Tarkin rework

Prev1
I missed the pod cast what is his re work sounding like? does it sound like it will be good?

Replies

• Options
    No.
  • Options
    No.

hahahaha ok
  • Options
    Thanks. But seriously, you decide for yourself. Empire users aren't happy, rebel users are, maybe that will tell you something.

Here they are (copied from another poster):

When Omegaed, Basic grants 50% potency, stacking until Ultimate Firepower is used.
    Ultimate Firepower: Deal special damage to all enemies, with 100% chance to remove 50% TM. Gains Offense equal to double Tarkin's Potency.
    Intimidation Tactics: Gain Potency Up for 1-3 turns, inflict critical chance down and offense down for 2-3 turns on all enemies. Cannot be resisted by rebels. Gain bonus TM for each debuffed enemy.
    Tighten the Grip (Leader): Empire allies gain 30 speed. Inflict Defense Down for 2 turns on enemies that fall below 100% health during Empire allies' turns. This cannot be resisted.
    Callous Conviction (Unique): Gains Defense equal to 100% of his Potency. Zeta: Gains 20% Potency per debuffed enemy.
  • BrtStlnd
    1094 posts Member
    Options
    They implemented a very convoluted, potentially powerful attack for Moff that he will never be alive to deliver.
  • Options
    Also he brings close to nothing to the empire faction for them do deal with either the triple cleanse or the (dissapearing) sith. But they were very excited when they talked about him so there is that
  • Gaidal_Cain
    1640 posts Member
    Options
    I think he will show up in arena even if he isn't ever ultra meta.

in addition to what @danflorian1984 posted, the Zeta on Tarkin's lead ability will also expose enemy targets that fall below 100% health at the start of Empire turns.
  • Options
    ^True, one time per toon, not every time they fall under 100 though.
  • Options
    New Tarkin:

- Basic: When Omegaed, Basic grants 50% potency, stacking until Ultimate Firepower is used.
    -Ultimate Firepower: Deal special damage to all enemies, with 100% chance to remove 50% TM. Gains Offense equal to double Tarkin's Potency.
    -Intimidation Tactics: Gain Potency Up for 1-3 turns, inflict critical chance down and offense down for 2-3 turns on all enemies. Cannot be resisted by rebels. Gain bonus TM for each debuffed enemy.
    -Tighten the Grip (Leader): Empire allies gain 30 speed. Inflict Defense Down for 2 turns on enemies that fall below 100% health during Empire allies' turns. This cannot be resisted. Zeta: Inflict Expose on enemies who fall below 100% health during Empire allies turns.
    - Callous Conviction (Unique): Gains Defense equal to 100% of his Potency. Zeta: Gains 20% Potency per debuffed enemy.
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Gaidal_Cain
    1640 posts Member
    Options

So if a toon gets healed back to full health they won't get exposed again?

That would limit its usefulness, especially if it is someone like Chirrut. Once he drops below full health, Baze taunts so you won't be able to make use of the expose (without an AOE).
  • SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I personally think this rework will ultimately be a beast on Offense in Arena, and we likely see more Auto Solos appear in Rancor. He may also prove to be a good HAAT P3 setup.
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Elebrind
    168 posts Member
    Options
    I feel like he might be good under Zader lead.

Unfortunately Zader isn't top arena viable at the moment. (At least on my shard)
  • SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Elebrind wrote: »
    I feel like he might be good under Zader lead.

Unfortunately Zader isn't top arena viable at the moment. (At least on my shard)

I'm going with Zader's Leader instead. The +30 speed will make a nice difference for all Empire toons. Imagine Zidious (it's too early lol) TFP over 300 speed.

Edit: Forget I said all that.

SnakesOnAPlane
  • Elebrind
    168 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Yeah, but the the debuffs from Zader feed him, plus the extra offense. I can get my tfp over 260 as is.
  • Elebrind
    168 posts Member
    Options
    I do agree tarkin leadership is good as well
  • Options

So if a toon gets healed back to full health they won't get exposed again?

That would limit its usefulness, especially if it is someone like Chirrut. Once he drops below full health, Baze taunts so you won't be able to make use of the expose (without an AOE).

That's what they said in the podcast. And I agree with you, it would be a wasted zeta.
  • Options
    I personally think this rework will ultimately be a beast on Offense in Arena, and we likely see more Auto Solos appear in Rancor. He may also prove to be a good HAAT P3 setup.

Tarkin and what other 4 empire toons would you use against a Ahsoka Chaze R2 or GK and the leader of your choice team? Or do you mean Tarkin will be good, just not in an empire team?
  • Elebrind
    168 posts Member
    Options
    This is the issue. I like the idea of the kit, but because of current arena teams, I don't think he'll get used there.

• Gank_Killer
    1817 posts Member
    Options
    I bet his Ultimate Firepower will have like a .5 offense multiplier at level 8.
  • Elebrind
    168 posts Member
    Options
    Even if it's a 10 multiplier, not sure he'll really get to use it for it to matter.
  • smninja73
    136 posts Member
    Options
    oh you wanna know how to protect tarkin so he can do serious damage :).........Chaze(now the hatred begins)
  • Elebrind
    168 posts Member
    Options
    But he'll probably still get stunned/ability blocked/cooldown increased so much he'll never be able to get it off when it matters.
  • Elebrind
    168 posts Member
    Options
    I really hope I'm wrong
  • Gank_Killer
    1817 posts Member
    Options
    Make his debuffs on rebels unable to be cleansed. That's a start.
  • Taramel
    601 posts Member
    Options
    @CG_Kozispoon any word as to when this update will drop? is it going to be the usual Tuesday update or will it all be done on thursday when the new event hits? Also any info on this new event would be great.
  • Options
    Make his debuffs on rebels unable to be cleansed. That's a start.

That should be his omega or even zeta... then the empire can rise once more!
    Also a nihilous-like Death Star attack would be nice
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Taramel wrote: »
    @CG_Kozispoon any word as to when this update will drop? is it going to be the usual Tuesday update or will it all be done on thursday when the new event hits? Also any info on this new event would be great.

Think your question has been answered. It dropped this evening.

At least he looks better as a fleet commander now -_-
  • Options
    Tarkin is nothing special. Spend 59% of p1 rancor stacking his potency by using his basic. Then I did ultimate firepower for a whopping 46k non crit. Culling blade and Nihilus annihilate are way better. His tm removal is nice though
  • Options
    I used him g11 in several GW nodes. His AOE hit for 10k, but there were only two enemies left. I saw nothing really special, but the +28 speed from leader was actually more beneficial than I thought it would be
  • Ronoaldo
    739 posts Member
    Options
    I'm frustrated with his rework to a point where I don't see him working in any team. Seriously, he may even make the teams you put him in weaker, not stronger.
    My favorite characters Empire - Sith
  • Geonosian_Spy
    338 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    No disrespect to those citing Tarkin's potential usefulness in HAAT raids but there's already a multitude of toons suited to put up big numbers in each phase. Empire sorely needed a cleanser. Without that, it'll be a rare occurrence when you see any Tarkin-led squads anywhere near the top end of most if not all Arena shards. My main qualm is, how often will you get the opportunity to drop that huge AOE bomb?

side note: since the rework, Executrix is now granting Retribution to each arriving Reinforcement. So I've got that going for me.