Can we have an ETA or official word on the "Nihilus CI /Tenacity up" bug fix?

Prev1
Durango
113 posts Member
Ok, so as everybody is probably aware by now, Nihilus Cooldown Increase effect is bypassing tenacity up. CG_Kozispoon have already stated that this is not consistent with the rest of the game and that have been flagged as a bug:
https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/990855/#Comment_990855
https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/1037471/#Comment_1037471

While I really don't want to make tenacity up an even more uberbuff that it is right now, I was wondering if maybe, we could have an ETA on that bug fix. (That said, we also need a way to counter the triple cleanse/tenacity up poison, but that's another story).

Since CG seems suddenly awfully prompt to defend consistency in the game (*ahem*), I really would like to have an official update on this one. That might influence my future plans (which character to invest in, which mods to equip, and so on).

Thanks a lot.

Replies

• Yeah, poor chaze need a boost: I'm losing some battles on auto these days due to this insane bug
  • The0n3
    984 posts Member
    I don't use Nihilus, but i thought this was WAI... I'm surprised Kozi answered as if it's a bug though... It would only make my Jedi even better agains't him, so i wouldn't complain lol
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    But isn't it not just because its 50% chance? How does tenacity up effect that? I don't understand...

When I use it against someone with tenacity up it isn't 100% chance
  • Just stop
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Investigation is not confirmation
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Durango
    113 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    RAYRAY wrote: »
    Investigation is not confirmation

It has been flagged as a bug, though.
    Hiya!
    Looks like @Xioborg found my quote- and is correct! This has been flagged as a bug.

I understand that being flag isn't equal to "being currently fixed / worked on", hence my thread to ask for an ETA or at least an official word.
    AndrewIss wrote: »
    Yeah, poor chaze need a boost: I'm losing some battles on auto these days due to this insane bug
    Yes, really that's another big balance problem, but I'd rather have a clear statement. Also, most comp that run Rex and Chaze also run DN so that would hurt them just as much.
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    edited May 2017
    Hiya!
    This issue has been flagged as a bug and should be slated for release in a future update
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • GuyfromSyracuse
    993 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Hiya!
    This issue has been flagged as a bug and should be slated for release in a future update

Why is it a bug? It's not applying a debuff, tenacity up ensures that it's a 50% chance? Tenacity up prevents debuffs from being applied which would keep this at 50% and purely a RNG effect that has 100% chance with a debuff applied (which tenacity up has already prevented).

But I digress...its about time Rex got a fair shake....this is why we can't have nice things...
  • Xetal
    218 posts Member
    CG_Kozispoon wrote: »
    Hiya!
    This does not appear to be a bug. Tenacity Up always resists negative status effects but Darth Nihilus does not apply any effect, he just increases their cooldowns by 1 as intended.
  • Xetal
    218 posts Member
    So uh... what is the intended interaction between tenacity (or tenacity up, specifically) and this ability?

Is there supposed to be a resist check with it, or is there not supposed to be a resist check?
  • This is not a bug.
    It is "a new and not yet seen mechanic in the game". If it is fixed it is nothing but an ab, there is absolutely no reason to fix anything but the description.
    Ten up is the only effect in game that overwrites every other effect and lasts rounds *100% guaranteed*, I fully agree it is a uber buff and should be nerfed instead. Imagine buff immunity would work like that, maul's daze worked half that (applying to 90% of opposing team) until recently and was cried about and nerfed.
    Please, please stop this mad biased nerf DS crying when every1 knows what the meta looks like now.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    vilvlugt wrote: »
    This is not a bug.
    It is "a new and not yet seen mechanic in the game". If it is fixed it is nothing but an ab, there is absolutely no reason to fix anything but the description.
    Ten up is the only effect in game that overwrites every other effect and lasts rounds *100% guaranteed*, I fully agree it is a uber buff and should be nerfed instead. Imagine buff immunity would work like that, maul's daze worked half that (applying to 90% of opposing team) until recently and was cried about and nerfed.
    Please, please stop this mad biased nerf DS crying when every1 knows what the meta looks like now.

The mechanic itself is broken because it has no check before it is applied.

DN's ability that uses it has an RNG check, but that's not the point. No other negative effect has no check it must go through to be successful.

Tenacity Up doesn't overwrite any effects other than (to my understanding) Tenacity Down... and Tenacity Down can overwrite it. Dengar could potentially nullfiy tenacity up with out needing a buff wipe for instance.

It also doesn't guarantee the character isn't debuffed. simply that they can't receive more debuffs (other than tenacity down), it's Rex's Squad Discipline combining it with a cleanse that makes it seem that way.

Tenacity is the stat that is used to determine resisting all other negative effects, it only makes sense to have it apply to this as well.

Even going through a check, it will still be more effective than Ability Block because Ability Block can be cleansed even if it isn't resisted whereas this has a permanent effect once it has been applied.
  • vilvlugt
    76 posts Member
    He. Drained. Planets. Don't give me the rational class here.
  • This isn't a debuff or a negative status effect.
    That's what Tenacity up is good for resisting.
    50% MEAN 50%
    100% MEANS 100%
  • starplatinum
    169 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    So people kept on complaining and nihilus cooldown increase, which works just fine as per the description, has finally been flagged as a bug? Seriously I don't see the possible confustion with "50% chance doubled". Plus I'm sure most of us are aware of the tenacity check with the minimum 15% chance resist... 2x50 = 85??
    How about simply considering a green icon above the toon a buff and a red icon a debuff?
    Post edited by starplatinum on
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Yes, make Nihilus worthless
    If you're going to make it tenacity countable, then at least make the attack unavoidable, can't count the times it has been dodged
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Apparently, not a single person above read the prior arguments on why it's even being looked at. Hint: Go to the first link in OP post and then scroll up.
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Dretzle
    716 posts Member
    This was "flagged as a bug", and I quote "to see what we can see". That is, they said they'll look at it, not that they definitely agree it is a bug and will be changed.

Personally, if TMR bypasses tenacity up, I think so should cooldown increase. You are not inflicting a debuff.
  • Supercat
    3250 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Apparently, not a single person above read the prior arguments on why it's even being looked at. Hint: Go to the first link in OP post and then scroll up.

The descrepency between Ewoks and nihilis?
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    To reiterate for those who say things like: "Nihilus is fine"

IT IS NOT ABOUT NIHILUS. It is about the MECHANIC ITSELF.

It is broken BECAUSE there is no check for it.

Nihilus's ability gets a chance to be dodged because it deals damage. The cooldown increase doesn't have 100% chance to proc without debuffs, Nihilus's ability is balanced.

But that's IRRELEVANT because NO NEGATIVE EFFECT in this game should work without ANY SORT OF CHECK, and cooldown increases currently do not have one.

Regardless of how it will effect Nihilus, the mechanic itself is broken as it can neither be evaded, resisted, nor undone. That's broken. Nihilus's ability can be evaded because it deals damage (just like all other negative effects tied to damage), but negative effects that don't deal damage can't be, and they WILL come out with someone else with a CD increase that doesn't deal damage.

This mechanic is just flat out broken and needs to be fixed.
  • Theophany
    865 posts Member
    Woodroward wrote: »
    To reiterate for those who say things like: "Nihilus is fine"

IT IS NOT ABOUT NIHILUS. It is about the MECHANIC ITSELF.

It is broken BECAUSE there is no check for it.

Nihilus's ability gets a chance to be dodged because it deals damage. The cooldown increase doesn't have 100% chance to proc without debuffs, Nihilus's ability is balanced.

But that's IRRELEVANT because NO NEGATIVE EFFECT in this game should work without ANY SORT OF CHECK, and cooldown increases currently do not have one.

Regardless of how it will effect Nihilus, the mechanic itself is broken as it can neither be evaded, resisted, nor undone. That's broken. Nihilus's ability can be evaded because it deals damage (just like all other negative effects tied to damage), but negative effects that don't deal damage can't be, and they WILL come out with someone else with a CD increase that doesn't deal damage.

This mechanic is just flat out broken and needs to be fixed.

Glad somebody understands that it's the mechanic that needs to be addressed
    Some of the brightest ideas are the hardest to see
  • Ronoaldo
    739 posts Member
    I seriously see that with this change, two characters that currently has close to this sole purpose will be simply thrown to oblivion. This change is a clear drop over any compositions that currently can work without Rex/Yoda and this change will make them void.

I hope that this is not fixed in the sense to be resisted because if it does, Nihilus will no longer have a place in this galaxy, neither will Dearhtrooper.
    My favorite characters Empire - Sith
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    Ronoaldo wrote: »
    I seriously see that with this change, two characters that currently has close to this sole purpose will be simply thrown to oblivion. This change is a clear drop over any compositions that currently can work without Rex/Yoda and this change will make them void.

I hope that this is not fixed in the sense to be resisted because if it does, Nihilus will no longer have a place in this galaxy, neither will Dearhtrooper.

As Kozi stated in this thread, it has been flagged as a bug and will be released in a future update. I assume they will tweak the abilities of characters that use this mechanic at that time, but it is absolutely a necessary fix.
  • Hiho,

in my opinion, the Buff "Tenacity Up" prevents of negative status effects on a character, like damage over time, healblock, shock, daze or other through red icons singed effects.

Darth Nihilus "Forth Drain" is an ability with a calculated chance to increase a cooldown of a ability from the opponent. For me, it has nothing to do with a debuff.

If there will be a change to this ability through making a "Tenacity-Buff"-Check, then this would be a changing of Darth Nihilus ability, which is not intended from the developers.

To increase the cooldown, has a negative result, right, but it is not a debuff, which prevent "Tenacity Up" for and of course, damage is also a negative result, but not a debuff. "Tenacity Up" don't prevent of taken damage, right?!

So, "Tenacity Up" prevents and negates of all signed debuff effects, but it is not a godlike mechanic, that prevents from other abilitys, which the developers bring for example new to the game.

So, developers, if you check it as a bug, please make it fast and delete it from the fixing list or correct the tooltip, that "Tenacity Up" don't prevent to take effect of the 50% chance.

Thanks

p.s. Sorry for my english. I am from Europe.

• Vice_torn
    599 posts Member
    The issue is: Should DN's Force Drain have a Tenacity check.

Currently it doesn't... This is why tenacity UP does not stop it. Am I wrong about this? Is it possible to resist Force Drain???

Tenacity UP does not stop Vader's Ability Block on Jedi for the same reason.

If the affect is made resistible then that would be a BIG nerf. Currently DN is a very popular char according to the Meta Reports... actually the most popular. With some players investing 2 sets of Zeta's in him. If his special starts being resisted, then he becomes much less attractive. Especially in defense.

IMO the current setup is that it is not resistible. The issue is a Typo that it is not included in the description.
  • Go look at the mechanics page for the ability. it is not an effect. it is under the category RECOVERY for both himself and the enemy. its not a bug. if they nerf they better give us all refunds.
  • Supercat
    3250 posts Member
    @Everyone who thinks it's not bugged.

How is TMR not bugged?
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • TMR is currently bugged because it has a pot/ten check. again if you look at the actual code mechanics, its not an effect. its recovery.
  • Durango
    113 posts Member
    Hiya!

Thanks for the answer, I appreciate the clarity. Even though I'm not sure it's good balance-wise, it's still consistent with the game mechanics and I think it's nice to have a clear answer.

To all people saying "Tenacity up only prevent negative status effect, increase cooldown is not a status effect so it's not a bug", then we have a huge problem with Turn-Meter reduction that is also prevented by tenacity up (unless it can't be resited for some reason, such as Vader leadership)
    Dretzle wrote: »
    This was "flagged as a bug", and I quote "to see what we can see". That is, they said they'll look at it, not that they definitely agree it is a bug and will be changed.

Personally, if TMR bypasses tenacity up, I think so should cooldown increase. You are not inflicting a debuff.
    1) You might want to read other dev intervention.
    2) TMR does NOT bypass tenacity up. Tenacity up DO stop TMR, unless the TMR is explicitly annotated as non-resistible.

Either change TMR or change Cooldon increase but one having a tenacity check and the other not having it is weird as heck.

• Crinsom
    28 posts Member
    TMR is currently bugged because it has a pot/ten check. again if you look at the actual code mechanics, its not an effect. its recovery.

bro it isnt a bug, before rancor got released, tmr didnt have a potency/tenacity check. it worked how drain force currently works. just the rng check. Then EA/CG changed it for rancor or something so it would be harder to tm lock without enough potency.

now, because they did that, they need to now be consistent as to whether DNs drain force is WAI, and they have to either make drain force go through the same ten/pot check that tmr does, or make tmr ignore the ten/pot check too, which would also buff zader in a way.