Speed mechanic confusion

Hi everyone,

Recently I came across this post: http://gaming-fans.com/2017/03/swgoh-look-speed-turn-meter-gain-turn-order-manipulation/ where basically they state that turn order works based on whoever reaches 1000 turn meter first, goes first. Turn meter increases according to the amount of character speed.

The crux is that if you have two heroes whose turn meter goes above 1000 at the same time, RNG determines the order of who attacks (i.e. its capped at 1000, cant go higher). If this is true, then all heroes between a speed of 200 and 249 will go over 1000 turn meter at the same time (since 4*200 and 4*249 are below 1000, but 5*200 and 5*249 are above 1000). According to this logic I have not bothered with adding any more speed to a hero above 200 if not with the aim of reaching 250. However, I have noticed that my FOO with 238 speed, always begins with max TM and goes first when compared to kylo (203 speed) and phasma (201 speed) whose TM bar is not full (so its not just mad RNG giving FOO a turn first).

I conclude that either my understanding of the speed mechanic from that article is incorrect, the article is incorrect, or my FOO is getting 12+ extra speed ingame somehow (I use full FO with phasma lead).

Does any1 know which it is?

Thanks in advance

Replies

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    My 249 speed Chirrut always goes before a 248 speed Boba Fett (regarding that no bonus TM is gained). I don't know how you got the idea that it doesn't matter wether the speed is 200 or 249. No, I didn't read your link, but that doesn't change the fact, that your idea is wrong. The faster toon always goes first (when not regarding bonus TM).
  • IvoB1987
    494 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Your understanding is wrong. It's true that turn meter increases according to the amount of character speed. But not necessarily with the exact amount of the speed. There is no such thing as number of additions. It's not like a 249 speed character has 5 additions to get to 1000. It's more like 4.01 in this case. It's a gradual process. You would only get above 1000 TM by abilities that actually add TM
  • You take the toon with the highest speed in your battle, for example TFP with 250 speed. The second fastest (boba) has 244 speed.
    When TFP attacks (having 100% TM) , boba has 97,6 % tm .
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Speed mechanics haven't worked like that for about a year.
  • Argarath
    197 posts Member
    It only becomes relevant when there is a big boost to tm e.g. from SA making DN Zaul and also if enemy opposition already at 100% tm, then it is down to rng who will go next.
  • crzydroid
    7296 posts Moderator
    It doesnt go in ticks anymore. A character with one speed higher will always go first.