My optimistic predictions for the end of the Empire "Pass"

Prev1
RAYRAY
2761 posts Member
edited May 2017
A. Tarkin rework will be better in practice than on paper.
B. Thrawn will be released soon.
C. And most importantly, PALP WILL GET A ZETA (or 2)!
Palp Zeta: Both Unique and Leader are at level 7. So Let's talk about what those zeta's should be and how they will shake up the meta.

Leader: Emperor fo the Galactic Empire
Adds: All empire or Sith attacks have a 50% chance of applying tenacity down.Since tenacity down works though tenacity up, this will make rex less of a hard counter to empire.

Unique: Crackling Doom
Removes Jedi and Empire language and adds "all enemies" and removes "Damage cannot defeat enemies" . There, the empire has it's leader back..

What are some other Emperor Zeta ideas?
☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV

Replies

• xReDeMpx
    1690 posts Member
    The only thing I'm optimistic about is they will probably release thrawn and then over shadow him with another rebel release
  • I love the idea of removing the "Damage cannot defeat enemies" language off, but I would prefer to see something that allows Sith or Empire allies to self cleanse or something to that effect.

Empire faction is severely lacking a cleanser.
  • Gank_Killer
    1817 posts Member
    A. I really hope so, only his Zeta leader is worse than Chewy's Zeta. So he'll just end up in a Chaze/GK/R2 squad.
    B. I really hope so.
    C. I really hope so. Unique goes something like this. "empire and Sith allies ignore X tenacity" "If Tenacity Up is applied to enemies, instead they gain deathmark."
  • you do realize that these Zatas are so OP that no one could run anything else but with the death of Zual the Imperial Troopers could easily rule the arena as is
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    50% tenacity down chance is probably the best leader zeta I've heard for Palp so far. Might want to bring it down a little for fairness (35% or so) Counters tripple cleanse teams. Very nice indeed.

I think crackling doom still shouldn't kill anyone (raids mainly), but the removing Jedi and Rebel restriction sounds good to me.

RG synergies and an auto cleanse for RG.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    you do realize that these Zatas are so OP that no one could run anything else but with the death of Zual the Imperial Troopers could easily rule the arena as is

Have you even read Chazes abilities? these are not OP
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    RAYRAY wrote: »
    ExarTheKun wrote: »
    50% tenacity down chance is probably the best leader zeta I've heard for Palp so far. Might want to bring it down a little for fairness (35% or so) Counters tripple cleanse teams. Very nice indeed.

I think crackling doom still shouldn't kill anyone (raids mainly), but the removing Jedi and Rebel restriction sounds good to me.

RG synergies and an auto cleanse for RG.

OH! RG, I forgot about him. He should get a little buff too. HIs special should read, in addition to other effects "if the emperor is present, remove all debuffs from all allies."

Remove all buffs and equalize health. That way he can get the extra taunt in whenever someone gets hit back into the yellow again. Should be a zeta because of the low CD and viability. Great idea though.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    How about:
    RG's special should read "if emperor is active, remove all debuffs from all allies and apply the opposite buff to the Emperor".
  • SpeedRacer
    1037 posts Member
    xReDeMpx wrote: »
    The only thing I'm optimistic about is they will probably release thrawn and then over shadow him with another rebel release
    Nailed it!!!

• ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    How about:
    RG's special should read "if emperor is active, remove all debuffs from all allies and apply the opposite buff to the Emperor".

Interesting. He would be pretty buffed if the enemy is debuff heavy. Might be broken in arena. But worth testing I would say.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    ExarTheKun wrote: »
    How about:

Interesting. He would be pretty buffed if the enemy is debuff heavy. Might be broken in arena. But worth testing I would say.

Since only he will get the buffs, I don't think it would be too bad.
  • All the empire that needed reworks have been reworked. The Emperor is already really good.
    The pass is over isn't it?
    They aren't going to rework tarkin then follow it up with an empire release and more zetas. I think we have seen what we are going to get. Technically we got 2 empire factions, veers + Troopers, and Tarkin. Do you really think they are going to rework krennic? DT? Shore? Gar? Commando? I don't. They are all too new. It seems super unlikely that they are going to stretch this out for Palpatine. Even if they did they aren't going to do anything to boost Zaul at this point.
    Where's the empire leader that adds enough Potency so that empire can land debuffs through tenacity up? If it countered tenacity up the Empire has a chance.

But seriously, The empire has fallen. June is going to be a fan fav, C3PO, Wicket etc. Besides they didn't say anything about extending empire into June, so I doubt it.
  • Gank_Killer
    1817 posts Member
    Krennic adds 25% potency. But Tenacity Up is guaranteed resist, not just "boost tenacity"

Tenacity Up is what needs nerfed, along with the characters that "completely remove debuffs". Those two are killing debuff reliant squads (empire). Darth Nihilus is the only thing that comes close with his Unique Zeta, adding health down on enemy turns. Oh wait, not if they have Tenacity Up.
  • Tenacity up should NOT equal debuff immunity.
    Krennic doesn't add Squat. No debuff can be landed with that 25 potency with tenacity up.
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    Tenacity up should NOT equal debuff immunity.
    Krennic doesn't add Squat. No debuff can be landed with that 25 potency with tenacity up.

I think tenacity up is fine, as is. This new Palp lead idea is cool because tenacity down cancels out tenacity up.
  • Tenacity down has to land...
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Tenacity down has to land...

Which is why I added empire and sith ally's have a 50% chance to apply tenacity down when they do damage. This does nothing for Zaul.. Its his leader ability. Tenacity down lands through tenacity up, BTW
  • VinhSolo
    52 posts Member
    Tarkin needs to be able to cleanse
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    VinhSolo wrote: »
    Tarkin needs to be able to cleanse
    Agreed, too bad that isn't happening.
  • Lets not out trick ourselves, tenacity up is overkill, if its unfixable try letting them have potency down maybe? It definitely would hurt us but not god mode like current ten up. Also they must know all this already if its never fixed they want it like this, right?
    "and i will show you ... where the iron crosses grow..."
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Although I do agree with making tenacity up less of a 100% debuff blocker, I don't think they will change it. BUT, if we had a way to apply AOE or "Off turn" tenacity down, that would be just as good because they cancel each other out.
  • What tarkin needed was aoe tenacity down that cant be resisted or removed.
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    I'd like to see synergy with Vader. The characters were introduced before they started focusing a lot on synergies, but these 2 deserve one. Royal Guard synergy would be nice too.
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    Honestly I think the one thing they missed was very simple. Adding more speed to Tarkin's leadership. There isn't alot that can't be fixed by more speed. His zeta should have added some additional speed manipulation or tm manipulation.

Would've been cold if Tarkin zeta made the other team start with speed down for 2 turns that could not be cleansed.

All that being said I think Tarkin will be the takeaway from this faction pass. He will probably enter the meta but he will enter the meta without much of the empire with him.
  • What tarkin needed was aoe tenacity down that cant be resisted or removed.

Thats a perfect fix, poetic
  • How about Chaze get 2 zetas each?
  • **** dude, you should totally work for disney
  • The pass has ended. That was it. They got us this time. Maybe next time ( they will get us again)
  • They said Tarkin is the last reworked character. They didn't say if there are any more new characters. So Thrawn is still possible. But he's certainly not going to be the fan favorite, who will be a movie character for sure.
  • Ambassador
    1653 posts Member
    There still are Captain (Admiral) Needa, Admiral Piett, Interrogation Droid, Scout Trooper, Sand Trooper, Death Star Gunner, AT-AT/TR-TT Crewman... all from the movies.

Just trying to keep my hopes high.