If you don't have Chaze....

Brigger
241 posts Member
edited May 2017
Let's expand our minds and come up with teams that don't revolve around the dynamic duo.

I started running a team yesterday that some shardmates (including a member of TI) have said is a pain to beat.

GK lead, R2, DN, Fives, zBarris.

Makes for a great time out team against other GK leads. According to shardmates, the best way to beat my team is with Rex lead, but honestly, what can Rex lead not beat?, so I take that as a compliment

Let me know what other combinations without Chaze have been working for y'all! It's nice to be a little unique and still finish in the top spot.

https://swgoh.gg/u/brigger/

Replies

• vynn
    205 posts Member
    DN(L), SO, SiT, Dooku, B2
    Maul(L), SiT, SA, SO (or B2), DN
  • Gank_Killer
    1817 posts Member
    GK and R2 are on the same OP level as Chaze, just no synergy abilities. Basically, it's the cleansing on top of already very solid kits.
  • Zombie961
    1819 posts Member
    Rex lead, Nihilis, TIE, Boba, Shore
    Either that or a Zader empire team or Nihilis Sith team
  • zQGJ, zYoda, R2Z2, JKA and GK.

It's what's at the top of my shard right now.
  • Rex (lead), DN, GK (or shore), EP (or R2), Boba
  • Drazz127
    770 posts Member
    Before my shard hit zetas and zaul, I would eat the chaze teams with Boba(L), Kylo, QGJ, Aayla, and Sun Fac. Nice starting the game with QGJ giving my team offense up.
    Now I run Rex, Zylo, Boba, DN, and Sun Fac. Crushes everything on offense. Holds good on defense. I also have fast mods, so that helps.
  • Echo_Base
    185 posts Member
    zQGJ, zYoda, R2Z2, JKA and GK.

You're a lucky guy.
  • Echo_Base wrote: »

You're a lucky guy.
    Its not my squad. But right now no one on my shard can touch it. There are plenty of Chaze teams, no one moves this guy off of #1 until he puts in a weak squad after his pay out.
  • Brigger
    241 posts Member
    Echo_Base wrote: »

You're a lucky guy.
    Its not my squad. But right now no one on my shard can touch it. There are plenty of Chaze teams, no one moves this guy off of #1 until he puts in a weak squad after his pay out.

Thats crazy, cuz thats exactly what I used to run and I couldn't get to top 5. He must have amazing mods
  • Echo_Base wrote: »

You're a lucky guy.

you must know nothing if you think that's a bad team, that thing eat triple cleanse for breakfast if they have good mods
  • Brigger
    241 posts Member
    Arimanius wrote: »

You're a lucky guy.

you must know nothing if you think that's a bad team, that thing eat triple cleanse for breakfast if they have good mods

Its definitely not a bad team because like I said, I was running that team for a month. It can definitely beat triple cleanse, but it cannot beat:
    the new Wedge lead with GK, Chaze, R2D2
    or the GK lead with DN, Chaze, R2D2

Thats new the meta my shard has turned to. Luckily my team from the OP is holding up amazingly. Stayed at #1 all night. At #2 this morning. Shardmates are telling me they are losing all the time or timing out.
  • ddlooping2
    1046 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Rex (L), zBarriss, StHan, Nihilus, Death Trooper.
    5 toons, 5 factions :D
    The more-often-than-not #1, VladTheImpaler, has extremely good mods (Chirrut 260+ speed, R2D2 ~260, Wiggs ~200, Baze ~175).

P.S: I'm about 1 1/2 month away from unlocking GK.
  • Arimanius
    165 posts Member
    Brigger wrote: »
    Arimanius wrote: »

You're a lucky guy.

Its definitely not a bad team because like I said, I was running that team for a month. It can definitely beat triple cleanse, but it cannot beat:
    the new Wedge lead with GK, Chaze, R2D2
    or the GK lead with DN, Chaze, R2D2

Thats new the meta my shard has turned to. Luckily my team from the OP is holding up amazingly. Stayed at #1 all night. At #2 this morning. Shardmates are telling me they are losing all the time or timing out.

I can show you some videos beating all sort of teams
  • Rapid
    421 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    To be fair there will always be future metas. One thing about going QGJ lead is that when jedi luke does eventually drop, you'll be well placed to change over to that meta straight away. he's such a historic character that you'd have to expect when he comes he will reign for quite some time, at least as long as wiggs and latterly zmaul have done.