So about those mods...

Replies

• acavite1
    53 posts Member
    MayAddy622 wrote: »
    Kissycat wrote: »
    Let me get this straight, your argument is that people who took advantage of an exploit to gain any advantage over other players is a forgivable offense? Hmm. Also, my guild members who did it are totally ftp and got ~20m credits, not whales by any means.
    But just for fun, let's put it this way: you're a whale and need 30m credits. No heist available so you buy credit packs for crystals. With phenomenal rng, to get 30m credits would come out to 10,625 crystals.

That is what everyone here is looking at unfortunately simply because of how ea made very small portions of the game player vs player. The real win was for people who benefited a few weeks of farming credits or mods in a game where they profit off of people's impatience. The real winner was the players vs ea, but you all are too blinded to even think of that for a second.

And sure, let's let ea come down hard on the whales and dolphins alike who regardless of how many crystals they saved, will still buy more. Let's let them crack down on all these offenders, who let's be honest here, less then 1 percent of the entire player base would have even known about this. It's guild players on line, forum users, ECT. Which a large portion of those players are paying players. Do you think that would be smart for them to do?

Sometimes you really need to stop looking in black and white, and take into account all kind of different things that they would have to weigh the balances of. Not to mention little Johnny out there who had no idea what was going on, but kept excitedly leveling his mods up having no idea why its working, but happy none the less. Should he also be punished?

So many people have such a limited perspective on issues like this when it comes to actual decisions on what to do. What exactly do you want ea to do for something that truly isnt game breaking in any way and all of you complaining know it?

Exploiting is wrong right? Anyone use zader in the rancor? Anyone use wiggs until last week? You were also exploiting then, something in game not working as intended. It's a freeware game, these things happen, get over yourselves and move on.

Otherwise let them do something about it, or let them put something in place moving forward, or not screw up their coding while they are working on it? It's just as much their fault as anyone who took place in the Monday mod upgrade mania, but y'all are blinded by the "I didn't do it give me something free too" or "I wasn't able to log on to do it, give me something free too" mentality to see any of it.

Win for the player base, in a grind everything game, for 45 minutes, move along.

Youre right about one thing.. it is as much on them as on the exploiter.. which is why i proposed an alternative to punishing them (which keeps little johny happy, since hes so innocent and unknowing)..

Anyone who did not upgrade mods in that 1 hour window gets a sum of credits or crystals as a thank you for being a good person. The key to that is, dont let the people who did exploit get the reward.

That would even the field a bit.. whether you think it matters or not, it matters to many others.

• acavite1 wrote: »
    Let me get this straight, your argument is that people who took advantage of an exploit to gain any advantage over other players is a forgivable offense? Hmm. Also, my guild members who did it are totally ftp and got ~20m credits, not whales by any means.
    But just for fun, let's put it this way: you're a whale and need 30m credits. No heist available so you buy credit packs for crystals. With phenomenal rng, to get 30m credits would come out to 10,625 crystals.

That is what everyone here is looking at unfortunately simply because of how ea made very small portions of the game player vs player. The real win was for people who benefited a few weeks of farming credits or mods in a game where they profit off of people's impatience. The real winner was the players vs ea, but you all are too blinded to even think of that for a second.

And sure, let's let ea come down hard on the whales and dolphins alike who regardless of how many crystals they saved, will still buy more. Let's let them crack down on all these offenders, who let's be honest here, less then 1 percent of the entire player base would have even known about this. It's guild players on line, forum users, ECT. Which a large portion of those players are paying players. Do you think that would be smart for them to do?

Sometimes you really need to stop looking in black and white, and take into account all kind of different things that they would have to weigh the balances of. Not to mention little Johnny out there who had no idea what was going on, but kept excitedly leveling his mods up having no idea why its working, but happy none the less. Should he also be punished?

So many people have such a limited perspective on issues like this when it comes to actual decisions on what to do. What exactly do you want ea to do for something that truly isnt game breaking in any way and all of you complaining know it?

Exploiting is wrong right? Anyone use zader in the rancor? Anyone use wiggs until last week? You were also exploiting then, something in game not working as intended. It's a freeware game, these things happen, get over yourselves and move on.

Otherwise let them do something about it, or let them put something in place moving forward, or not screw up their coding while they are working on it? It's just as much their fault as anyone who took place in the Monday mod upgrade mania, but y'all are blinded by the "I didn't do it give me something free too" or "I wasn't able to log on to do it, give me something free too" mentality to see any of it.

Win for the player base, in a grind everything game, for 45 minutes, move along.

Youre right about one thing.. it is as much on them as on the exploiter.. which is why i proposed an alternative to punishing them (which keeps little johny happy, since hes so innocent and unknowing)..

Anyone who did not upgrade mods in that 1 hour window gets a sum of credits or crystals as a thank you for being a good person. The key to that is, dont let the people who did exploit get the reward.

That would even the field a bit.. whether you think it matters or not, it matters to many others.

Oh so you want to go morale huh? Okay so how do you know that given the chance and knowing about it, that everyone of those players who would be receiving crystals and credits wouldn't have done it if given the chance/knowledge of this? So you reward someone who didn't log in that day, for being a good person, even though they would have taken these mods to the bank too if they would have known?

There is no real answer to this is my entire point, there is nothing that is going to satisfy this situation, this is not a player vs player issue, never should have been made into one in the first place. Ea screwed up, it was found out, and some players benefited. The same as when wedge dies in battle, and biggs still got the benefit. Not working as intended is not the players fault, it is the developers/coders.

Yet people are so envious of things that someone else got but they didn't, that the cry is mostly going to the "give me something free" people more then this ever being an actual game issue. It's unfortunate. Ea was sloppy, it's now fixed, that's about all I could ever think about this issue.

I guess we will all just have to wait and see if/when they do anything. They shoulda rolled the game back immediately after this happened, they fumbled that ball, now its way to late for those kind of fixes. This is a mess with no real solution, so once again thats why I continue to say, move along people, it happens in app games like this.
  • Muaddib
    563 posts Member
    The real winner was the players vs ea, but you all are too blinded to even think of that for a second.
    No no, we understand completely. EA loses out on potential revenue. It's like you're saying 2+2 doesn't equal 4 tho... those players who exploited the glitch still gained an advantage on those who didn't. It's like the zeta challenge glitch... Do you know what happened with that? People were able to do more than 2 challenges per day and were able to stockpile Zetas. Was that a glitch? Yes. Did people who exploited it gain a clear advantage? Yes. Did EA do anything about it? Apparently not. And that's some ****.
    What? Listen, something needs to happen. There's become a culture of "Events were terrible because of cheaters!" on the one hand, then "Awesome, I can upgrade and sell my mods for significant profit" which is still absolutely the cheating you were just complaining about. The zeta thing was a cheat. Some people have been banned for less (the raid rewards issue in which rewards were rolled back and they still served a ban) but not (seemingly) lately. So that leaves many of us asking: "what's the deal here? Is cheating a bannable offense or is it ok and I should take advantage myself the next time it happens because they've set a precedent that exploiting glitches won't get me a ban."
    Exploiting is wrong right? Anyone use zader in the rancor? Anyone use wiggs until last week? You were also exploiting then, something in game not working as intended.

There's a pretty significant difference between playing with the game as it is FOR ALL PLAYERS and exploiting a glitch that popped up and was closed in less than an hour knowing all the while it was a cheat.

This is the issue... it is currently a "win" for some of the player base. It gave some people a clear advantage no matter how you cut it. Not game breaking overall as mentioned, but they exploited a glitch. That's cheating. I don't want them banned really, I want balance. That's a fair ask.
  • acavite1
    53 posts Member
    They shoulda rolled the game back immediately after this happened, they fumbled that ball, now its way to late for those kind of fixes.

On this i agree. They should have shut it down right away and hopefully they learn from the mistake.

Regarding the morality issue. Youre somewhat right. Many would have, but some DID have the chance and balked at it for fear of consequences/temp ban.
  • Muaddib
    563 posts Member
    This is a mess with no real solution, so once again thats why I continue to say, move along people, it happens in app games like this.

But there are several solutions offered.
    1. Roll back the gains. (easiest solution and totally possible based on the double raid rewards glitch in the past)
    2. ban people who exploited it. (not my suggestion, but per EA's terms)
    3. offer people who didn't exploit the glitch a "get back" (preferred imo)

If it doesn't bother you, feel free to move along.
  • SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    acavite1 wrote: »
    Just a brief update, ive received word that "[modordevnamehere] will issue a statement in thread or announcement based on studio decision."

The thread i believe theyre referring to is this one
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/1087795#Comment_1087795

That's not anything new. They've already said they were. If you haven't figured it out by now, take that as a subtle hint to quit your badgering and let them do their jobs.

Okay fanboy, clearly i am not the only one who takes issue with this situation. If you dont have a problem with it youre welcome to ignore my posts instead of following me around just to troll.

And its been 2 days with no response from anyone from the company on this matter prior to my "badgering". I was letting others know of the response i got, be it new or not.

Not everyone is so in awe over the tarkin update theyre going to let any existing issues just be swept under the rug.

You're clearly taking away from their abilities and duties by pressing the issue that they've clearly said they'll address in due time. You're detracting from them continuing to make this game great, which affects all of us. And you're also welcome to ignore my replies.

SnakesOnAPlane
  • Muaddib wrote: »
    The real winner was the players vs ea, but you all are too blinded to even think of that for a second.
    No no, we understand completely. EA loses out on potential revenue. It's like you're saying 2+2 doesn't equal 4 tho... those players who exploited the glitch still gained an advantage on those who didn't. It's like the zeta challenge glitch... Do you know what happened with that? People were able to do more than 2 challenges per day and were able to stockpile Zetas. Was that a glitch? Yes. Did people who exploited it gain a clear advantage? Yes. Did EA do anything about it? Apparently not. And that's some ****.
    What? Listen, something needs to happen. There's become a culture of "Events were terrible because of cheaters!" on the one hand, then "Awesome, I can upgrade and sell my mods for significant profit" which is still absolutely the cheating you were just complaining about. The zeta thing was a cheat. Some people have been banned for less (the raid rewards issue in which rewards were rolled back and they still served a ban) but not (seemingly) lately. So that leaves many of us asking: "what's the deal here? Is cheating a bannable offense or is it ok and I should take advantage myself the next time it happens because they've set a precedent that exploiting glitches won't get me a ban."
    Exploiting is wrong right? Anyone use zader in the rancor? Anyone use wiggs until last week? You were also exploiting then, something in game not working as intended.

There's a pretty significant difference between playing with the game as it is FOR ALL PLAYERS and exploiting a glitch that popped up and was closed in less than an hour knowing all the while it was a cheat.

This is the issue... it is currently a "win" for some of the player base. It gave some people a clear advantage no matter how you cut it. Not game breaking overall as mentioned, but they exploited a glitch. That's cheating. I don't want them banned really, I want balance. That's a fair ask.

Out of all of this, let me just point out that it is in no way players cheating. It was ea screwing up their launch. And players either knowingly or unknowingly taking advantage of it. How do you know which players were which? Cheating is on the player side of things, hacking/backdoor into a system, ECT. Ea let this puppy in all on its own. They did nothing to alleviate it when they could have by rolling the servers back immediately, now what do you expect them to do? Or did they also know player intent for what happened? Did they know Johnny thought it was a promotion or something, but Mike clearly knew it was an exploit let's ban him!

Think about it. Be mad at ea, not at players for doing or not doing.
  • acavite1
    53 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Muaddib wrote: »

Out of all of this, let me just point out that it is in no way players cheating. It was ea screwing up their launch. And players either knowingly or unknowingly taking advantage of it. How do you know which players were which? Cheating is on the player side of things, hacking/backdoor into a system, ECT. Ea let this puppy in all on its own. They did nothing to alleviate it when they could have by rolling the servers back immediately, now what do you expect them to do? Or did they also know player intent for what happened? Did they know Johnny thought it was a promotion or something, but Mike clearly knew it was an exploit let's ban him!

Youre right that its impossible to determine each users intent. But regardless of intention to exploit a bug and innocently exploiting a bug you didnt even know about, it was exploited.

As i and many others have alreay said.. due to the difficulty in differentiating between the two a revoking of gains or leveling of field is preferable to outright bans.

Edit: and im not mad at any player who used it knowingly or not, fyi. But that doesnt mean i won't address my concerns with EA. And since we are doing so in a respectful manner, in the appropriate subforum, we are well within our rights to bring it up.
  • Muaddib
    563 posts Member
    Out of all of this, let me just point out that it is in no way players cheating.
    You are incorrect.
    From the TOS Rules of Conduct:
    When you access or use an EA Service, you agree that you will not: Use exploits, cheats, undocumented features, design errors or problems in an EA Service.

Apparently, Lucifer's Daddy was specifically hired to handle all the cheats/exploits. This would definitely be an exploit of a design error.
    Edit: and im not mad at any player who used it knowingly or not, fyi. But that doesnt mean i won't address my concerns with EA. And since we are doing so in a respectful manner, in the appropriate subforum, we are well within our rights to bring it up.
    Completely wholeheartedly agree

Youre right that its impossible to determine each users intent. But regardless of intention to exploit a bug and innocently exploiting a bug you didnt even know about, it was exploited.

As i and many others have alreay said.. due to the difficulty in differentiating between the two a revoking of gains or leveling of field is preferable to outright bans.

Exactly, and I just happen to respectfully disagree with you, I look for outcome which is best for EVERYONE. Best outcome from this would not be to do giveaways or punishments, but for more care to be taken when updates or launches are happening from ea side in the future. That is something I think everyone could agree on.
  • acavite1
    53 posts Member
    edited May 2017

Exactly, and I just happen to respectfully disagree with you, I look for outcome which is best for EVERYONE. Best outcome from this would not be to do giveaways or punishments, but for more care to be taken when updates or launches are happening from ea side in the future. That is something I think everyone could agree on.

Sure, but if we dont express our discontent with being their beta testers and let things like this go all the time, next time it happens there wont be any roll back either.. because we just sit idly by when it does.

We can only effect change if we speak up when something goes wrong.

Edit: and its up to them to decide HOW to handle things, what i really want to see is for them to do something and to take a clear and definitive position on how they will handle situations like this in the future.
  • Wallenstein2
    3 posts Member
    edited May 2017

Part of the problem here is that what is cheating and what is not is pretty murky.

EA could have a policy that anything that can be done within the game is fair play. From reading their terms of service though, that is not the case-- they explicitly call out that using undocumented features or design errors is a violation of their terms of service. There isn't even any mention of whether you are doing it intentionally.

Now, we all know that not all violations of their terms of service are equal. We all know that no one is getting any sort of punishment for the Zader bug.

I certainly think that this one is less clear cut than the Zader bug.I heard about it when the bug was live, but it smelled a bit too much like an exploit for my taste (whereas I fully took part in some sweet Zader rancor action when I had the chance). For the reasons you bring up and just based on the severity of this one, I think most of us agree that punishment would be way out of line. Still, I think it would be good for them to just be clear on what their policy is, from a practical standpoint, when an exploitable bug gets out, and what are the factors that go into that decision.

In this particular case I think a small compensation would be a good idea, if merely to convey that they understand that this was a big goof (they've given out compensation for short outages, which I think of as less of an issue than this). I think even better is targeted compensation (say to anyone who didn't upgrade their mods when the bug was live, or even better would be to tailor the compensation based on the amount they spent to upgrade mods). It would just show that they are doing what they can when the inevitable bug slips out.

That said, I think just acknowledging the issue and giving us straight talk that gives us an idea of how they would deal with the next such bug would be really hepful.

Sure, but if we dont express our discontent with being their beta testers and let things like this go all the time, next time it happens there wont be any roll back either.. because we just sit idly by when it does.

Edit: and its up to them to decide HOW to handle things, what i really want to see is for them to do something and to take a clear and definitive position on how they will handle situations like this in the future.

Then I'm actually completely on board with you after all. I just cannot take much more of the "I didn't do it or I wasn't home give me something free too people here". Way too much of that, much less actual substance. Ea should not punish nor reward imo, just get better themselves going forward as the heart of the problem was in their own doing.

But as said before, it has been mentioned tgdw are looking into it, two day's with just the questions we have posed in this one thread will probably take longer then that to work out, not to mention celebration week. Patience is a good thing in these instances.
  • MayAddy622
    298 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Out of all of this, let me just point out that it is in no way players cheating.
    You are incorrect.
    From the TOS Rules of Conduct:
    When you access or use an EA Service, you agree that you will not: Use exploits, cheats, undocumented features, design errors or problems in an EA Service.

Apparently, Lucifer's Daddy was specifically hired to handle all the cheats/exploits. This would definitely be an exploit of a design error.
    Completely wholeheartedly agree

That is of course the policy, again, prove intent that little Johnny had been blatant in exploiting this when he upgraded his mods. Even I was not alone in thinking this was some kind of promotion for the 40th anniversary week until I logged onto forums. If they are specifically following their own policy, then again we can understand that players use exploits when they fired up zader in the rancor. They do not follow their own rules black and white, if they did a ton of people would be constantly banned.

There is an obvious grey area to most laws in life, this game appears to follow that trend.
  • acavite1
    53 posts Member

Then I'm actually completely on board with you after all. I just cannot take much more of the "I didn't do it or I wasn't home give me something free too people here". Way too much of that, much less actual substance. Ea should not punish nor reward imo, just get better themselves going forward as the heart of the problem was in their own doing.

But as said before, it has been mentioned tgdw are looking into it, two day's with just the questions we have posed in this one thread will probably take longer then that to work out, not to mention celebration week. Patience is a good thing in these instances.

Well hey, im not saying i don't want free stuff.. i just don't feel entitled to it. ;)
  • Kissycat
    410 posts Member

Okay. Firstly, I don't care if I get anything out of this or not. I never stated that I wanted recompense for their screw up. I'm not blinded by anything whatsoever. I DID in fact state that those who did this have an advantage. As I am in fact p2p, I wouldn't consider myself a whale by any means having only spent ~3k, I see an advantage that would have saved me money. I want action and fairness for all involved.
    Charge the offenders the cost to level the mods they did, even if they're put into a negative deficit. Offenders would get to keep their mods. THAT'S fair.
    I agree that CG was mainly at fault. And I agree that there are varying shades of gray for offenders. But the fact of the matter is, you and others did gain an advantage by utilizing an exploit. Your original post detailing your reasoning was you began upgrading mods as normal and noticed it wasn't costing you anything so you kept going, who wouldn't. Well, I wouldn't along with many others. Per your own guess, 99% of the player base had no idea it was a bug or had no idea it was happening. So let me ask, is it truly a win for the player base, or a win for the offenders? Did the entire player base profit in any way? Perhaps the one blinded would be yourself. Blinded by fear of losing your advantage (however small or large) and of the possible ramifications of The Who wouldn't mentality.
  • MayAddy622 wrote: »
    I started upgrading as usual, then realized that it didn't take any credits. Who wouldn't continue on? Zader was working as intended right?
    I just cannot take much more of the "I didn't do it or I wasn't home give me something free too people here".
    WAIT A SECOND.

You abused the bug to get free stuff. You're complaining that you're tired of seeing other people ask for a chance to get free stuff to balance things out, like all of the sudden "free" is a dirty word to you. You shouldn't even have a say in whether or not other people get compensated for your abuse of a bug, and it's outrageous that you seem to think you do have a say in it. :)
  • MayAddy622
    298 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    I started upgrading as usual, then realized that it didn't take any credits. Who wouldn't continue on? Zader was working as intended right?
    I just cannot take much more of the "I didn't do it or I wasn't home give me something free too people here".
    WAIT A SECOND.

You abused the bug to get free stuff. You're complaining that you're tired of seeing other people ask for a chance to get free stuff to balance things out, like all of the sudden "free" is a dirty word to you. You shouldn't even have a say in whether or not other people get compensated for your abuse of a bug, and it's outrageous that you seem to think you do have a say in it. :)

Legit I leveled up mods wondering why it was costing 1 credit, thought it was promotional for the celebration, then found out it was causing a massive stir on here and through the guild chat grapevine. I am giving a reasonable account of someone who did level them up that there really wasn't a game breaking advantage that people on here are claiming. Arena team has maxed mods, raid teams have max mods, what's left in your inventory is mods that are not usable even on backup toons. So what benefit did I really receive over someone who didn't do this? My arena rank is the same, ship rank is the same, don't do any better on raids, so the advantage is where exactly when we are talking specifically player vs player? Which is what you should be concerned about.

People leveling and dumping the mods could obviously gain a significant amount of credits, but as I already stated if you had that many laying around, you are already an incredibly devoted player so a bunch of credits are not really going to do a whole lot for you. The hysteria calling this game breaking is incredibly silly, so are people looking now for the free advantage that other people received, not really much of any kind of advantage to be had in the first place. I wouldn't care if they gave everyone 50 million credits and 50 gold mods with speed secondary, it's a game where everyone should be able to get whatever they want to, fact remains that it was an error not created by the player base, without any reasonable way to determine who did what or why, so what exactly are you all looking for? Blood? 500 crystals? An award?
    WAIT A SECOND.

Legit I leveled up mods wondering why it was costing 1 credit, thought it was promotional for the celebration, then found out it was causing a massive stir on here and through the guild chat grapevine. I am giving a reasonable account of someone who did level them up that there really wasn't a game breaking advantage that people on here are claiming. Arena team has maxed mods, raid teams have max mods, what's left in your inventory is mods that are not usable even on backup toons. So what benefit did I really receive over someone who didn't do this? My arena rank is the same, ship rank is the same, don't do any better on raids, so the advantage is where exactly when we are talking specifically player vs player? Which is what you should be concerned about.

People leveling and dumping the mods could obviously gain a significant amount of credits, but as I already stated if you had that many laying around, you are already an incredibly devoted player so a bunch of credits are not really going to do a whole lot for you. The hysteria calling this game breaking is incredibly silly, so are people looking now for the free advantage that other people received, not really much of any kind of advantage to be had in the first place. I wouldn't care if they gave everyone 50 million credits and 50 gold mods with speed secondary, it's a game where everyone should be able to get whatever they want to, fact remains that it was an error not created by the player base, without any reasonable way to determine who did what or why, so what exactly are you all looking for? Blood? 500 crystals? An award?

Did you cash them in after you knew it was causing a massive stir? I think the right thing to do would be to just destroy them.
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Kissycat
    410 posts Member
    WAIT A SECOND.

I stated quite clearly what I want, but I'll repeat myself just to be positive. I want what's fair for ALL players. Not only the ones who did right, but the ones who did wrong.
    WAIT A SECOND.

Did you cash them in after you knew it was causing a massive stir? I think the right thing to do would be to just destroy them.

I am only level 74, pretty much all of the mods I have ever farmed I kept as I have tons of people left to unlock that I would slide my not so good proc mods on just to give them something when I unlocked them and took them to 50. I am not in any position to sale, the mods I did level up were just mods that sit in my inventory today the same as they sat in it Monday before all of this drama.

The hysteria about this being game breaking is what i continue to fail to see. People in my position just ended up with better backup mods, and high level people just ended up with more cash that they could make anyway in not that long of a time, or also more backup mods to collect dust. The problem of imbalance should come in player vs player scenarios. Which noone has ever given me any sort of evidence to show this occurred. The players benefited as in one way or another, more things for less time farmed. Whether credits or mods, but in both of those cases, being realistic, the advantage isnt on player vs player. Competitive players already max out the things they need to compete in this games player vs player scenarios.
  • I wonder how many people that are crying in this thread because a swift actions hasn't been taken are mostly butt hurt because they weren't aware when this was occurring and would have did the same many others did. My guess, most of them...
  • Zephyrus
    330 posts Member
    I wonder how many people that are crying in this thread because a swift actions hasn't been taken are mostly butt hurt because they weren't aware when this was occurring and would have did the same many others did. My guess, most of them...

I was on and aware of the exploit, but chose not to take part in an offense that clearly states would be addressed as a ban. There's a rift in sides from what I've gathered. Most people that chose not to take part, wish they had simply because it's being g overlooked. Others wish they'd have taken swift rollback action, as do I, to alleviate the issue in a matter of moments. The 3rd group is naysaying any wrongdoing on their part and are shooting down these theory crafted punishments. The 4th group are the theory crafting executioners. The rest of us just don't care all the much.
  • scoke
    32 posts Member
    Such consternation over a mobile game. I wish this much passion was funneled into solving American healthcare.
  • scoke wrote: »
    Such consternation over a mobile game. I wish this much passion was funneled into solving American healthcare.

I spend a good deal of time tweeting at local government representatives and our President when i am displeased with whats going on. Im hopeful that by the time it all gets through, the new healthcare bill will fix many of the problems obamacare introduced. Its still a work in progress from what ive seen so far. But alas.. this isnt the correct subforum for such discussion and we wouldnt want to be banned. ;)
  • Muaddib
    563 posts Member
    scoke wrote: »

I spend a good deal of time tweeting at local government representatives and our President when i am displeased with whats going on. Im hopeful that by the time it all gets through, the new healthcare bill will fix many of the problems obamacare introduced. Its still a work in progress from what ive seen so far. But alas.. this isnt the correct subforum for such discussion and we wouldnt want to be banned. ;)

Solving the American health care issue is as easy as it is to resolve this issue.
    Here: Rollback the mods
    AHCA: 45 already said the Australian system of health care was better than ours, so let's adopt that. ;) Single payer all insured, wham bam thank you Ivanka. ;)
  • Contrary to the old saying, silence is not always golden. Having a hard time believing any "announcement" is forthcoming on the matter the more time goes by.
  • SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    How does the community feel about those who willfully participated in ModGate 2.0, as potential penalty, getting reduced rewards based on the extent of their participation (upgrading, cashing in)? This could bring fairness to those who didn't participate.
    Post edited by SnakesOnAPlane on
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Okay, I'll bite. What's "Modgate 2.0"?

ETA : And keep in mind, this is coming from someone who spends way too much time on this game and these forums.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Okay, I'll bite. What's "Modgate 2.0"?

Snakes is talking about the people who were able to upgrade mods for free a couple days ago and sold them for mild profit.

I don't think it's right to punish players for something that wasn't their fault. There was a flaw in the system and some players were able to use it to their advantage. Others, albeit out of "I don't want to do this" or them being unable to participate, were not able to. Even if something was to be done about it I think the average person made 1 to 5 mil credits. Most less than 5 with the occasional outlier above that.

Basically, don't punish people for a flaw in the game