5/23/2017 Update *MEGATHREAD*

Prev13456731
Kozispoon
3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
edited June 2017
New units: Fulcrum Ahsoka
Daily login for June: Grand Moff Tarkin. For more information on his Empire faction pass, please see more below!
Happy 40th Anniversary!
Celebrate the 40th Anniversary of Star Wars: A New Hope with Double Drops! These events only last 24 hours, so be sure to make your way throughout the Cantina. For more information, please see the schedule when double drops are going to…well DROP below!
  • 5-25 - Light Side (Normal and Hard) Nodes
  • 5-26 - Dark Side (Normal and Hard) Nodes
  • 5-27 - Galactic War, Mod Battles, and Mod Challenges Nodes
  • 5-28 - Cantina Nodes
  • 5-29 - Light Side (Normal and Hard), Dark Side (Normal and Hard), Galactic War, Mod Battles, Mod Challenges, and Cantina Nodes
40th Anniversary gift
You’ve all been waiting and it’s finally begun. It’s time to prepare for the Hero's Journey! Use these gifts to help Luke prepare for his Hero's Journey as he embarks on the path to become a member of the forgotten Jedi Order.
  • Luke Shards
  • 1,000,000 Credits
  • 36 MK I Ability Mats
  • 27 MK II Ability Mats
  • 12 MK III Ability Mats
  • 5 Omega Ability Mats
  • 15 Tier 4 XP Droids
Where is this journey leading? And what’s in store? We’ll find out more in August.

EMPIRE FACTION PASS- Grand Moff Tarkin
Plenty of community sleuths called it, but for those still wondering, we can confirm that Grand Moff Tarkin has arrived to close our Empire rework series by receiving a devastating faction pass! Head your Squad with Tarkin's leader ability Tighten The Grip, which now adds Defense Down on enemies that go below 100% health on an EMPIRE characters turn. Each Basic attack now increases his Potency, while Ultimate Firepower now does additional damage based on Potency, allowing you to set up a devastating attack. This is complimented by his Special ability, Intimidation Tactics, which temporarily grants himself a 50% Potency up buff. Lastly, Tarkin's ability arsenal is rounded out with Callous Conviction, gaining defense equal to his Potency!
Revisit the Galactic Empires unyielding commander of the Death Star and add him to your Squad today!
NEW! Trouble on Tatooine Flash Event
May sees the introduction of a new type of event- Flash Events! Unlike other events, Flash Events only last one to four hours in each instance and repeat several times a day, so be sure to catch them when they launch! Flash Events difficulty and rewards are based off your account level. All initial runs of a Flash Event have more generous rewards, so be sure to participate early and often!
Our first Flash Event Begins MAY 25th and takes you to the harsh desert planet of Tatooine. This lawless world holds many dangers and mysteries, especially for moisture farmers. To participate in this multi-tiered event, task Luke Skywalker with inspecting the perimeter of the farm as you join forces with Jawas to square off against marauding Tusken Raiders.

Code Name- Fulcrum Event
Join forces with AHSOKA TANO (FULCRUM) and battle the Empire in the newest Marquee event! Maneuver through various locations on Lothal, battling the Empires multiple waves of Troopers as you familiarize yourself with her abilities.
This adventure ends within the Malachor temple, facing the Fulcrum agent’s former master. Do you have what it takes to lead Fulcrum Ahsoka to her destiny?
  • Starts: June 2nd
  • Ends: June 6th
  • Open Squad
Code Name: Fulcrum Pack
Level up your Ahsoka Tahno (Fulcrum) by purchasing this new limited time pack! Each pack guarantees at least 5 shards for Ahsoka Tano (Fulcrum), with a chance to get up to 330 SHARDS!
Code Name: Fulcrum Bundle
Power up Ahsoka Tano (Fulcrum) with a Code Name: Fulcrum Bundle! Pack contents include:
  • 25 Character Shards: Ahsoka Tano (Fulcrum)
  • Credits
  • XP Droids
  • Ability Mats
Imperial High Command Bundle
GRAND MOFF TARKIN has received one of the most epic faction passes yet with a brand new ability and two Zetas. Power him up today with this limited time bundle and unleash your fury! Pack Contents include:
  • 80 Character Shards: Grand Moff Tarkin
  • Credits
  • XP Droids
  • Ability Mats
Phoenix Squadron in Chromium and Fleet Packs
Rejoice! Your Phoenix Squadron favs from Star Wars Rebels season 3 are now available in the Chromium Packs! Additionally, GHOST and PHANTOM II can be attained via Fleet Packs. Add the Phoenix Squadron and their Ships to your collection today!

Mod Drop Rates and Shard Conversions
Our Heroes journey begins, and with it comes a celebratory change! Going forward, the drop rate for Mods has been increased on Mod Challenges and Mod Battles nodes.
Additionally, we have adjusted duplicate character shard yield rates in Chromium packs to the following:
  • 1 star character: 10 shards
  • 2 star character: 25 shards
  • 3 star character: 50 shards
  • 4 star character: 80 shards
  • 5 star character: 145 shards
New Shards new nodes
The Ewok Scout has been added to Dark Side 9-B Hard
EA Play to Give
Games permeate all areas of our lives today – across multiple devices and platforms, and reach players of all ages and genders around the world. With millions of hours spent in play every day, games are a powerful platform for positive, inclusive connections. That is why EA is partnering with several charities to give back to our player communities and support a more inclusive environment in video games.

Nute Gunray?
For more information regarding Nute Gunray, please refer to @CG_NotReallyAJedi dev Update <<HERE>>

BUGS
  • Grand Moff Tarkin: Tarkin's special "Intimidation Tactics" can no longer be evaded.
SHIPS
  • GHOST: Ghost's "Sensor Scrambler" will now reduce the correct amount of Potency on enemy ships
  • To go along with the updated kit for Grand Moff Tarkin, his Capital Ship Executrix has received a small update as well. The unique ability "Victory at all Costs" Reinforcement Bonus has been changed from Potency Up to Retribution to fit the theme of the Ship better and provide more value to your Fleet
What’s Ahead
Shrouded in secrecy, but worth the wait!

UPDATE: There will be an additional Hot fix going out tonight to correct a pesky asset (The Gauntlet Starfighters rather rosy thrusters!), so please plan your Holotable brouhaha accordingly!

Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
Post edited by Kozispoon on

Replies

• Title! Finally 100% drop rate! :D
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member
    What? You mean your did well on mod challengeone time?
  • No. Check the patch notes. Mod challenges and battles have 100% drop rate for mods now.
  • ArtooSW
    181 posts Member
    Juex777 wrote: »

No, the game just had an update which ensures you get a mod each time.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Juex777 wrote: »

No. The update - 100% drop rate on mid challenges and battles.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • I just bought a chromium pack to test the new dupe shard drop rates and I opened Cad Bane, w/ only 12 shards.
  • Temp or forever?
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    i don't get that either
  • Ahwang826 wrote: »
    Temp or forever?

Forever as far as the notes implied.
    "When the dust settles, the only thing living in this world will be metal."
  • You can still get 12 shards for a character. The dupe shards is if you pull the full character from the chromium.
  • Ahwang826 wrote: »
    Temp or forever?

What I want to know...
  • Lugo
    417 posts Member
    Lol thats one way to make everyone happy after nerfs. Also new events drop zetas
  • Before I Zeta Tarkin, I just want to put it out there that CG said Tarkin would give defense down to enemies. But as I am reading his leadership, it says he applies not only defense down, but expose as well. Has anyone zetad him? Does he really expose? Or is this another case of a typo leader ability where I will regret dumping resources into him once I realize he doesnt expose? Or is this even intended? So confused.
  • Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    Were is the link i don't see this
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    There is also an extra refresh for limited time, which is nice for anyone who refreshed before the update? Also all the gear looks bronze for some reason
  • Allenb60 wrote: »
    There is also an extra refresh for limited time, which is nice for anyone who refreshed before the update? Also all the gear looks bronze for some reason

Looks like the gear icons got art updates
  • So they change from 30% (which Is what I believed it was) to 100%? Sorry EA but you can't make such a change, it devalues MODS.
    Looking for 1 member with 3.5m+ GP roster to help in GEO TB; we are 185m guild who are 70-6 in TW.
  • RacerDejak
    3203 posts Member
    Just farm them as long as u can.. consistency is a VERY serious issue at this time. Do it before people whining demand about nerf mod drop rate.
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    So they change from 30% (which Is what I believed it was) to 100%? Sorry EA but you can't make such a change, it devalues MODS.

It was originally 100%, the value was already kind of inflated by that
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    So they change from 30% (which Is what I believed it was) to 100%? Sorry EA but you can't make such a change, it devalues MODS.
    They changed it BACK to what it originally was. Reducing the drop rate below 100% was a mistake to begin with. Now it may actually be worth farming mods from battles and challenges again instead of only from mod shipments.

Glad they finally fixed the mistake where they reduced the drop rate below 100%.
  • REM
    153 posts Member

Stop whining and enjoy the bonus rate for ****'s sake!
    Jesus **** ****!!
  • REM
    153 posts Member
    Yes he adds expose.
  • Fantastic change and great update overall.

Well done CG.
  • They look terrible. Almost washed out like a color is missing from them. Please put them back to what they were.
  • RacerDejak wrote: »
    Just farm them as long as u can.. consistency is a VERY serious issue at this time. Do it before people whining demand about nerf mod drop rate.

What I would like to know is when are 20 speed secondaries coming back. My besthroat secondary I believe is 15 I've got 2 14s. And for the fact I mod farmed for 3 months straight and only got a few speed arrows and some 10 secondaries I wasn't impressed
  • Hi,

I just saw that there is a new event coming to unlock Ahsoka Tano (Fulcrum). I try to find any information on what characters we can use in this event and I can't find anything. So, if I want to prepare, what do I need? Rebels? Phoenix squad? Something else?
  • SWEEEEET....this is huge. Dropped a +16 CD arrow on first runs.
  • Tatebomb
    797 posts Member
    Any squad will do I believe.
  • From the update is this shards of a new Luke character or more farmer Luke shards ?
  • From the update is this shards of a new Luke character or more farmer Luke shards ?
This discussion has been closed.