Would you buy one 8x chromium pack for $200?

r2steve2
189 posts Member
edited February 2016
I'm guessing not. I wouldn't. But that's effectively the cost for all those extra shards you get from chromiums that you don't need and don't want, since the shard shop exchange rate is 10:1 and 8x chromiums cost ~$20 each.

Would be fine if these were just shards that were sitting around that I'd earned through the game (e.g., extra shards from GW completion). But these are shards I paid for. The exchange rate (and lack of utility) of the shard shop is flat out insulting to your paying customers, @EA_Jesse @CG_JohnSalera

If you had given a decent exchange rate and made the shard shop useful, I would have gladly spent more on packs. Or if you stopped letting us get shards from 7* characters in bought packs. Either would be fine.

But you did neither, so I don't expect I'll be buying packs any more (and I'm in your top 1% of customers, undoubtedly). Consider me one very disappointed and irate customer.

I can't believe you actually hyped this feature before the update if you knew you were going to deliver such a dud.
Hodor
Post edited by r2steve2 on

Replies

• EM650
    1120 posts Member
    Options
    Well, the P2W did want an exclusive toon and now they will get it in the Shard shop.
  • Options
    That's assuming you get only shards you already have at 7*. If you get shards for characters you have at 4*, the shard shop did nothing for that pull
  • Options
    Mittens wrote: »
    That's assuming you get only shards you already have at 7*. If you get shards for characters you have at 4*, the shard shop did nothing for that pull
    So you're punishing your best customers that have a number of 7* toons. Makes sense.

Hodor
  • Options
    Main difference is you get to pick the shards in the shop. Vs chromium which you are much more likely to get duds vs what you want.
  • Options
    The price of chromium cards and node farming did not go up. All this did was ensure getting excess shards was not a total waste of time and money. You aren't supposed to use it for building up your roster.

If you feel like your excess shards should be worth more, that's a valid opinion. But don't act like this is somehow a bad deal for the consumer. Previously, the deal was pay money and get nothing.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    There's an exclusive toon being released to the shard shop later this month. When you're rocking it out at 7* before 99% of the player base make sure you bump this post to remind us of the unnecessary crying.
  • Options
    Puglio wrote: »
    The price of chromium cards and node farming did not go up. All this did was ensure getting excess shards was not a total waste of time and money. You aren't supposed to use it for building up your roster.

If you feel like your excess shards should be worth more, that's a valid opinion. But don't act like this is somehow a bad deal for the consumer. Previously, the deal was pay money and get nothing.
    Yes, it was a bad deal for the consumer before. Their response was they were fixing it. This was their attempt at a fix. It's insulting, and still a bad deal.
    Hodor
  • oTradeMark
    393 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I don't think you guys understand the point he is making. CG considers the value of an Old Ben shard or any shard for that matter the same value as a Lumi or Sidious shard...

Or even outside of chromium exclusive shards, look how difficult Rey or FOTP is to 7*. The time/resource/money investment for some shards far exceeds the time/resource investment of others, hence all shards do not have the same value and should not be converted equally.

For players who have spent hundreds if not thousands of dollars on the game, this is a slap in the face. Especially when this shard shop was supposed to have been put in place for big spenders in the first place.

Some players have over 50,000 shard shop coins... **** are they going to use that on? The shop only refreshes once per day, even if they add an exclusive character it's going to take 166+ days to even spend their extra shard currency.

They shouldn't hype up a feature which is put in place for spenders and then make it entirely worthless for them...

Refunds incoming in 5... 4... 3...
    GamingUpgrade.com - Gaming Guides | oTradeMark - YouTube Channel | Team iNstinct - Guild
  • Baal
    602 posts Member
    Options
    r2steve2 wrote: »
    I'm guessing not. I wouldn't. But that's effectively the cost for all those extra shards you get from chromiums that you don't need and don't want, since the shard shop exchange rate is 10:1 and 8x chromiums cost ~$20 each.

Would be fine if these were just shards that were sitting around that I'd earned through the game (e.g., extra shards from GW completion). But these are shards I paid for. The exchange rate (and lack of utility) of the shard shop is flat out insulting to your paying customers, @EA_Jesse @CG_JohnSalera

If you had given a decent exchange rate and made the shard shop useful, I would have gladly spent more on packs. Or if you stopped letting us get shards from 7* characters in bought packs. Either would be fine.

But you did neither, so I don't expect I'll be buying packs any more (and I'm in your top 1% of customers, undoubtedly). Consider me one very disappointed and irate customer.

I can't believe you actually hyped this feature before the update if you knew you were going to deliver such a dud.

Lolz
  • Options
    Telaan wrote: »
    There's an exclusive toon being released to the shard shop later this month. When you're rocking it out at 7* before 99% of the player base make sure you bump this post to remind us of the unnecessary crying.

Unless the exchange rate and available daily purchases for that character are drastically different, I couldn't care less. The time and cost it will take to get that character will make it almost certain to be useless for the next 3+ months.

If that toon does have much better rate, they should have just waited till it was available to launch this thing, rather than saddling us with this **** and trying to pretend it's something worthwhile.
    Hodor
  • Options
    I already have *cough* twice *cough*

But after seeing the exchange rate for post 7* characters is only 10:1, nope. I won't be getting any more. That's OK though, I've sunk enough money into this game already.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Telaan wrote: »

Unless the exchange rate and available daily purchases for that character are drastically different, I couldn't care less. The time and cost it will take to get that character will make it almost certain to be useless for the next 3+ months.

If that toon does have much better rate, they should have just waited till it was available to launch this thing, rather than saddling us with this **** and trying to pretend it's something worthwhile.

So? You'll still have it before 99% of the player base. I'm sure they'll be adding numerous new toons over the course of time. It's not that I don't understand where you're coming from, I'm in the top 1% too. But seriously this is big time jumping the gun. Even with the shard shop it wouldn't be worth purchasing chromium for the extra shards. The toon to shard conversation rate and number of shards you get it atrocious.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    oTradeMark wrote: »
    I don't think you guys understand the point he is making. CG considers the value of an Old Ben shard or any shard for that matter the same value as a Lumi or Sidious shard...

Or even outside of chromium exclusive shards, look how difficult Rey or FOTP is to 7*. The time/resource/money investment for some shards far exceeds the time/resource investment of others, hence all shards do not have the same value and should not be converted equally.

For players who have spent hundreds if not thousands of dollars on the game, this is a slap in the face. Especially when this shard shop was supposed to have been put in place for big spenders in the first place.

Some players have over 50,000 shard shop coins... **** are they going to use that on? The shop only refreshes once per day, even if they add an exclusive character it's going to take 166+ days to even spend their extra shard currency.

They shouldn't hype up a feature which is put in place for spenders and then make it entirely worthless for them...

CG/EA has made it abundantly clear that all shards hold the same value. Any other perception is pure bias.

Also refunds on what basis?
  • Options
    Puglio wrote: »

Yes, it was a bad deal for the consumer before. Their response was they were fixing it. This was their attempt at a fix. It's insulting, and still a bad deal.

+1 lost support here had waited for this to help us not punishes us that support the game.

Easy fix would be to
    oTradeMark wrote: »

+1
  • Mizo
    172 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    The extra shards were worthless so I'd be happy they now have value. 10 to 1 = cry I bet if it was 6 to 1 people would have accepted.