Nute Nuances Megathread (All things Nute)

Replies

• Arkham
    275 posts Member
    HK doesn't break half of all current raid content.
    Enthusiast of undervalued toons, general dismisser of trends,
    https://swgoh.gg/u/arkham/, A Team
  • StarSon
    7427 posts Member
    HK's lead doesn't say "each turn" but "each crit". Completely different.
  • Well an assist is a turn.
  • OK so they nerf nute, nerf jawa, nerf zylo...

Can we nerf clones and Droids and resistance too?

Honestly it would be great if damage was capped at 1% max per player per phase.

Then we will finally have something that's WAI because no one will be able to beat the raid and we will all have to buy the gear to level up out toons with diamonds. That's the intent of haat, it's just another catch 22 pay wall.

Feel the greed

1. False equivalency
    2. How do you expect them to build us new content if no one buys any crystals?
  • The0n3
    984 posts Member
    I'm actually surprised ppl farmed Nute... I don't think i have a single shard of him!! Lol
  • In case you all didn't see they're fixing Nute's ability today and it will no longer grant turn meter on assists, also it looks like they're targeting Kylo Zeta next (even though that's been around I don't know how it just now begins to undermine the point of a heroic raid)
  • The devs also said that heroic raids should be hard and not soloable, but look at the rancor
  • PR01Zeus wrote: »
    The devs also said that heroic raids should be hard and not soloable, but look at the rancor

Rancor is mid-level not end game content anymore.
    The devs also said that heroic raids should be hard and not soloable, but look at the rancor

They said in their post the heroic tier of ANY raid should be difficult and require an in depth roster, I wouldn't call zader and his 4 companions an in depth roster.
  • Lugo
    417 posts Member
    Give Rancor TMR immunity = no more solo
    PR01Zeus wrote: »

They said in their post the heroic tier of ANY raid should be difficult and require an in depth roster, I wouldn't call zader and his 4 companions an in depth roster.

It was designed for G9 level 80 characters. But many people have been asking for a new rancor tier for a long time. I certainly would be in favor if they fixed the rewards.
  • Lugo wrote: »
    Give Rancor TMR immunity = no more solo

I like that idea our guild has too much trouble killing it too fast
  • ABNRAS wrote: »
    A gear 6 toon shouldn't what?? Where's Chirpa? Come here you cute little guy. WHy stop with zylo? Burn it down! LOL
    I like it!
  • scuba
    14042 posts Member

Rancor was solo able 3-4 months after release.
  • scuba wrote: »

This whole Nute discussion has caused a lot of problems people aren't satisfied with it and now there's zylo going on and the rancor is involved now I think they have to relook at everything and decide what's going on and make an announcement
  • Lugo
    417 posts Member
    scuba wrote: »

This whole Nute discussion has caused a lot of problems people aren't satisfied with it and now there's zylo going on and the rancor is involved now I think they have to relook at everything and decide what's going on and make an announcement

That's what I'm waiting on. Wanna hear what's next.
  • The sad truth is this is much bigger than a simple bug fix. C.G. has known about the nute issue long before r2's release and the changes to his leader ability in the past were to prevent this loop. Don't let them cool you into thinking that they didn't know. They slapped a band-aid on the problem thinking that no one would discover a new trick when the infinite loop has been there all along. First it was nute lead with droids, and then nute lead with stealth from r2, and now it's nute lead with jawas. When is CG gonna get off it's butt and actually rework the character to make him viable. There not because let's be honest... how many players actually have nute at 7*.... Don't worry... I'll wait. They need a total rework of his leader ability and he should have synergy with droids and genosians. I'd even be willing to just accept Genosian synergy.... Shame on you C.G. for pass this off as a "bug" you knew about this issue a long time ago....
  • Agreed. Shameful.
  • It just needs to be called what it is: a nerf. I may not be in a prestigious guild but we do well imo. We have yet to complete a haat but are close. We had one person with the team and he only did 11% in p2. We timed out with under 20% left in p4.
  • As an early Nute investor (g11 since there was g11), with a full Nute/Jawa AAT squad since launch of the tank raid (leveled and geared up 4 jawas specifically for this team) as my main squad... I'd be delivered a crushing blow if he gets nerfed!
    Give him something.
    If Zylo soloing P1 is acceptable... Why not just make nute's maxed leader ability a zeta? Throw a negligible buff his way to compensate for the change.
    Bada bing - solved.
    Nerfing a bad character twice (his first leader ability change was also a nerf- prevented leia and others from getting multi-attack tm gain bonuses) because he can solo a phase, while other solo'ers go untouched, is absurd. So many ways to correct this - choose a reasonable one.
    My guild can't do heroic tank cause only about 30 or so of us are level 85's with some good teams the rest can't do much and having something to help clear the way would be nice, we clearly can't just pull 20 more random level 85's in, nobody joins. I don't even care about General kenobi I just wanna beat the raid

Ditch your guild.

• OK so they nerf nute, nerf jawa, nerf zylo...

Can we nerf clones and Droids and resistance too?

Honestly it would be great if damage was capped at 1% max per player per phase.

Then we will finally have something that's WAI because no one will be able to beat the raid and we will all have to buy the gear to level up out toons with diamonds. That's the intent of haat, it's just another catch 22 pay wall.

Feel the greed

1. False equivalency
    2. How do you expect them to build us new content if no one buys any crystals?

How does any other game release new content without the need for mega transactions? It's not like it doesn't take them 6+ months to release anything meaningful anyway.
  • Remington_Ewing
    135 posts Member
    edited May 2017
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Love all these comments that "Nute and zKylo would allow underpowered guilds to beat HAAT!" What..?
    I belong to an average guild with a few whales, a few dolphins, and a lot of f2p and casual players. We have exactly 2 players with 7* Nute (because he's trash), and one of those didn't have Scav high enough to compete. It's not like underpowered guilds had an army of Nutes ready to nullify P2 and P4 anyway.
    And nerfing zKylo? Barely changes a thing, we have 8 of them. Force quit will take a bit longer than retreat did, but since we have 8 zKylos the extra time really doesn't matter, p1 will get done with no loss of heroes.
    And in the meantime, everyone's continuing on improving their clones, droids, rebels, etc. So I really don't see why anyone who's been doing HAAT for months would be down on guilds like mine - we don't have a single Kenobi shard, we aren't going to catch up anytime soon, and CG continues to add and improve heroes that will make HAAT easier. Any advantage you gain in this game by spending crystals is always a temporary one, so let's chill out a bit here.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • PR01Zeus
    61 posts Member
    My guild can't do heroic tank cause only about 30 or so of us are level 85's with some good teams the rest can't do much and having something to help clear the way would be nice, we clearly can't just pull 20 more random level 85's in, nobody joins. I don't even care about General kenobi I just wanna beat the raid

Ditch your guild.
    I could care less about getting Kenobi. I'm the leader in my guild anyways I wouldn't leave them for a character I don't care for

• As an early Nute investor (g11 since there was g11), with a full Nute/Jawa AAT squad since launch of the tank raid (leveled and geared up 4 jawas specifically for this team) as my main squad... I'd be delivered a crushing blow if he gets nerfed!
    Give him something.
    If Zylo soloing P1 is acceptable... Why not just make nute's maxed leader ability a zeta? Throw a negligible buff his way to compensate for the change.
    Bada bing - solved.
    Nerfing a bad character twice (his first leader ability change was also a nerf- prevented leia and others from getting multi-attack tm gain bonuses) because he can solo a phase, while other solo'ers go untouched, is absurd. So many ways to correct this - choose a reasonable one.

agreed. this is second nerf on a bad character that rarely anyone has. they fix teebo, but nerf nute again. have they even considered how many guilds they have broken at current state of haat? its hard as hell as is. nope, they don't care. its all about the money. if crap like this continues, I will quit game all together and ea can have fun nerfing all they want. LISTEN TO THE PLAYERS!!!!
  • Barmuka_1 wrote: »
    Well an assist is a turn.

If they're going to "fix" things that happen on assists and counters (i.e. out-of-turn attacks) then the impact will be huge. No more Chaze healing on counters.
  • Artimus
    177 posts Member
    ...funny pretty sure Chaze still works...Nute doesn't....I don't have either at 7 star...actually haven't unlocked Baze at all...still seeing Barriss heal happening after her death in vs GW...the difference GK shards are something your entire guild has to work together with at least a modicum of coordination to hope to acquire!