, Starkiller, R2D2, Darth Plagues, supreme leader Snoke, Knights of Ren, Jango fett, general Hux, Dark Jar Jar, Young Obi-Wan, General Grievous, Ki-Adi-Mundi, Bail Organa. Some character ideas :)

Darth Vader before the suit when anakin just begins dark side in episode 3 is a character id kill for!

Jedi Knight Anakin is already available. Just really rough to farm =/

Dark side anakin im talking about?? :/
  • I have a question regarding the Yoda event. I have A Jedi team with Luminara, Barriss, Qui Gon, JC and Ahsoka. Only Lumi it's beyond 5 stars. Barriss it's at 4, JC at 4 and QGJ and Ahsoka at two. My question it's will I be able to face Yoda at the event and earn him as a char? Or will I have to collect the shards one by one until I have enough to unlock him? The event announcement only specify the seven stars part...

"The only way that players will be able to challenge Grand Master Yoda directly is if they can form a team composed of only Jedi. If players can create a team of all 7-star Jedi and defeat all difficulty tiers then they will be awarded with the ultimate prize, a SEVEN-STAR Grand Master Yoda!"
  • alkaiser93 wrote: »
    I have a question regarding the Yoda event. I have A Jedi team with Luminara, Barriss, Qui Gon, JC and Ahsoka. Only Lumi it's beyond 5 stars. Barriss it's at 4, JC at 4 and QGJ and Ahsoka at two. My question it's will I be able to face Yoda at the event and earn him as a char? Or will I have to collect the shards one by one until I have enough to unlock him? The event announcement only specify the seven stars part...

"The only way that players will be able to challenge Grand Master Yoda directly is if they can form a team composed of only Jedi. If players can create a team of all 7-star Jedi and defeat all difficulty tiers then they will be awarded with the ultimate prize, a SEVEN-STAR Grand Master Yoda!"

No you'll need at least 5 5* jedis to unlock yoda. If you dont have it now you'll have to wait 1 month till the event returns. So keep leveling those jedi
  • alkaiser, I don't mean to sound snide but I'm not sure why this question keeps being asked. It's specified in the patch notes and several times in this thread that he will be unlocked at 5 stars after you finish the fifth leg of the event. Each leg requires you to use a full team of jedi, and each leg requires one more star for each of the jedi than the one before.

So if you have 5 jedi's at 5 stars you will be able to unlock Yoda. If you can only make a full team of 4 star jedi's, you will end up with Yoda shards, but not enough to unlock him. If you want to unlock him in this first iteration of the event, you need to farm 5 jedi's at 5 stars each minimum.
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    I'm just wondering what time the event starts, I'm guessing that it's a global start

I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Galgenstrick
    849 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Fatzke wrote: »
    Description of Yoda:

wy82mcj3.jpg

Sounds interesting. Like some kind of reflection.
    And I bet Yoda will be massively overpowered. Like almost every new character EA brings to the game, to make people spend more money...

Is it just me or is the grammar really awkward on that yoda description? "Using" should be "uses", and "skill" should be "skills"...
    Sinister Alliance (Leader) - accepting waitlist members - PM for information
  • Fatzke wrote: »
    Description of Yoda:

wy82mcj3.jpg

And I bet Yoda will be massively overpowered. Like almost every new character EA brings to the game, to make people spend more money...

Is it just me or is the grammar really awkward on that yoda description? "Using" should be "uses", and "skill" should be "skills"...

He's also described as an attacker in the text but is categorised as support rather than attacker.
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Fatzke wrote: »
    Description of Yoda:

wy82mcj3.jpg

Try and look at the other toons in the game ;)
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Rutank wrote: »
    EA_Jesse wrote: »
    Greetings,

Grand Master Yoda is the latest character to join Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes. For more details on him please see the official blog post here: http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/galaxy-of-heroes/news/unlock-grand-master-yoda-in-an-all-new-event

And be sure to check out the new trailer for him below!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlJm0KByKpA

Grand Master Yoda will be available on 2/11/2016 in an all-new event.

FIX FOTP tier 7 snipe.....Literally.... 5k snipe is a joke and def makes me lose in arena.

You're worried about a 5k hit? Lol
  • EA_Jesse wrote: »
    Greetings,

Grand Master Yoda is the latest character to join Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes. For more details on him please see the official blog post here: http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/galaxy-of-heroes/news/unlock-grand-master-yoda-in-an-all-new-event

And be sure to check out the new trailer for him below!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlJm0KByKpA

Grand Master Yoda will be available on 2/11/2016 in an all-new event.

when exactly?
  • Baldo wrote: »

When he kills the seperatists? Really nice with the freaking yellow eyes <3
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Starts in 19h and 20m
  • I cant be the only F2P player with 3 7*+ and nothing else... Feel like this was made more for whales with the extra shards and the whole 5 7* jedi thing
    {RotE}
  • LaLiam wrote: »
    I cant be the only F2P player with 3 7*+ and nothing else... Feel like this was made more for whales with the extra shards and the whole 5 7* jedi thing

Im F2P have 2 Jedi farming three more. It is accesible to everyone. Especially since it will keep coming back.
  • This event can easily be done F2P and I plan on doing it.

How do you plan on doing it? I think it's easy if you already have the jedis, but I think most people won't be able unlock Yoda just yet.

I've been playing for two months (have bought crystals twice) and the jedis I have are:
    6* Luminara
    5* Mace Windu
    3* Jedi Consular (1 shard away from 4*, need 66 in total for 5*)
    3* Ahsoka Tano (need 88 shards for 5)
    3* Qui-Gon Jin (need 90 shards for 5*)
    ...and
    3* Jedi Knight Guardian (which I don't plan on using)

My plan is to farm JC in Cantina battles, Qui-Gon in Cantina Shipments and Ahsoka in hard battles until Qui-Gon is 5* and then cantina shipments. I really want to get Yoda this time, but I doubt I'll be able to do it, even if I bought more crystals. I think I can get JC to 5* and the other two to 4* but no more. But I'm still going to try to do it before the time is up. I only use my crystals on refilling energy to keep on farmig but it's still taking so long.... :/
  • yoda's in the houz
    12736115_10208480124542877_962572907_n.jpg?oh=6eb576e9c55222fb51294fe88108d78d&oe=56BE3430&__gda__=1455307146_066519b8510eddbd4cddfb679f2a8cd9
    12311610_10208480124382873_1087980477_o.jpg?oh=35f9a3393932adcafd0bc512dcd2a255&oe=56BE3F28
    12696725_10208480123742857_1483009525_o.jpg?oh=1e5199beab692303335d2daaad89d826&oe=56BD271812696456_10208480123102841_667587917_o.jpg?oh=d2cb257e09501707f2209329b9df800a&oe=56BE18B0
    12696542_10208480122582828_880380682_o.jpg?oh=9fbeb44f58e16382f118c2131fd8dbde&oe=56BE198B

• Darthbinks1
    14 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Wait only people who have 7* Jedis can get him? Did I read that right.?

Only people who have 7* Jedis can get him at 7*. He unlocks at 5*, so you need a team of 5* Jedis to get him at all.

I personally have my 4* squad, will take some dedicated grinding to get them all up to 5* or better.
    So in other words, he is the reward to their big spenders. Color me as one of those that HATES that a popular character is locked behind a event

It would be SOOOOOO much better if you could fight in the event with whatever amount of Jedi you have at what ever star level they are at. If your team can't cut it, so be it. That will force you to increase the power levels of your jedi naturally. I really do not like the way it appears to be set up. It feels like the key card battles where you basically are just getting training droids for 50 energy because nobody would ever actually lose those battles. If tomorrow the Yoda event basically just rewards chards for whatever level your Jedi are at, I will lose interest quickly. I wish it was set up to be more like Injustice Gods Among Us Mobile App game. Those limited availability character challenges are perfect!
  • The event will be a duel against Yoda.
  • Red_Glare wrote: »
    yoda's in the houz
    12736115_10208480124542877_962572907_n.jpg?oh=6eb576e9c55222fb51294fe88108d78d&oe=56BE3430&__gda__=1455307146_066519b8510eddbd4cddfb679f2a8cd9
    12311610_10208480124382873_1087980477_o.jpg?oh=35f9a3393932adcafd0bc512dcd2a255&oe=56BE3F28
    12696725_10208480123742857_1483009525_o.jpg?oh=1e5199beab692303335d2daaad89d826&oe=56BD271812696456_10208480123102841_667587917_o.jpg?oh=d2cb257e09501707f2209329b9df800a&oe=56BE18B0
    12696542_10208480122582828_880380682_o.jpg?oh=9fbeb44f58e16382f118c2131fd8dbde&oe=56BE198B

I can't be the only one thinking this kit is OP. I'm not sure what would be worse; an overpriced Jedi pack being released so everyone can buy one to get him when they've gotten their @$$ kicked by Yoda in arena, or me failing to farm Ahsoka to 5* by the time the event is finished, and I cannot obtain Yoda (no Jedi pack released).
  • Jugern0t
    1 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    So being as this is a limited time event .. The only way to get a 7 star yoda is to spend a but load of money.. Seems fair, I mean I've put my share of money into this game, im not saying you should get everything for free.. But to get a full squad of 7 star Jedi within the month would cost a shitload of cash and that's not fair
  • So now I have to ask: Should I start stalking up on sith characters for the next big event...
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Will this event cost energy I'm curious I've read all haven't seen anything about that. Also if I have 6* Jedis do you think I will be able to unlock 6* at the 6th stage? It only specifies 5-7* so I'm curious :) thanks guy's!
  • I wonder if you need your jedi team at max level for the lower stages (1-3 stars for example).
    Would be pretty annoying to farm so much credits, since they messed up the credit event battle.
  • I have a question ? Do we have to complete all of the 7 star yoda events to actually get him or is it possible to gain yoda @ star 1 after we complete said star 1 event? then once we complete star event 2 etc is when we can further star yoda up , but atleast we would have him to use. Does that make sense or did I confuse you all?
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Baldo wrote: »

When he kills the seperatists? Really nice with the freaking yellow eyes <3

Yes exactly man!! Hahah
  • Looking at his abilities... I'm like wow... Poggle and other positive effect users might suddenly disappear!!
    Former crazy person of the guild "Shard Awakens"... *quit game 13th July 2016*

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!
  • Skye
    795 posts Member
    Benr3600 wrote: »

I can't be the only one thinking this kit is OP. I'm not sure what would be worse; an overpriced Jedi pack being released so everyone can buy one to get him when they've gotten their @$$ kicked by Yoda in arena, or me failing to farm Ahsoka to 5* by the time the event is finished, and I cannot obtain Yoda (no Jedi pack released).

Calling Yoda OP! really? REALLY?!?!

Now I can understand calling some one like the FOTP, Lando or prenerf Barriss OP, but calling characters like Yoda, Dooku, Rey OP! is like telling the canon crowd the films are all wrong!

The way I see it is Yoda is ment to be powerful, if he wasn't it would annoy the "canon-crowd"... Looking at his current abilities he is a counter to many strategies. But it also means he has to be used semi intelligently... which the AI often does NOT.. Vader case in point...

NOw I'm not saying Yoda needs to be an "I win" button... but his abilities open up a lot of strategy! Which in my view is a good point... It makes people less likely to use characters that give many buffs... It also means that there is a need for debuffers like Mace, QGJ and especially Ventress!

I think Yoda is a great step forward if I'm looking at his abilities... because it to me indicates that some of the balance to characters is not going to come in the form of nerfs but counter characters! characters designed to counter specific characters! Which imo is a great move!
    Former crazy person of the guild "Shard Awakens"... *quit game 13th July 2016*

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!
  • Churry wrote: »
    So now I have to ask: Should I start stalking up on sith characters for the next big event...

^ That.
  • Skye wrote: »
    Benr3600 wrote: »

Calling Yoda OP! really? REALLY?!?!

Now I can understand calling some one like the FOTP, Lando or prenerf Barriss OP, but calling characters like Yoda, Dooku, Rey OP! is like telling the canon crowd the films are all wrong!

The way I see it is Yoda is ment to be powerful, if he wasn't it would annoy the "canon-crowd"... Looking at his current abilities he is a counter to many strategies. But it also means he has to be used semi intelligently... which the AI often does NOT.. Vader case in point...

NOw I'm not saying Yoda needs to be an "I win" button... but his abilities open up a lot of strategy! Which in my view is a good point... It makes people less likely to use characters that give many buffs... It also means that there is a need for debuffers like Mace, QGJ and especially Ventress!

I think Yoda is a great step forward if I'm looking at his abilities... because it to me indicates that some of the balance to characters is not going to come in the form of nerfs but counter characters! characters designed to counter specific characters! Which imo is a great move!

Bottom line is there has too be a certain degree of power creep or there is no incentive to go after the characters. Characters like Yoda should be more powerful. The trick is, for powerful characters from star wars should be properly represented as powerful in the game. i.e.-Vader should be much more powerful.
This discussion has been closed.