Punishment For Mod Exploiters?

Replies

• ****, i slept through the that (chinese?) pack promo bug where people got a bunch of free stuff also. I'm curious what the rule is here..if there is an exploit, are people allowed to use it without any fear of repercussions? It would be nice to know for next time.
  • Ambassador
    1653 posts Member
    jackv11 wrote: »
    sso u are the one who get milions because of this bug! come on man u talking about what?
    I was going to answer you, but clearly I shouldn't - you're not interested to know that, only want to curtail my reasonning. Anyway, my answer is no. Does it bring more validity to my argument to your eyes ? ;-)
    RacerDejak wrote: »
    Yes for u of course, but for starter lvl above 60 that's mean a lot. They usually have credit around 5m maks. Have many mods but don't have enough money. How beginner can clear GW regularry? limited and weak toon they have. Credit heist? Betcha it's no more that 500k. Impact arena? it can.. mod can boost power much.
    I sure have a different perspective on the game than beginners, but a lot of this is ungrounded fears, and here is why.

It depends on whether they had enough mods to profit from the bug. The big difference comes from 5* mods, and those require good squads to beat the Challenges, so I doubt lvl 60 beginners could have the 515 mods required to make 50M out of the bug.
    Especially if Credit Heist only gives them 500k.
    Lower mods cost much less than 5*, the difference is quite drastic, so the rewards of the bug are much lower.

So, lvl 60 beginners have much less leeway to profit from the bug. And they're put in newer shards, so they compete with other beginners who face the same limitations as them. They won't find themselves competing with players who could benefit from 30 or 50 million credits and/or suddenly find themselves in front of a lot of perfectly modded meta-squads.

But I didn't say there could be no consequences, off course there can be. It's limited, is all I'm saying.

And by the way, beating GW does not require lvl 85 - it only requires that you take the slow and steady way to develop 15 or 20 characters in 3 or 4 efficient squads, rather than overly (and cripplingly) specializing five characters to push on Arena. Three or four squads and careful cooldowns and turn meter management are all that you need, really.
  • DieInFire
    802 posts Member
    Mogen wrote: »
    Here's an idea for compensation. How about raise everyone who's credit totals are less than 20m to 20m (or some other amount). This will negate those who gained 50m+ from getting the compensation while helping those who didn't do the exploit for whatever reason from falling behind. No one gets hurt.

It has weakness tho.. what if people that get 50m or less spend their credit instantly, like lvling up unused toons from lvl 1 to 85, their credit back like before maybe less than 20m, like nothing happen.

Sure i will happy to receive 20m, but the stealer advantage will always there. It don't solve the problem, just make us temporary happy.

The alternative (and mostly what will happen)bid that the devs do nothing.
    What do you prefer?
  • ctyc123
    328 posts Member
    How much money can be made? I doubt mods price change from selling it back. Beside how many mods you need to sell to make 50 million?

About 515 fully leveled 5* mods (97.2k each).

Ok wait let me get this straight so someone going to level up 500 plus mod in less then 1 hr then the weed through all the mods they level up and sell us less mods. Lol that so time consuming it better to just play the game regularly then do all that

Umm, why would you need to sell those mods during the one hour glitch? Just open your mod, slide to level 15, rinse and repeat. Only start selling when you have no more mods to level?
  • RacerDejak
    3203 posts Member
    True, but it can still shorten the gap. I honestly don't think it is a big issue, as I'm guessing most who did exploit this probably didn't have enough mods to benefit that massively.

People lvl up to 80 i think have hundreds of unused/ugly mod that don't leveled up. Don't sell them yet, stockpile them for their backup team.

But once again, how did we know? all we have is assumption, meanwhile they have all the data.
  • Chewie_says_Aaarww
    753 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    This 'bug' is quite frustrating. Remember the issue with the pre crafted gear (on of the darker pages of the history of this game)? Some players could pre craft gear 11 pieces, giving them a huge advantage in the arena. There was only a short moment of time where you could 'pre craft' these gear pieces.

Back then, I missed the boat, just like I missed to boat on this short window of opportunity because I was asleep.....

Never mind, it's not the worst. :) But this is the second time things like this happen. Hope they can prevent a third.
    SWGOH.gg profile - Our guild, 3720 to 1, has 1 spot open! [49/50].
  • Mogen
    69 posts Member
    Here's an idea for compensation. How about raise everyone who's credit totals are less than 20m to 20m (or some other amount). This will negate those who gained 50m+ from getting the compensation while helping those who didn't do the exploit for whatever reason from falling behind. No one gets hurt.

It has weakness tho.. what if people that get 50m or less spend their credit instantly, like lvling up unused toons from lvl 1 to 85, their credit back like before maybe less than 20m, like nothing happen.

Sure i will happy to receive 20m, but the stealer advantage will always there. It don't solve the problem, just make us temporary happy.

True, but it can still shorten the gap. I honestly don't think it is a big issue, as I'm guessing most who did exploit this probably didn't have enough mods to benefit that massively.

i think is a huge issue... not only affect arena but raids too!

It probably averaged out to be about the same as a credit heist. I'm not too worried.
  • Kalano
    415 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    How will we be compensated for this bug?

I have more than 200 mods at level 1. Sure that I am not the only one. Leveling them for free would have been a big advantage for me. Discovering all the speed secondaries plus selling the other mods.
    As this bug was exploited by parts of the community only, how can the others be compensated not to fall behind due to the bug only?
  • jackv11
    51 posts Member
    It's amazing how people says is not a big deal have players with 50 to 100 M more than us!
    I wondering if u are one of them!
  • Ambassador
    1653 posts Member

People lvl up to 80 i think have hundreds of unused/ugly mod that don't leveled up. Don't sell them yet, stockpile them for their backup team.

But once again, how did we know? all we have is assumption, meanwhile they have all the data.
    There are two schools of thoughts.
    Some collect them and keep them, as you say.
    But most regularly sell them. A mod is useless if you don't level it, and by selling a useless 5* mod (for example, lots of squares, diamonds and circles, that are both very common and very similar) you get 9.5k credits. Sell 50 of them, means you can level one 5* mod to the max.
    By using your Cantina energy from two refills to farm mods, you can get 5-6 5* mods per day. So, it's two week's results to keep a hand-picked half-dozen mods, sell the rest of them and leveling those you keep.
    Three months is enough to upgrade a full set of mods for a character, from mods selling alone. I would have thought (until now) that those who kept all those mods were misguided. Well, I still think they are, and they were just lucky.
  • Mogen
    69 posts Member
    It's amazing how people says is not a big deal have players with 50 to 100 M more than us!

It is highly unlikely to be 50m, and now you're jumping it up to 100m+? I'm pretty sure that 99% or maybe even more didn't even come close to those numbers.
  • RacerDejak
    3203 posts Member
    DieInFire wrote: »

The alternative (and mostly what will happen)bid that the devs do nothing.
    What do you prefer?

I'm preferring regular credit heist once in a week, with FIXED reward (not RNG dependable). Last tier for 10m flat. And make it 3 chance, not 2. Everybody happy.. and they will busy upgrade their toons, soon this bug forgotten.

What do u think?
    I think it's slim chance.. lack credit suppose to happen, those who lack credit can buy via crystal, and we all know where crystal come from, yes?
  • slugbahr
    365 posts Member
    "well, you know, I either didn't upgrade too many, or I know a few people who only have, like, 4-5 non-upgraded mods, cos, you know, they always, always, ALWAYS, upgrade their stuff straight away, cos, like they have, like a kajillion credits at all times anyways"

Expand your mind and consider that those aren't the only possibilities. There would be a massive amount of people sitting on tons of mods they don't upgrade, for whatever reason.
    Many people would be quite active. But not all of them would have had the time, awareness etc to exploit the situation.

But if they did, it would be a MASSIVE advantage. Money saved upgrading. Improved mods. More mods to choose from to assign to your teams, including pilots (fleet arena is trash, though). More money than before after selling stuff.
    All benefits to their state of play.
  • Mogen
    69 posts Member
    Ambassador wrote: »

But most regularly sell them. A mod is useless if you don't level it, and by selling a useless 5* mod (for example, lots of squares, diamonds and circles, that are both very common and very similar) you get 9.5k credits. Sell 50 of them, means you can level one 5* mod to the max.
    By using your Cantina energy from two refills to farm mods, you can get 5-6 5* mods per day. So, it's two week's results to keep a hand-picked half-dozen mods, sell the rest of them and leveling those you keep.
    Three months is enough to upgrade a full set of mods for a character, from mods selling alone. I would have thought (until now) that those who kept all those mods were misguided. Well, I still think they are, and they were just lucky.

I use to level my grey mods to 12 to see if I get anything good, and sell it if it wasn't. Now I sell those immediately unless they are primary Speed, Crit Chance, Crit Damage, or Potency. I try to keep only color start mods.
  • slugbahr
    365 posts Member
    Solution:
    Make mod upgrades free.

Which won't happen. Ever!

Cos this game is so great! /s
  • Really, who keeps 5* mods in the inventory? I only had a few 1* mods that I hadn't bothered to throw out...
  • RacerDejak
    3203 posts Member

I keep them, unless my box full, i sold them. Bcause i have many toon not equip with mod yet, i like to combine what's best for them. I only upgrade color mod with speed secondary, the rest of *5 mod can go to my abcde team. Yes i have hundreds *5 mods in my box :expressionless:
  • I don't see this as much different than the 1st day mods went live w 100% drop rate. Some people in the big guilds heard they were going to change the drop rate so spent big to get a huge stockpile of mods over others that didn't have that information.
  • RacerDejak
    3203 posts Member
    coeuss wrote: »
    You should be happy now... They are banning every account that took advantage of it

And u know this from where? resource plz
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    i love how people always over react like everyone has an insane advantage over them.
    Sure it is far from fair, no one will deny that. But how many players did actually (ab)use this bug? From what i've read it was a very small window of oppertunity and you had to have lots of lvl 1 mods to really take advantage of the oppertunity. I'm willing to wager that less than 1% of the active playerbase made more than 20mil credits because of this bug. (probably way less than 1% actually)
    While I also have that feeling of unfairness because some players made millions and i made nothing, it still isn't that big of a deal in the grand scheme of things. I would love it if they came up with a fitting sollution to make it more fair, but at the end of the day it's not worth getting upset over if they didnt.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Calbion
    140 posts Member
    edited May 2017

[*] Challenges (unlimited challenges anyone ? 500 zeta mats ?)
    [/list]
    This could have impacted Arena, tremendously.

There was a challenge bug that let you do almost double the number of challenges for months on end. It got fixed but there wasn't much coverage of it and no one got hammered for doing it. There wasn't an official response past acknowledgement of the bug, in the bugs forum.

Edit: link added to original bug report.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/94362/daily-challenge-bug-abuse
  • I just sold a couple a days ago over 300 mods at levels 6-9 ( without speed secondaries) until I got bored and I still have about 100 mods left. I could honestly see people exploiting this and selling over 5-600 mods.
  • It would be nice if they took the same approach as they did here:
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/49835/raid-reward-exploit-discussion
  • Mogen
    69 posts Member
    It would be nice if they took the same approach as they did here:
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/49835/raid-reward-exploit-discussion

I remember that, and remember thinking that it was WAY too harsh.
  • jackv11
    51 posts Member

It is highly unlikely to be 50m, and now you're jumping it up to 100m+? I'm pretty sure that 99% or maybe even more didn't even come close to those numbers.

some one made the count in the previous post and he show could be 97M
  • Mogen
    69 posts Member

No one showed how you can upgrade over 1,000 mods in an hour.
  • Ambassador
    1653 posts Member
    Calbion wrote: »
    There was a challenge bug that let you do almost double the number of challenges for months on end. It got fixed but there wasn't much coverage of it and no one got hammered for doing it. There wasn't an official response past acknowledgement of the bug, in the bugs forum.
    I didn't know that. I guess they'll follow the same guideline here.
  • RacerDejak
    3203 posts Member

My guildmate got 80m lol, i have the screenshot. Seems today is her lucky day :cry:
  • jackv11
    51 posts Member
    It would be nice if they took the same approach as they did here:

I remember that, and remember thinking that it was WAY too harsh.

That is a great way to solve a problem as they can see who made a mistake and who cheated
  • Ambassador
    1653 posts Member
    edited May 2017

This would require 1000 mods, all 5*, and all sold. I have farmed a bit over 800 mods in 18 months of play. Sure, some players have farmed more mods than me, but still...

ÉDIT : and half the mods I've had were not even 5*. Imagine what it'd take to have 1000.
This discussion has been closed.