Why do I have to convert all the excess shards into currency?

I was planning to save 150ish excess shards for those chromium exclusive characters. Please tell me you'll never raise the star cap to 8... I don't feel like pulling tons of chromium cards for the 8*, while I should have saved all the shards needed.

@EA_Jesse

Replies

• Options
    The currency is what you'll use to purchase the exclusive character, so no there is no reason you wouldn't want it to convert.
    Community Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes | Follow me on Twitter - Darokaz
  • Options
    EA_Jesse wrote: »
    The currency is what you'll use to purchase the exclusive character, so no there is no reason you wouldn't want it to convert.

My question is, do you have any plan to raise the star cap to 8 in the future? Say I have 200 excess Leia shards, I could save them to make my Leia to 8* at that time. If all the excess shards are forced to convert now, I'll have to pull chromium cards again since there is nowhere else to farm her shards.

@EA_Jesse
  • Options
    There are no plans to raise star levels past 7 for this very reason.
    Community Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes | Follow me on Twitter - Darokaz
  • Options

Thank you for clarification.
  • Quicksilver
    1175 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Jesse, is the shard shop exclusive character going to need to be unlocked 2 shards a day? that will take forever to get him/her to 7*!! i'd rather they just cost like 10K shard credits or something :)

im happy to hear 8* isnt going to be happening, now I feel better about trading in all my extra shards. Its better to just release new characters then to raise the limit to 8*
  • Options

Excellent news! I always worry about this in similar games!
  • Options
    Jesse, is the shard shop exclusive character going to need to be unlocked 2 shards a day? that will take forever to get him/her to 7*!! i'd rather they just cost like 10K shard credits or something :)

im happy to hear 8* isnt going to be happening, now I feel better about trading in all my extra shards. Its better to just release new characters then to raise the limit to 8*

My shard shop shows 4h 18m left for the refresh so I believe you can purchase multiple times per day
  • Options
    Even IF they did raise the star level cap, you're giving the option to convert your extra shards. It's not automatic
  • Options

My shard shop shows 4h 18m left for the refresh so I believe you can purchase multiple times per day

When do the rest of yours reset! Mine shows a 12 hour reset ( 4am east coast USA) on shard shop and 4 hour reset on the rest (midnight east coast USA). So I'm guessing it will reset at 4am every day. Doesn't mean it will allow multiple refreshes.
  • Options
    Even IF they did raise the star level cap, you're giving the option to convert your extra shards. It's not automatic

Convert all or convert none, I don't call it an option. Well since we got the confirmation that they won't raise the star level cap, it's not a problem any more.
  • Options
    I would say the new shard shop makes it obvious that they will never raise the star cap to 8. I don't see why anyone would want them too, anyway. It would just multiply the grind.
  • Options
    Mittens wrote: »

When do the rest of yours reset! Mine shows a 12 hour reset ( 4am east coast USA) on shard shop and 4 hour reset on the rest (midnight east coast USA). So I'm guessing it will reset at 4am every day. Doesn't mean it will allow multiple refreshes.

mine says its resetting in 14 hours, so that would be 4AM in my timezone
  • Options
    Puglio wrote: »
    I would say the new shard shop makes it obvious that they will never raise the star cap to 8. I don't see why anyone would want them too, anyway. It would just multiply the grind.

Never underestimate the greed of game companies. Fortunately EA is way better than them.
  • Karma_Lotus
    158 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Mittens wrote: »

I got confused. Do you actually see two reset times? This is what I see in my shard shop. There seems to be only one reset time. It's 4 pm EST here.

imgur.com/jy5xrZe

• Options

Jesse,

The shard shop says you get tokens the more 7* heroes you have, does this mean the current 1:15 I am getting from my 4 Luminara shards will increase if I get another half dozen 7* heroes?