Please re-work how raid tickets are accumulated

Ariella
219 posts Member
Please re-work how raid tickets are accumulated

This is an appeal to developers and managers.
I'm sure it doesn't need stating that anyone in even a casual much less an elite guild encourages and in most cases enforces their members to "Hit their 600" raid tickets per day.
But it's just a terrible system.
Not only is the system seemingly beyond the comprehension of large swathes of players (e.g. "I did my 5 PVP attacks so why don't I have 600 tickets?" *facepalm* ) but look there are enough reasons for players to login multiple times per day to further their character development without this too.
I get that there's a cost model here but please... the game's addictive enough. You must have enough players spending crystals like there's no tomorrow.
My issue with the system is that guilds break up over this. I've been in seen guilds wherein hitting 600 is mandatory with no excuses allowed. I've seen guilds have allowances and tolerance, and utilise chat channels for anyone to notify of their absence... tracking the darn thing is a massive, massive pain for guild officers since the daily game stats are unreliable but what pains me is when a guild kicks a player out over it.
Look. We have lives. Families. Stuff happens in life, sometimes bad stuff, sometimes amazing stuff... sometimes we just can't get any Wi-Fi!
The effect of this method is bad for guild cohesion. Played need a bit of slack. If they want to take a few days out for whatever reason, their own character development will suffer, but not the guilds.

There has to be a better way.
The easiest in my opinion would be to have a passive collection of tickets which doesn't rely on user activity, simply on having members. I know, I know, you'd end up with ghost members and what not but is it that big a deal really?

If it is, maybe a weekly check on activity... that way if someone has some sort of major disaster one day and can't log in, they can still make up their numbers another day.

Something, anything has to be better than this system. Please consider?

Replies

• I've noticed a couple of times that after I've hit my 600 I still show up in the guild management screen as having 500-odd tickets, that's something that needs to be urgently fixed.
  • Ariella
    219 posts Member
    Fixing the tracking would be a good step. But I hate the way we're mandated to always be playing. It's not healthy.
    Like I say, I feel it were just the individual player who lost out from missing a day, I'd have no qualms but because the whole guild loses, it's a horrible a horrible situation
  • Ariella wrote: »
    Fixing the tracking would be a good step. But I hate the way we're mandated to always be playing. It's not healthy.
    Like I say, I feel it were just the individual player who lost out from missing a day, I'd have no qualms but because the whole guild loses, it's a horrible a horrible situation

Lucky enough to be in a relaxed guild, usually I'd hit 600 every day but missed a few days on the trot recently due to outside factors and not a word said. If I was in a guild that gave me **** for that I'd be looking for a new one TBH.
  • Ariella
    219 posts Member
    I've not personally had any grief but it saddens me that we always lose members as a result of it... I doubt there are too many haat guilds who don't insist upon it
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    I hate the system cause it penalizes smaller guilds, causing them to lose members to the bigger guilds making it harder for them to grow.