Nute Nuances Megathread (All things Nute)

Prev13456742
J0K3R
2286 posts Member
edited May 2017
The topic has really caught on, so here is a megathread to keep things organized.

Here is the Dev response:
https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/111947/heroic-tank-takedown-raid-unintended-behavior#latest

Please do not start new threads on Nute related discussions.

Remember: no refund or compensation discussions.

CG will look at responses that are respectful and productive.
May the force be with you. It shall free you.
Post edited by J0K3R on

Replies

• SidiousIsPikachu
    771 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    the forums are full of the Lugo team, which uses Nute leader (50% TM when crit, and 55% crit chance) with dathcha and scavenger (both gaining stealth).
    its obviously works since after tank toppled, they just assist each other (raid bonus of jawa), and both gaining 100% TM after their both turns, over and over. with accuracy mods (who's useless now ?!) and crit chances, the RNG is almost negligible, and most likely will solo the P2/P4. this is not a bug obviously, everything is stated and written, and math is math. however, those are an easily farmed toons, and no required high gear or zeta. i think that no way that EA will let us use this team freely, but they kinda have to - nerfing Nute will be unbelievably amazing since he's STILL useless after the buff he just got (besides the raid ofc), and basically the same for dathcha and scav.
    not letting the tank getting so many crits ? will hurt everybody, very hard. same with bringing more evasion obviously...
    cancel the jawa bonus for raid ? will cause a riot lol, jawas will be even more useless, people farmed them for raid mostly.

so... do you see EA & CG nerfing this soon ? i'd really hate to farm those toons, which are pretty bad, only to see them getting nerf.
    would be nice if a Dev will also reply here and say his opinion, whether its WAI and good thinking, or its unexpected from them, and lets say.. "dont count on it".
    your opinions, speculations and thoughts please.
    and thanks @Lugo for this amazing squad thinking.

edit: violating forum rules a bit, so excited i guess xD
  • Options
    yeah, they will make sure the leader ability does not persist after death for sure.
  • gatormatt
    304 posts Member
    Options
    I like the nickname "The Lugo Neuter" cause that is effectively what this combo has done to the haat.
  • gatormatt
    304 posts Member
    Options
    yeah, they will make sure the leader ability does not persist after death for sure.

No that's not the way to handle this. That would impact the whole game.
  • Options

i thought they did, just NOT FOR RAIDS.
    so.. they make a decision and then re-make it ? and even if so, whats the problem to keep nute alive ? just gear him up a bit
  • Tatebomb
    797 posts Member
    Options
    They won't nerf anything they will buff the tank.
  • ProximaB1_
    1093 posts Member
    Options
    They could just lower jawa bonus slightly and this would be over I hope they don't mess with any game mechanics.
  • ProximaB1_
    1093 posts Member
    Options
    Jawa raid bonus.
  • slickdealer
    1801 posts Member
    Options
    Why would they nerf this? Never nerfed Teebo who can solo the whole raid.
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Are you calling for a nerf?! What's the point of this thread?
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member
    Options
    There was one thread.....
  • Options
    They should just take Nute out of the game. I'd also petition for him to be taken out of the movies. He was super annoying. Qui-Gon Jinn and Obi Wan should have killed him off in chapter 1 of The Phantom Menace.
  • Fahrius
    620 posts Member
    Options
    maybe they will nerf nute to give tm just on the allies turns.. not on assists :/
    https://swgoh.gg/u/fahrius/ - Discord - Fahrius#1194
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member
    Options
    Leadership abilities always stick. Would be cheap and a bad precedent
  • Options
    @Juex777 the point of this thread is to see people's thought and hopefully, dev's thoughts. so i can know if to farm them. they are not worth the resources if they gonna get nerfed, and i surely dont want them to be nerfed.

and @Tatebomb no way the buffing the tank, already too hard for most of people.
    @ProximaB1_ canceling the jawa bonus will be bad, reducing it to XX% chance to assist, will make this team BEAST, but not solo team.. so maybe the winwin sulotion from ea...
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member
    Options
    Plus it's quite rng dependant apparently. Zader was a legit bug fix
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    Options
    I think, if anything, that posts like this will draw too much attention to this particular team composition.
  • RGs_Thraken
    104 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    someone already came up with a quick idea to 'fix' it which was lowering the TM gain to 49%.

if that doesn't happen in the next few days (should be very easy to change and won't affect anything in game) they probably leave it as is!

anyway, i resume the nute farming and hope i can do at least one Lugo
    Post edited by RGs_Thraken on
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member
    Options
    This thread itself could be the only thing that draws enough attention to nerf it! I'd delete it if you want to farm Nute!
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member
    Options
    Don't know how to delete a thread though.... So good job possibly. There's no Warrant for a nerf though. Could see them just reworking Nute and leaving something important out.
  • Options
    CG and EA already know about this, for sure, even without this thread. the forums is flooded with pictures of it, and they have their data anyways probably.

@RGs_Thraken thx for your opinion
  • Edison
    154 posts Member
    Options
    I agree with this. I'm sitting on none of these guys right now but have started putting resources into getting them. Would love to know ASAP IF it's getting changed in any way, even if it's not fixed right away. Just helps for planning and resource allocation.
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member
    Options
    No bug involved..... Could be viable for some time
  • CleverWes
    648 posts Member
    Options
    someone already came up with a quick idea to 'fix' it which was lowering the TM gain to 49%.

if that doesn't happen in the next few days (should be very easy to chane and won't affect anything in game) they probably leave it as is!

Next few days? Have you seen how quickly they try to "fix" things? We've got a month at least...

Sooo... right around the time most people are done farming and gearing them.
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member
    Options
    It's not a bug. It's not like switching the order of when tm is applied will change it. It would set a really bad precedent to just nerf it. Leader abilities always stick.
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    Options
    CleverWes wrote: »

if that doesn't happen in the next few days (should be very easy to chane and won't affect anything in game) they probably leave it as is!

Next few days? Have you seen how quickly they try to "fix" things? We've got a month at least...

Sooo... right around the time most people are done farming and gearing them.

Haha. Probably true. If they do nerf this, it could take some time. Anyways, I think it could go either way. Maybe they wanted us to find this combo all along?? :0
  • Darax_ren
    363 posts Member
    Options
    It'll be fixed folks, count on it.

The simplest fix is to change the leader ability to 49% TM gain. No one gets hurt.

And send Lugo some crystals, because fair play the guy beat the developers at their own game.
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member
    Options
    Not fixed. You mean nerfed. Fixed means there was a bug
  • Options
    yeah, i bet they need some crazy rocket scientist to change a variable from 50 to 49! client restart in 24h! start countdown!
  • Options
    Darax_ren wrote: »
    It'll be fixed folks, count on it.

The simplest fix is to change the leader ability to 49% TM gain. No one gets hurt.

And send Lugo some crystals, because fair play the guy beat the developers at their own game.

I hope they do more than that. 49% will still equate to several million in damage. It'd probably still be able to solo also. No way should three toons have the ability to put up those kind of numbers with trash mods and gear.