Suggestion: get rid of TM reduction in Rancor

Prev1
js4
129 posts Member
edited May 2017
I hereby suggest that the ability to inflict TM removal on any of the Rancor Pit units be removed from the raid mechanics. Obviously there was no intent to allow players to solo any of the phases and many of us have long been aware of rex/teebo/vader-related exploits that have unfairly allowed players to register large amounts of damage on the rancor raids.

Replies

• tkl
    295 posts Member
    Options
    Great idea! Also remove the ability to do anything in the game besides having characters do 1 move which deals physical damage to the target enemy. Great idea right?!?!
  • Lugo
    417 posts Member
    Options
    Afterwards add a new tier with a new toon gotten from it. Legenday Mode
  • Options
    Lugo wrote: »

And make sure Nute and Jawas aren't allowed
  • Lugo
    417 posts Member
    Options

Nute and jawas only worked in AAT
  • Options
    Better save that fix for the next time someone outsmarts them.
  • Options

I'm trolling the OP back
  • js4
    129 posts Member
    Options

I'm trolling the OP back

Not trolling this time, just asking for consistency. Surprised you haven't snitched yet though.
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    Options

Why wouldn't they work in rancor topple?
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    Olddumper wrote: »

Why wouldn't they work in rancor topple?

Because the Jawas don't get the assist bonus in the Rancor.
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    This is a terrible idea. The Rancor would be much harder than the HAAT then. If you made a "legendary" mode, maybe..... But the rewards would have to be amazing...... And I'd much rather see a new raid..... I've already seen enough of the pit!

What you're suggesting would only be beatable by a handful of the guilds that can defeat the HAAT.
  • tkl
    295 posts Member
    Options
    JK this is a trash idea just sorry
  • Options
    Raid and toon modifications should continue until any team composition can only do a Max of 5% per phase.
  • StarSon
    7437 posts Member
    Options
    The Pit was not designed to not have any phases solo'd. This is evidenced by the devs showing off player videos solo'ing p1 within a month of its release. The tank is a different story. It's meant to be end-game content, which is supposed to be difficult. The Pit is mid-game content, which should not be overly difficult.
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Options
    Hiya!
    Shuttled this up to the team for review. Thanks!
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • Options
    Well that's good
    That'll just destroy the chances of guilds who haven't even finished a heroic rancor yet?!
    Train Yourself To Let Go Of Everything You Fear To Lose - Yoda.
  • Supercat
    3250 posts Member
    Options
    Hiya!
    @CG_Kozispoon really? You are going to nerf Ewoks again?
    :bawling:
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • Options
    Hiya!

I think i died internally
  • Zaraos
    771 posts Member
    Options
    People need to stop crying about raid mechanics, All the people complaining about zader 24/7 has set off the devs to make ridiculous changes to the raids, Zader (Fair enough it was a bug) but it should have been done months ago, not after everyone spent ages gearing teams. Second nute (This i can understand), Thirdly there getting rid of Zylo being able to solo phase 1 of HAAT, which in itself is ridiculous, HAAT is hard enough as it is for most guilds. And now there considering removing TM Reduction from the rancor? This is getting ridiculous and many people are going to get fed up of everything being changed just as they have completed these specific teams. People really need to stop crying about actual tactics that people use the clear the raids, so the devs dont feel pressured to make the changes. Stop moaning about content and ruining everything to do with the raids ad let the devs focus on new content that everyone wants. Stop being children and actually build the teams instead of complaining about everything that is "OP". People invest a lot of resources into these teams specifically for the raids.
  • Zaraos
    771 posts Member
    Options
    Hiya!

Please read my inbox about how this is a ridiculous idea (You dont need to reply, i understand your very busy)

Thanks
  • crzydroid
    7297 posts Moderator
    Options
    Hiya!

I hope you are just trolling this guy back.
  • Xetal
    218 posts Member
    Options
    He should be immune to debuffs, too.

After all, look how buff the Rancor is. His arms are as big around as an elephant. There is no way to "de-buff" something that buff.
  • tj5270
    177 posts Member
    Options
    Xetal wrote: »
    He should be immune to debuffs, too.

After all, look how buff the Rancor is. His arms are as big around as an elephant. There is no way to "de-buff" something that buff.

+2... one for each arm
  • Lugo
    417 posts Member
    Options
    Hiya!

Leave 1-H of Rancor alone. Make a legendary Mode where Rancor is immune to TMR. Add a new toon to it and higher amount of parts dropped.
  • Options
    Mouth vomit
    | ANZGC | Exile |
  • Options
    Well, blame Lucas, because he allowed Luke to solo Rancor.
    But seriously, when I already through I've seen all kinds of bad ideas someone pops up to prove me I'm wrong.
  • js4
    129 posts Member
    Options
    I can't believe you guys are so opposed to this idea. There's no reason to reward people who are doing massive damage and even soloing the rancor because of mechanics that weren't intended for a game mode that is supposed to be a collective effort.
  • Zaraos
    771 posts Member
    Options
    js4 wrote: »
    I can't believe you guys are so opposed to this idea. There's no reason to reward people who are doing massive damage and even soloing the rancor because of mechanics that weren't intended for a game mode that is supposed to be a collective effort.

You obviously haven't invested any time into building a TM reduction squad for the pit and feel the urge to cry about it. TM Reduction is and always has been the tactic for the pit, maybe actually build one of the teams instead of making Nerf threads about mechanics in the game that are perfectly fine, just because you have no access to team, doesn't mean it should be taken away from everyone else who has put effort into building specific pit team so you can gain a few places on your guilds scoreboard for little to no effort put in...
  • js4
    129 posts Member
    Options
    Zaraos wrote: »
    You obviously haven't invested any time into building a TM reduction squad for the pit and feel the urge to cry about it.

Have a zader squad that can full auto the pigs and with RNG luck could probably still solo the whole raid (i choose to auto instead)

• tj5270
    177 posts Member
    Options
    js4 wrote: »

So all fun and kidding aside. While the idea you have tries to rework the pit, I would agree that the idea would be to add another level of difficulty, and then remove that option, not to rework the current raid.

The mechanics in the raid are just fine, but I would rather see time invested in either fixing some other bugs in the game, or to add additional content (even reworked items like the pit as an additional tier with improved rewards)