Nute Nuances Megathread (All things Nute)

Replies

• Lord_LeBobcat
    300 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    @PR01Zeus add me on line app I have 20 guys all level 85 who can clear a haat we looking for 30 guys to team up with.

Id on line app is LeBobcat
  • BionicGolem
    167 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Stopt saying that he is WAI (working as intended) because he wasn't,devs said so, unless you are part of dev team you cant claim that something is WAI, you just dont have that kind of information/knowledge. Better term in this case would be WAD (working as descripted).
  • Things like:

ZMaul

Chaze

Rex

Also, this is coming from a rank 1 Rex user. It's getting old seeing the same teams over and over.

These particular characters are so powerful that they were able to endure the Imperial "pass" because of how ridiculously broken they are in the right comp.

Instead of making more and more powerful characters, and thus contributing to power creep, and the need to include the 'latest and greatest' toons into your roster in order to stay competitive, can we just nerf these four characters and be done with it?

Slim chance, especially when I know EA makes money off of creating illnesses and then selling the cures in the form of characters that counter the meta they created.
  • Gosh, if you're asking to return to Poe/Poggle days please no.
  • Naw
    969 posts Member
    Stopt saying that he is WAI (working as intended) because he wasn't,devs said so, unless you are part of dev team you cant claim that something is WAI, you just dont have that kind of information/knowledge. Better term in this case would be WAD (working as descripted).

In that case may I have a list of what squad compositions are allowed in each phase?

1) I don't want to break the spirit of the game accidentally
    2) I don't waste resources on something that's not okay

So far we have established that going full auto in P1 with Maul and GK is perfectly fine - working as designed.

Doing 33% alone in P2 is acceptable with Resistance, zVader and Clones, did I forget something?

P4 is fine to almost solo with clones?

Whew, I seriously need guidance here!
  • capefear56
    26 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Gosh, if you're asking to return to Poe/Poggle days please no.

But that was during a time where there were much less characters, and a lot of characters that did exist hadn't received passes to make them viable. I'd be willing to bet that the meta would be MUCH more diverse now than it was then, if only we got rid of the handful of characters bottlenecking the upper tier of arena.
  • RacerDejak
    3203 posts Member
    8vrp4.jpg
  • Versatti
    241 posts Member
    I imagine it goes something like this...

You're at your weekly team meeting discussing balance passes. During the meeting you think you've nailed it and agree a character rework for someone sucky. Just as the meeting is about to close Steve from the art department chimes in with his bright idea... "When we add Max Reebo as next month's free character, it'd be cool if he had a unique special that could actually avoid "unavoidable" damage, also we should definitely add an ability that grants him 100% dodge vs basic attacks too." Everyone claps and cheers because Steve always has the best ideas and you're sat there thinking... "Dammit Steve go back to colouring in your pictures!"
  • Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    Just find a squad using this chars who can solo AAT raid, then they will go and nerf within 2 days! :wink:
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • Bait and switch. Nute is reworked again in time for an inbox full of adverts for expensive goodies. Not happy!
  • Bala Nce is not scheduled to be added anytime soon.
  • Ok, this explains how this all happened..

https://youtu.be/nz20lu2AM2k
  • Sfortune
    83 posts Member
    Was so disappointed with the way they handled this. The first nute need was bad enough. It already screwed with a sink of time and resources I had done into a character I wouldn't have touched otherwise. Then the double nerf hits. When does it end. They should just nerf everything until top guilds can no longer complete haat.
  • Sfortune wrote: »
    Was so disappointed with the way they handled this. The first nute need was bad enough. It already screwed with a sink of time and resources I had done into a character I wouldn't have touched otherwise. Then the double nerf hits. When does it end. They should just nerf everything until top guilds can no longer complete haat.

No only to the point where ONLY TOP GUILDS can beat it. That would be Best.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    My main concern with how this Nute/Kylo thing has been handled is that this could easily become a slippery slope. Yes, Nute was a cheap trick and not surprised it got nerfed. Now they're considering zKylo, and that isn't quite so clear - yes, there's a strategy to it and it is currently entirely legal, but it requires a zeta and at very least g10 - quite an investment.
    So now what's to stop the devs from saying, "you know, Clones are really doing too much damage with zCody in the Princess Zody config with the 212th attack, definitely more than intended from a single squad. So let's change the 212th so that its cooldown can only be reduced by a maximum of 2. That'll correct it!" Or, "Force quitting is against the spirit, let's make sure those heroes are dead when the log back in." Now we're talking about a correction that affects a lot of people across the board, with significant investment.
    First they came for Nute, but that's cheap, come'on. Then they came for zKylo, but we don't need him because we're an awesome guild. Next, ...?
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Versatti wrote: »
    I imagine it goes something like this...

You're at your weekly team meeting discussing balance passes. During the meeting you think you've nailed it and agree a character rework for someone sucky. Just as the meeting is about to close Steve from the art department chimes in with his bright idea... "When we add Max Reebo as next month's free character, it'd be cool if he had a unique special that could actually avoid "unavoidable" damage, also we should definitely add an ability that grants him 100% dodge vs basic attacks too." Everyone claps and cheers because Steve always has the best ideas and you're sat there thinking... "Dammit Steve go back to colouring in your pictures!"

I really want them to release Max Reebo now.

• So I was thinking about this issue and it occurred to me that there is a parallel in the Star Wars universe. Three characters lead by an under powered and inexperienced leader exploited a weakness and destroyed something that they should not have been able to destroy by themselves. Did Lucas say "Cut, the Death Star is not supposed to be destroyed by three characters, nerf the leader and let's try it again"? No, he had Han say "YAHOOOOO! You're all clear, kid. Now let's blow this thing and go home."
    It's a good thing EA/CG wasn't in charge of the movie, things would have turned out very differently.
  • Lugo
    417 posts Member
    Ravenlock wrote: »
    So I was thinking about this issue and it occurred to me that there is a parallel in the Star Wars universe. Three characters lead by an under powered and inexperienced leader exploited a weakness and destroyed something that they should not have been able to destroy by themselves. Did Lucas say "Cut, the Death Star is not supposed to be destroyed by three characters, nerf the leader and let's try it again"? No, he had Han say "YAHOOOOO! You're all clear, kid. Now let's blow this thing and go home."
    It's a good thing EA/CG wasn't in charge of the movie, things would have turned out very differently.

Lol
  • Ravenlock wrote: »
    So I was thinking about this issue and it occurred to me that there is a parallel in the Star Wars universe. Three characters lead by an under powered and inexperienced leader exploited a weakness and destroyed something that they should not have been able to destroy by themselves. Did Lucas say "Cut, the Death Star is not supposed to be destroyed by three characters, nerf the leader and let's try it again"? No, he had Han say "YAHOOOOO! You're all clear, kid. Now let's blow this thing and go home."

+1
  • so anything being done to compensate guilds who have not benefited from this "glitch" and are still unable to complete a 7* aat raid?
  • Kenbo
    52 posts Member
    so anything being done to compensate guilds who have not benefited from this "glitch" and are still unable to complete a 7* aat raid?

You mean, knowing the intent of the raid is no longer disrupted is not compensation enough...
  • LeoRavus
    1165 posts Member
    So nute was nerfed and how? I must have missed it.
  • LeoRavus
    1165 posts Member
    PR01Zeus wrote: »
    The devs also said that heroic raids should be hard and not soloable, but look at the rancor

Rancor is mid-level not end game content anymore.

Uh, there is no "end game" here. Just grind and grind and grind away at every new character, hoping something can be better than the triple cleanse meta. lol

• Lugo wrote: »
    Give Rancor TMR immunity = no more solo

That's absurd. How about we don't do anything that will make newer guilds with ewoks, phasma and QGJ have a harder time finishing it.

Lugo be honest... Do you work for CG?

You find an exploit that shouldn't work according to its description with a toon no one has, have no screen shots or videos, don't want to name it, and your crazy amount of spelling errors make me a bit suspicious.

It seems to me that making everyone bring up Zader and Zylo as examples paves the way for nerfs and increased raid difficulty.

Of course when ideas to hold back the progress of players are suggested by a "folk hero" like you, they would seem to hold more credibility wouldn't they?
  • Lugo
    417 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Lugo wrote: »

That's absurd. How about we don't do anything that will make newer guilds with ewoks, phasma and QGJ have a harder time finishing it.

You find an exploit that shouldn't work according to its description with a toon no one has, have no screen shots or videos, don't want to name it, and your crazy amount of spelling errors make me a bit suspicious.

It seems to me that making everyone bring up Zader and Zylo as examples paves the way for nerfs and increased raid difficulty.

Of course when ideas to hold back the progress of players are suggested by a "folk hero" like you, they would seem to hold more credibility wouldn't they?

Nope. Wouldn't have shared Nute with anyone but CG if I did. As for screen shots and vids, I was doing test runs with that set up not recording. Took a screen shot but didn't want to show it. Wanted people to try it or not.
  • Lugo
    417 posts Member
    Next time I post a set up I don't think to many people will question it instead of trying it.
    Next time I post a set up I don't think to many people will question it instead of trying it.

Just post it on shard chat/guild chat and slowly it'll spread around. It's better.
    Lugo wrote: »

Nope. Wouldn't have shared Nute with anyone but CG if I did. As for screen shots and vids, I was doing test runs with that set up not recording. Took a screen shot but didn't want to show it. Wanted people to try it or not.

Not really the point.

If you start calling for changes that make life harder for newer guilds and ftp players it just seems very suspicious.
  • Paull011
    14 posts Member
    I still find it funny that they nerfed Nute so they wouldn't Solo a phase in HAAT yet one team can Solo the rancor which is "four" phases. Too bad for the smaller guilds. It's just going to take us longer
  • Paull011 wrote: »
    I still find it funny that they nerfed Nute so they wouldn't Solo a phase in HAAT yet one team can Solo the rancor which is "four" phases. Too bad for the smaller guilds. It's just going to take us longer

That's ea Cg goal