If you want to nerf something, nerf HAAT

Prev1
Juex777
968 posts Member
The difficulty of the HAAT has been disproportionate with the any other aspect of the game. Still the success rate is very low for most guilds, causing many guilds to suffer setback after setback. Many players leave their guilds to join guilds that can already complete the HAAT.

GK is a great character, but with power creep there are now many other equally great characters now that don't cause you to sell your comrades out after months and months of working together developing in game relationships.

Is been a year since it's introduction. Many people have built long term strategies around zylos ability for example with out ever even a peep from ea that they have an issue with it. Only now after another character synergy that is a little ridiculously op and can auto solo phase 2 and 4 has this longtime, non auto solo toon been brought up as a possible concern by ea.

Many people who have gotten GK used this strategy to be able to focus on other phases of the HAAT. Should all of their GK's also be revoked?

My proposal is to release new content that is the next bottleneck, the next herculean challenge and actually nerf the HAAT to a more reasonable difficulty level. It would preserve guild health and give a more reasonable demographic of high level players access to this now fairly standard high end character, that everyone has been breaking up their healthy in game relationships for months to attain.

Replies

• Zipped
    105 posts Member
    Release new content but don't nerf HAAT

It's weak enough as is truly you only need a working guild that can do 2% per phase and you're good... It's not hard.

Once you start doing it you will notice just how easy it is, good luck.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Did you read their response? Its supposed to be hard. People are always complaining about the lack of end of game content so they gave it to us.
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member
    It's breaking up guilds
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    It already set ours back months.... Top players merged with another guild. I've been offered to join a guild that smashes it.... Hence further setbacks to our guild should I accept. The percentage of guilds that beat it hadn't increased in a long time. People just move on..... Now they're taking about making it harder.

More guild destruction.
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member
    A new game mode is almost upon us. New content.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Juex777 wrote: »
    The percentage of guilds that beat it hadn't increased in a long time.

I'd love to see where you're getting the data to support this claim.
  • Chaac_Maul
    166 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Zipped wrote: »

It's weak enough as is truly you only need a working guild with lot of whales that can do 2% per phase and you're good... It's not hard when your guild is P2P.

There I fixed it for you.
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member
    Personal experience with setbacks..... Reddit. It's everywhere
  • Belfazar
    586 posts Member
    Im on the fence about this. After the naat raid adjustment my guild went from completing the raid every 3 weeks( post nerf) to less than 48 hrs, or 1 to 2 refreshes. The haat is still far out of reach for my guild and i like having a target but the lobger it takes our guild to get haat ready the more likely we will never get there as our general memebrs flea. Id like a possible slight reduction in difficulty to deal with the constant reduction of time tested (or ingenious strategies) that we have been focusing to build up to it.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Exactly. No data. Idk why they were comparing the tank raid to the rancor raid. They're supposed to be very different in difficulty
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    You seriously haven't been aware of the damage caused to guilds for months? I can leave my guild anytime and go grab some GK shards. I know a level 71 player who's doing it. Point is I shouldn't have to. A Zylo nerf would do a lot of damage to guilds all over again.
  • Zipped
    105 posts Member
    Chaac_Maul wrote: »

It's weak enough as is truly you only need a working guild with lot of whales that can do 2% per phase and you're good... It's not hard when your guild is P2P.

I've seen FTP guilds complete it as well... Guess you're just a terrible player.
  • Chaac_Maul wrote: »

This is exactly correct
  • Zipped wrote: »

I've seen FTP guilds complete it as well... Guess you're just a terrible player.

Lol, yeah you caught me. You Won
  • Zipped
    105 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Edit as message messed up
  • Athena
    59 posts Member
    What they need to do is add a level 2 aat between naat and haat. After they nerfed normal there is no easy progression from stage 1 to stage 2. Unlike rancor where you can understand your progress and advance normally, aat jumps insanely.

Instead of nerfing haat add a middle tier step that drops maybe 2-4 gk shards, no refreshes and a 2 day timer. People can still work towards both gk and haat while not feeling like it's pointless
  • A possible solution is offering Kenobi shards in normal. Instead of 6-10 shards. Offer 1-5 so people in weaker guilds wont be compelled to abandon their guilds for a character that helps them in arena. The raid has bren out for 8 months. Tbose who could get Kenobi already have him. With the power creep coming on, it might be a morale boost for those guilds.
  • Zipped
    105 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    The mobile version of this site isn't nice
    Barmuka_1 wrote: »

It's weak enough as is truly you only need a working guild with lot of whales that can do 2% per phase and you're good... It's not hard when your guild is P

Lol, yeah you caught me. You Won

It's not about winning its about you guys always whining and comparing it to rancor .

Rancor you need 1 player with 1 team to win on heroic.

HAAT is build for a guild to work together that's what none of you seem to get you just work on your own characters and don't give your team direction.

There are plenty of FTP guilds in the strategy section that have had it on farm a long while.

Alternatively I've got plenty of FTP in my guild that score top marks on the raid (plenty of whales too)

Go join a heroic tank for a single raid and learn how to do it mate you'll soon see you don't need that much to down it just communication with your guild
    Post edited by Mageduckey on

Is there really a need for that?
  • @Zipped I love all your responses. They are full false assumptions and expectations. Please, do keep them coming.
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member
    edited May 2017

Wow! I'm a terrible player for not wanting to abandon my guild. After they already had a tremendous setback a few months ago with guilds merging MY GUILD ALMOST COLLAPSED entirely. This is a real, deviating hit on in game relationships! I've been offered to leave my guild and start earning GK shards immediately.

P. S. I get 1st often in my shard in arena...... Yes I must just be terrible at this.

What is wrong with you?
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member
    Athena wrote: »
    What they need to do is add a level 2 aat between naat and haat. After they nerfed normal there is no easy progression from stage 1 to stage 2. Unlike rancor where you can understand your progress and advance normally, aat jumps insanely.

Instead of nerfing haat add a middle tier step that drops maybe 2-4 gk shards, no refreshes and a 2 day timer. People can still work towards both gk and haat while not feeling like it's pointless

Sounds reasonable

Only for very long term FTP. I have been playing FTP for over 8 months now, consistently ranking well up in the top five of arena, and even with those crystals to get me good mods and high level gear I'm not sure if 50 of my account could beat the HAAT without spending a mountains of credits swapping mods.

For FTP players, every single toon raised from gear 8 to gear 11 is a months long process unless you can rank well in the arena, in which case that also has to be the focus of your high level gear, even if the toons it is going on are not 7*.
  • Zipped
    105 posts Member

Wow! I'm a terrible player for not wanting to abandon my guild. After they already had a tremendous setback a few months ago with guilds merging MY GUILD ALMOST COLLAPSED entirely. This is a real, deviating hit on in game relationships! I've been offered to leave my guild and start earning GK shards immediately.

P. S. I get 1st often in my shard in arena...... Yes I must just be terrible at this.

What is wrong with you?

1st in arena means nothing.

I suggest you start working on HAAT teams then instead of coming to the forums complaining no one can beat it when in reality only a handful of small half empty guilds or guilds with relatively new members can't beat it.

Nothing wrong with me... I've got my GK lol
  • Zipped
    105 posts Member
    @Zipped I love all your responses. They are full false assumptions and expectations. Please, do keep them coming.

Thank you :) you're not as fun to wind up, you don't bite as much as I'd like
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member
    **** wrote: »
    Seriously? The haat is fine. People need to concentrate on building haat teams like clones , chirpatine and resistance - all easy to do within a few months. If you're guild isn't working on haat teams, then you're in the wrong guild.

Or people aren't constantly leaving to go somewhere to get shards now. Which they are
  • Ladas
    26 posts Member
    What if 50% of the raid tokens are returned on a failed HAAT attempt?
  • DarthTaral
    362 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Goodhelmet wrote: »
    A possible solution is offering Kenobi shards in normal. Instead of 6-10 shards. Offer 1-5 so people in weaker guilds wont be compelled to abandon their guilds for a character that helps them in arena. The raid has bren out for 8 months. Tbose who could get Kenobi already have him. With the power creep coming on, it might be a morale boost for those guilds.

I agree add GK shards to the NAAT. That would at least slow down guild implosion in my opinion.