Poggle... without droids and GS

Monx
43 posts Member
Is it worth farming poggle even if you dont use droids and GS? I'm using Sid, Dooku, Luke, Lumi and Poe atm. Considering farming Poggle but is he worth it for me?

Replies

• Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    I'm new to the game still (level 42) but he seems too droid-centric to throw him on a team without any. I'm looking to farm him as well but I'm also farming droids to go with him.
    They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.
  • JoshG
    908 posts Member
    Yea definitely. Swap poggle for dooku.
  • The offense up is for ALL toons, added bonus goes to droids. He hits weak, but ability blocks. I've seen him on poe DPS teams and let me tell you FOTP, Leia, and Rey with offense up is just plain insane. With Poggle you put a low DPS toon in, however he boosts your others in a very good way. He is quick too. While he is ideal with Droids and GS, he is definitely usable in other builds.
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    The offense up is for ALL toons, added bonus goes to droids. He hits weak, but ability blocks. I've seen him on poe DPS teams and let me tell you FOTP, Leia, and Rey with offense up is just plain insane. With Poggle you put a low DPS toon in, however he boosts your others in a very good way. He is quick too. While he is ideal with Droids and GS, he is definitely usable in other builds.

Cool. Good info. I need to delve deeper into all the various stats and interactions. This games seems insanely deep for a freemium.

They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.
  • Yudoka wrote: »
    The offense up is for ALL toons, added bonus goes to droids. He hits weak, but ability blocks. I've seen him on poe DPS teams and let me tell you FOTP, Leia, and Rey with offense up is just plain insane. With Poggle you put a low DPS toon in, however he boosts your others in a very good way. He is quick too. While he is ideal with Droids and GS, he is definitely usable in other builds.

Cool. Good info. I need to delve deeper into all the various stats and interactions. This games seems insanely deep for a freemium.

There is a lot to read into. Toons we overlook at first once we play more we see that they are quite awesome and have their place.

I hate to mention the dreaded 3 letter word, but when poe and Phasma first came out many said poe was terrible and felt ripped off getting him not Phasma, now look at it?

My best advice to you is not to completely rule out a character until you took them to at least 5* and gear 7. That is where you can really start to see their Merit. As for their abilities at least to 4. This is my personal advice.

Here is an example. Kylo was in uproar, so I was farming him hard. I wanted Luke who hits decent. I was slowly, on gut going GS. I took them to 5* gear 7 and decided(Honestly I decided when GS hit 4* purple because he far and away out performed them) My intention was go back and do Kylo and Luke, but when the cap raised and Dooku became farmable at 69 I had to go with the count. He is now my Cantina farmer.

Other advice is do who you like and who works for you. I know people will say Kylo over Dooku, or Luke. It is a lot to do with preference. I run a very fast build that hits solid to cannon with multi attack capabilities, buffing, and some control. Others like a Tankier AOE team. It really is what fits you.

One last example. I wrote Teeboo off. I thought" what a pathetic creature this thing is" I faced him at 7* Purple as a lead with some havy hitters on his team. He has an ability that randomly strealths toons. Cannons stealthed is as bad as hidden behind tanks. So he has some potential use. He is backburner for down the road a fun build.
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Thanks for the advice!

I'm currently working on a Jedi team. I opened Ima-Gun Di from a free pack on my first day and decided to use him as base for my first team rather than try and chase FotM. I just unlocked Qui-Gon Jinn and am close to a few others. I like the idea of a bunch of "free attacks" backed with some heals. I know Jedi are not top tier but that's what I'm doing at the moment. I'll probably do a droid team next and maybe eventually do more straight power gaming farming but I'm having fun atm with what I have going.
  • Don't listen to the first couple of posts. Poggle made my team a #1 contender team in PVP every day, and I don't have any droids in my lineup. The speed up bonus is all you really get for droids, and other characters are already faster than droids with speed up. Most people don't run him as leader anyway
  • JoshG wrote: »
    Yea definitely. Swap poggle for dooku.
    Why not swap Poggle for Luke instead?