Shard question (not about exchange)

Soooo...why do I have to take a character I don't want all the way to 7* before I can trade in shards? I hope I misunderstood but how is this helpful for regular players? Someone correct me or show me the other point of view on this.

Replies

• Because it is for excess shards, if you can use the shards on a character they aren't excess.
  • So the shard shop is not meant to be used by anyone except whales? I mean I'm relatively new but I've got months before I can use it. In an app based game months is forever.

And I got news for you. If I dont intend to ever use the character then every single shard is excess. I have to save hundreds of shards and pay to promote him just to be able to start all over collecting shards to trade at a lower value lol. How does this sound good at all?
  • StarSon
    7427 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    If I dont intend to ever use the character then every single shard is excess.

Basically what he said. I have spent (and will spend more) money on this game, but to think that I will have so many 7* characters that I will have extra of them is kind of ridiculous. I will certainly be able to get extras through GW and Arena shipments, but that's about it. I am extremely unlikely to ever get a shard for a character I have already 7*ed in a regular mission, or in a Bronzium.
  • So the shard shop is not meant to be used by anyone except whales? I mean I'm relatively new but I've got months before I can use it. In an app based game months is forever.

And I got news for you. If I dont intend to ever use the character then every single shard is excess. I have to save hundreds of shards and pay to promote him just to be able to start all over collecting shards to trade at a lower value lol. How does this sound good at all?

If you choose not to star up a toon that is your choice, I have excess shards for toons that I've received from farming for equipment. I am glad they are providing a way to use those.

I am sorry you don't like it, at least they are doing something.

• BentWookie wrote: »
    So the shard shop is not meant to be used by anyone except whales? I mean I'm relatively new but I've got months before I can use it. In an app based game months is forever.

If you choose not to star up a toon that is your choice, I have excess shards for toons that I've received from farming for equipment. I am glad they are providing a way to use those.

I am sorry you don't like it, at least they are doing something.

Don't get me wrong. I'm glad for those it helps. It's just useless for a lot of people if this is how it works. They should have thought it out better. I have no interest in levelling a lame character, collecting hundreds of shards, wasting millions of credits to get 2 shards lol. Even someone who can take advantage of the shop should see how this is not enticing.
  • I'm sorry but trading any shard would be the worst idea even considered for the shard shop.

I understand what you mean but if any shard could be traded in, the system would be abused.

You want to finish your poe as fast as possible. Now you use quest energy on on every single node that has shards. You only use 8 energy cost cantina nodes. All GW shipments, and arena shipments are used on sid and lumi who is already 7*. You could pretty much go from 4* to 7* in a week. With out having to worry about refreshes. This is why it's only 7* characters.

You could pretty much star up any character you wanted to use, to include pack only characters, with little work. With in a month every person would have the exact same 10 toons at 7* and really nothing to work for.

And the biggest thing. No one would spend money on the game, because no one would need to. This would mean CG makes no money from the game.
  • @Breetai

Isn't that how it's going to be for those who already have shards or 7*s that can be farmed as you discuss?
  • @Breetai

Isn't that how it's going to be for those who already have shards or 7*s that can be farmed as you discuss?

Yes. But the people that have it already have grinded, refreshed, and spent money to get them to 7*. And most people only have around 10 or so at 7*. So its only 10 toons they can do it with.

If any shard could be done. Everyday everyone would start at LS hard 1. Do the 3 battles for every node, the go to dark one and continue. Now instead of 10 toons being traded in, your now trading in 20+ toon shards a day.
  • I get what you are saying but it still seems off to me. I'm not saying every shard I suppose. But take Manga bot or whatever. I unlocked him in a pack. I should be able to use all the excess shards instead of being made to spend how many promotion credits etc.

As far as money. What's spent is spent. I assure you the idea isn't to reward those people it is to get more to spend. That being said I'm more likely to spend for this than a whale who is simply trading in and spending nothing.