Rebel Bias is real discussion

Prev13456789
BradGoodyear
984 posts Member
edited May 2017
Let me start by clearly stating the obvious. This game has a severe rebel bias.

Easily evidenced by looking at the current situation. We are supposedly in the middle of an Empire faction pass. Tarkin is getting a big rework due today. However, all the hype is around Ahsoka. On Youtube, all the main guys have ahsoka videos with footage. Not one mention of Tarkin anywhere. No videos. Nothing. So for being an empire pass, wouldn't you think there would be some focus on Empire?
@AhnaldT101, MobileGamer, Warrior, SmithieD where is the Tarkin footage? We are in an empire faction pass right? I'm sure you would have featured tarkin if you were given that info.
Are they allowed to cover the empire faction pass? They all had ahsoka and R2 videos, but no pre info on empire update for today. So it's safe to say the empire has has been bypassed by Ahsoka release.
The rebel bias in this game needs to stop. First it was Lando,STH, Wiggs, then Chaze, Now R2 and Ahsoka. It never ends. OP rebel after OP rebel. The arena has been ruled by rebels for the longest time aside from a short stint the Sith had after thier faction pass. Now it's back to rebels with Chaze and whoever.
The empire faction pass provided nothing new that was capable of beating the OP Chaze combo that with GK protects DN forever. You can't dispel their taunts as they throw them up again. Now they are being given another weapon to hide behind them in Ahsoka.
The balance of this game stinks. To get emperor Palpatine you needed a team of rebels. To farm Krennic or Shoretrooper you need a team of Rebels or other LS team. But to farm Baze? You can just use your rebels. You required Empire teams to gear a LS team to at least G10 or G11 and have great mods to be able to farm those 2 characters, while Baze had zero investment required for people that wanted to farm him.
Empire Faction Pass? Sure, if you consider releasing 2 OP rebels part of the empire faction.
Rebel Bias.
Post edited by BradGoodyear on

Replies

• Let it go, let it go
  • WompWompRat
    1833 posts Member
    I would say those are all very fair points. It's really getting kind of old.
  • slickdealer
    1801 posts Member
    Sith was the most OP team in the history of the game.

Argument invalidated.
  • WompWompRat
    1833 posts Member

Argument invalidated.

But I think what he's getting at is the duration in which the dark side was OP pales vs rebels, and what could potentially come down the pipe might just enhance that imbalance. I don't really think the argument is invalid.
  • Not that I disagree with OP, the game is not called Star Wars: Galaxy of Villians.
  • Wiggs before Shore was way more OP. Invalidated argument invalidation.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member

Argument invalidated.

No it wasn't, Rex immediately countered them. Where is the empire love??
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    They aren't going to show Tarkin because it is probably sub par just like it looks on paper. You are right about most you write except one thing. You seem to think that this team is calculating and sly enough to purposely make Baze easier to get for rebel loving scum but at the same time make good empire characters locked behind a rebel wall. Well, I think you are giving too much credit. They clearly have no plan or idea what they are doing with some of these decisions. When things go right, its just dumb luck. when they go wrong, it's the same dumb luck, just bad.
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    There are also other dark side factions that should get the spotlight.
    Separatists are so bad in this game right now. Nightsisters are bad.
    We have a handfull of great empire characters right now so get over it and let us move over to the other factions...

Im tired of this empire "crying"
  • BrtStlnd
    1094 posts Member

Argument invalidated.

Ha! The Sith's hold on the meta was so tenuous that it got broken by a level 7 leader ability with no clone synergy and.... wait for it... a fellow Sith.
  • danflorian1984
    986 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    At this point is obvious the bias is by design, either because the whales with more clout choose this faction, or because Disney whishes it, or because devs have some kind a fascination with rebels or all the above. The problem is not that, the problem is they do not admit it, and con non rebel users in invest time and resources, including real money, in other toons.
  • Can't be worse than the action figure line-up for this franchise over the years.

I feel bad for the Luke and Han collectors.
    When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

Started mid-FEB 2017, and not trying to reach the top.
  • BrtStlnd
    1094 posts Member
    I will definitely agree that the Empire faction pass was a complete whiff, there's no other interpretation. They took a few troopers and made them into a B- galactic war squad while introducing 2 new meta shifting Rebels.

Empire literally took one step forward and two steps back with the pass.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    BrtStlnd wrote: »
    I will definitely agree that the Empire faction pass was a complete whiff, there's no other interpretation. They took a few troopers and made them into a B- galactic war squad while introducing 2 new meta shifting Rebels.

Empire literally took one step forward and two steps back with the pass.

It the empire pass ends with tarkin rework, truer words have never been spoken. BUT, maybe they have something else as a surprise, like some zeta abilities for Palp?
  • What, didn't you hear that Tarkin is gonna be a rebel destroyer? He puts defense down on them yo, they don't stand a chance.
  • Empire needs somebody that's lighting fast that can cleanse and dispel on basic.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    the meta report shows that in the top100 Palpi is the most used character, followed by nihilus, vader, maul, kylo, rex, boba, kenobi and finally a rebel; wedge.
    I personally don't mind at all that you need rebels to unlock palpi. It's the biggest and easiest to farm faction there was. The roles are reversed for R2, so that evens out.
    As far as LS hardnodes, you absolutely don't need rebels to 3 star them all.
    But yes, there are alot of rebels ingame. big whoop. You can field entirely different teams from just rebels. When i encounter a phoenix squad in GW (never happened unfortunately) it's not like i'm going to think "aaah gosh darn, another fight vs rebels" simply because it's an entire different team than the usual rebels we all faced during our swgoh carreer.
    Yes, all of the rebels have synergy with the loved/hated chaze combo. I can see how that could be viewed as troublesome or whatever term you'd like to use. But lets be honest, most of the rebels ain't cutting it in arena. So why do we care so much about the amount of rebels ingame? i honestly don't know.

PS. i too am a bit dissapointed in the tarkin rework. I really hoped his lead would be on par with QGJ's lead and it doesn't look like it is.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    I'll agree to most of this except I don't see the Tarkin rework as a bust. I would have like them to boost his leadership a bit more but after using him as my arena leader the past 18 hours it's clear that what really needed to be addressed was his squishy health pool and AOE. His AOE was trash and needed reliable TMR.
    I think he will be a pretty popular arena toon but I hate to say it that it probably won't be in a full or even mostly empire squad. It will likely be with the mix of other rebel toons.
  • PuppyJuicers
    155 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    I am with you, buddy. During this supposed "Empire Pass", we have received some pretty average reworks with the Imperial Troopers and an incoming average rework in Tarkin. Meanwhile, the Rebel faction, during the "Empire Pass", has received two game changing characters in R2-D2 and Fulcrum Ahsoka to backup the already incredibly OP Chaze combination. It really makes no sense.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    I am with you, buddy. During this supposed "Empire Pass", we have received some pretty average reworks with the Imperial Troopers and an incoming average rework in Tarkin. Meanwhile, the Rebel faction, during the "Empire Pass", has received two game changing characters in R2-D2 and Fulcrum Ahsoka to backup the already incredibly OP Chaze combination. It really makes no sense.

Ahsoka won't be delivered during the "Empire pass", since she should be delivered in june. We also got the same kind of threads when DN was delivered and everybody said that his OP annihilate will break the game. People like to complain about things they haven't even tested. Did some try Tarkin after rework? Or try to run Veers and his troopers? Cannot wait to see OP Thrawn to see if we have such comments.

Also fully agree with @leef
  • RacerDejak
    3203 posts Member
    Why it's so hard satisfied people?

1. Farmable tie advanced.. check.
    2. Free gar saxon n cheerleader trooper with reasonable price pack.. check.
    3. Free gauntlet starfighter with reasonable price pack.. check.
    4. Rework with veers, got zeta.. check.
    5. New tag imperial troopers.. check.
    6. Pack for upgrade troopers (include shore) with reasonable price.. check.
    7. Free veers shad.. check.
    8. Incoming rework of GM tarkin.. check.

Yet failed to see this:
    1. R2 not specific to rebel, he have universal tag. It need empire to unlock. Small reward for those who have *5 above empire team.
    2. New ahsoka is not that great, she will hide behind paywall. If u want ahsoka like latest depht ingame review, wanna use in raid, forget it unless u have money. Otherwise, wait until she's farmable next 4-6 month.

Jezz :dizzy:
  • This isn't just about the empire faction let down. It's about the game overall. The Sith meta was counter by rex as fast as it rose.
    Those wanting to really farm Baze were looking to use him with their other rebels, there was no challenge for them to farm him.
    Ahsoka will be released on Thursday during the "new event", not in June. 2 Days after Tarkin Release. And if you haven't noticed, the Empire pass is over with Tarkin. All the empire characters have been updated aside from RG. And don't say Palp. Palp is really really good as is, they don't need to rework him yet. We all know this. The pass is over, and it's 2 steps back like someone pointed out.

There is a lot of speculation on June "Fan Fav". I don't think it's thrawn, fan favorite is long the lines of R2. It's going to be Wicket, or C3PO, Jedi Luke etc. The last 2 which are both rebels. And IF it is jedi Luke, and he will be a rebel, he will be massively OP, as he should be. He's Jedi Luke.

But Like someone said, Tarkin Rework is not being featured most likely because it's as bad as it looks.

Let's not forget that Chaze can be worked in on ANY team and be good. Wiggs is making an arena comeback with Chaze and R2. Only with Rebels can an old meta rise from the ashes to compliment new OP rebels. Adding ahsoka only fuels the fire.

THen you add Rex, who has a generic leader ability that literally counters all DS characters in Arena by himself. Then when you add Chaze to that and GK, Nobody ever has a debuff on them because it's cleansed right away, and then they get debuff immunity from Chirrut or Rex.
  • Odin_Noah
    230 posts Member
    If you thought the empire pass was great for Rebels wait till you see the Empire pass, they are going to get 13 characters at least and they will buff Chaze Wiggs and R2
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Not that I disagree with OP, the game is not called Star Wars: Galaxy of Villians.

Rebels aren't the only heroes. Just saying.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Not that I disagree with OP, the game is not called Star Wars: Galaxy of Villians.

The terms heroes and villains are subjective.
  • RacerDejak
    3203 posts Member
    Why have so much high expectation with empire? they are destined to lose anyway. Untrained farmer jedi that not familiar with x wing can destroy death star.. at the first attempt? oh com'on!! No matter how good empire rework, buff, new release, or anything. They won't stand a chance.
  • RacerDejak wrote: »

Yet failed to see this:
    1. R2 not specific to rebel, he have universal tag. It need empire to unlock. Small reward for those who have *5 above empire team.
    2. New ahsoka is not that great, she will hide behind paywall. If u want ahsoka like latest depht ingame review, wanna use in raid, forget it unless u have money. Otherwise, wait until she's farmable next 4-6 month.

1) Benefit to ALL, everyone has vader and Tie advanced is great ship
    2) Rebels got 6 phoneix members with same deal, 3x as many
    3) Ghost ship and Phanton II same deal, 2x as many
    4) Veers rework/Zeta is not on par with Sith Zetas or Rebels without zetas
    5)Troopers is fun, not overly viable
    6)Had packs for Sith too, nothing special
    7)Veers shards are nice, but what's that really do?
    8)Tarkin rework sub-par, and countered by Ahsoka 2 days later

Failed?
    1) R2 is a rebel, meaning he triggers and gains all the rebel things that happen with Chaze, and same with Resistance. Rebels and resistance got better.
    2) With Chaze? Ahsoka is going to be good. Paywall or not, she's superior to anything that the empire got on the "pass" and she only helps the rebels become greater.

You missed the mark with your point.
  • BrtStlnd
    1094 posts Member
    RacerDejak wrote: »

Yet failed to see this:

All those items you "checked" were done, yes, it's just that most of those range from garbage characters to moderately useful reworks. None of those characters would I consider actually worth investing new resources in.

Gar and trooper - both garbage, not worth the gear. I feel sorry for players that wastes resources on them.

Imperial trooper rework - solid B-/C+ squad that's about on par with clone trooper faction now, which is not a high complement.

Veers - improved over his former self, yes. He went from being an F to a C+ however.

Tarkin - another dark side character that relies on debuffs to control enemies. Good time to remind everyone that debuffs are aging like organic fruit in this game. They're essentially useless because they'll immediately be cleansed.

Your comment about R2 is extremely naive.
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    This isn't just about the empire faction let down. It's about the game overall. The Sith meta was counter by rex as fast as it rose.
    Those wanting to really farm Baze were looking to use him with their other rebels, there was no challenge for them to farm him.
    Ahsoka will be released on Thursday during the "new event", not in June. 2 Days after Tarkin Release. And if you haven't noticed, the Empire pass is over with Tarkin. All the empire characters have been updated aside from RG. And don't say Palp. Palp is really really good as is, they don't need to rework him yet. We all know this. The pass is over, and it's 2 steps back like someone pointed out.

There is a lot of speculation on June "Fan Fav". I don't think it's thrawn, fan favorite is long the lines of R2. It's going to be Wicket, or C3PO, Jedi Luke etc. The last 2 which are both rebels. And IF it is jedi Luke, and he will be a rebel, he will be massively OP, as he should be. He's Jedi Luke.

But Like someone said, Tarkin Rework is not being featured most likely because it's as bad as it looks.

Let's not forget that Chaze can be worked in on ANY team and be good. Wiggs is making an arena comeback with Chaze and R2. Only with Rebels can an old meta rise from the ashes to compliment new OP rebels. Adding ahsoka only fuels the fire.

THen you add Rex, who has a generic leader ability that literally counters all DS characters in Arena by himself. Then when you add Chaze to that and GK, Nobody ever has a debuff on them because it's cleansed right away, and then they get debuff immunity from Chirrut or Rex.

I agree that chaze was the worst to add to this game. Because of chaze everyone gets mad when they release new great rebels ( Pao was just lame and annoying).

I want a good jedi luke in this game, but that might not happen because of chaze always being better than everybody else.

I wouldn't even mind if my chaze team became useless, I hate them so much. They don't fit in this game.

Just remove them from the game already, let whales get #1 with phoenix or whatever team they want.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    It's not a Rebel bias discussion, it's as usual a Chaze bias discussion. How many teams in top 10 using Chaze is a full rebel team? A lot of threads already speak about the same subject.