5/23/2017 Update *MEGATHREAD*

Replies

• BrtStlnd
    1094 posts Member
    Did everyone already receive the Luke shards? I haven't yet.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Syrath wrote: »
    My entire problem with this is that they acknowledge there is a massive gear crunch and for all players, those that are in the 70-85 range leveling up they need to gear Pilots, Arena teams, multiple Raid teams, Dark/Light characters for those nodes, not to mention farm and level mods to ensure we can compete. There is some over lap but we are in a credit and gear crunch, that they acknowledge and they want to help out with. So they create an event to do so and provide 48 hours notice.

But the event requires a **** character most people dont level or farm. So now the people that need the resources the event provides have to waste resources to have a chance at getting gear to help them advance. It makes no sense and is contrary to what TopHat or EAJesse said on GWR report that those that plan with their gear should be rewarded essentially.

It's poor form and **** job just like their fantastic empire pass they raved about. Point being you cant trust **** they say and it's fairly clear they dont really have a good feel for their community. All most all the people in their game changers and podcasts are Yes Men that do nothing but shin the knob instead of calling it like it is, GWR is a prime example of this.

Read it again and look at the rewards in the Luke flash event - the rewards are different.

The May 25 gift of luke shards, gear, credits and ability mats are free - Happy Birthday Star Wars!

40th Anniversary gift
    You’ve all been waiting and it’s finally begun. It’s time to prepare for the Hero's Journey! Use these gifts to help Luke prepare for his Hero's Journey as he embarks on the path to become a member of the forgotten Jedi Order. •Luke Shards
    •1,000,000 Credits
    •36 MK I Ability Mats
    •27 MK II Ability Mats
    •12 MK III Ability Mats
    •5 Omega Ability Mats
    •15 Tier 4 XP Droids

And this helps everyone going into that Luke flash event with a chance to get more rewards etc. So start working on Luke.

Just cost me a fortune to level him hp from level 51 to 85 a minute ago - but likely gonna be worth it - hopefully I and everyone else have a chance in this flash event.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    BrtStlnd wrote: »
    Did everyone already receive the Luke shards? I haven't yet.

I think its tomorrow no?

Star Wars was released in theatres in the USA on May 25, 1977
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    bolobaby wrote: »
    KueChael wrote: »
    It's Luke, but we will find out in august. Possibly his Jedi character will be a journey to get. Taking months of logging on and playing daily events.

My concern is that I'll miss some of it. I'm taking a 100 mile, 10 day wilderness hike at the end of June. Could you imagine if all my daily loyalty was "rewarded" by a key part of the event taking place on the time I am in the middle of nowhere with no ability to log on?

Maaaaaan... that would suck.

I'll be in a wifi free resort in Jamaica mid-June - I hear your pain.
  • Spyda
    318 posts Member
    Unless people missed it, they're going to give you free shards for Luke before the event, along with the credits and ability mats that you will need to get him ready for the event. If you're already planning on spending the 1M credits and mats on other toons, then don't be put off that your Luke won't be ready for the event. They gave us short notice sure, but they're also giving us free material to prepare for it so that we CAN participate in it.

The real question is whether or not the Jawas will be supplied. I'm personally hoping so since I've only been playing for about 2 months and have 0/5 Jawas unlocked. It would be nice for some more information about it however since I'd be a little dismayed to drop all of those resources on Luke just to find out that I still can't participate in this event.

Even if that is the case however, it's probably still a worthwhile investment to do so since this isn't a one time event, it's an event SERIES. Which means that after this Jawa excursion, we'll probably see a number of other Flash Events in the upcoming weeks that follow the along with the story of 'A New Hope'. After all, tomorrow marks it's 40th anniversary.

Anyone want to brainstorm with me to see if we can figure out what characters will be required for upcoming events?

If it follows Luke's story through the movie then we might see something like this?

- Flash Event (Cantina): Luke, R2D2, Old Ben, Han, and Chewie vs Storm Troopers, and Greedo
    - Flash Event (Death Star): Luke, R2D2, Old Ben, Han, Chewie, and Leah vs Storm Troopers, Tarkin, Vader
    - Flash Event (Yavin 4):
    - Flash Event (Ship Battle?): Millennium Falcon, Tie Fighter, Tie Advanced, X-Wing, Biggs, Wedge, Ackbar, Executrix

Does that sound about right?
  • Spyda
    318 posts Member
    Also, could the 'shrouded in mystery, but worth the wait' line possibly be referring to Ship hardware abilities?
  • Does that sound like Thawn to you or some random dark side character or is it just random phrase??
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Spyda wrote: »
    Also, could the 'shrouded in mystery, but worth the wait' line possibly be referring to Ship hardware abilities?

Shrouded in mystery sounds like Dark Side stuff to me - perhaps new darkside or even sith characters?

Revan would certainly be my preference, but wish in one hand and **** in another and see which one fills up faster, lol
  • Bulldog1205
    3573 posts Member
    Palpatine uses that phrase to refer to the Jedi.
  • This is a mockery of the players. To invent short events within 4 hours, during the day when all players have different time zones and different working hours (some do not have the opportunity to be online during the day.

• Palpatine uses that phrase to refer to the Jedi.

Yup, and more specifically, the Jedi Council. So, who's on that that isn't in the game yet?
  • Palpatine uses that phrase to refer to the Jedi.

Yup, and more specifically, the Jedi Council. So, who's on that that isn't in the game yet?

Ki-adi-Mundi? Saesee Tiin?
  • Is it possibly foreshadowing a Jedi Faction Pass?
  • Rizn
    246 posts Member
    It's going to be an update to Farm Boy Luke that shows him change into a young Jedi. The later they will update him again to be RotJ Luke. Much later we may see Episode 8 Luke.
  • BrtStlnd
    1094 posts Member
    Is it possibly foreshadowing a Jedi Faction Pass?

Of course, during the Jedi faction pass they'll release 2 new dominant Sith characters...
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    True, but he's lying when he says it so he can manipulate Anakin.

Doubt that's what they're hinting at.
  • Why are these guys always so terrible with providing information? This Luke event is tomorrow and alot of people, including me, are still confused by it. Do we need Jawas or does the event provide them? If so how powerful? Etc etc. So many questions but they never seem to give enough info and then people get screwed over by it.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Is it possibly foreshadowing a Jedi Faction Pass?

Good call - we just had a sith update, it'd be nice if the jedi could get some loving.

I'd like the jedi temple guard, s well as Shaak-Ti or Ki-adi Mundi for sure. Perhaps Anakin will get a zeta too - here's hoping.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member

No - he's talking about the force, referring to it being "the great mystery".
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Boo wrote: »

No - he's talking about the force, referring to it being "the great mystery".

The hint is actually: "Shrouded in Secrecy", and Palpatine when talking to Anakin says the Jedi Council is "Shrouded in Secrecy", and that he wants him to be his eyes and ears.

He uses the exact phrase, but he's being a politician, lying to get someone to do what he wants to do. He knows that his order is really the one shrouded in secrecy at that point.

That's why I don't think it is referring to Jedi, because they weren't ACTUALLY shrouded in secrecy.

Of all the references I have seen and found to the phrase "shrouded in secrecy" the only one that it was actually a make up of the person's character/history was Darth Marr.

• Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    UPDATE: Hiya Holotable heroes!
    We have a wee Hotfix incoming to correct the rosy bug with Gar Saxon's Ship. Just a heads up!
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    We have a wee Hotfix incoming to correct the rosy bug with Gar Saxon's Ship. Just a heads up!

I thought that happened last night. Did it not take?

• Kozispoon
    Woodroward wrote: »

Work happened last night, but we had to break for dumb stuff (sleep. Pshaw, who needs it!), in order to come back to it fresh and ensure everything is in order.
  • I think no one caught the devs maybe some people will in August! ;)

• Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    Woodroward wrote: »

Work happened last night, but we had to break for dumb stuff (sleep. Pshaw, who needs it!), in order to come back to it fresh and ensure everything is in order.

Right on. Makes sense... except for that sleeping part anyway.

giphy.gif

• Good for devs for trolling August. I'm sure they got a lot of chuckles out of that.
  • Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    @CG_Kozispoon as long as i play this game, this is the best update i've seen (even with the nute nerf) but 100% drop rate on mods + Ahsoka make me forget that nute+jawas have to move back to "uselessness".
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • Is it just me, or is Tarkin's latest update screen sticking over the rest of the game? Too annoying.
  • Mod drop rate to 100% is something nobody should complain about. I wasted thousands of crystals trying to get mods that way, finally it makes a little bit of sense. And mod farming is still **** hard, considering most of the time you are looking for a certain stat and a certain mod shape. Its still very hard.

Change of colour for gear looks great.

New events sound fun.

Feel like we are being trolled with "in August" sentence.

Good job devs :) Keep it going!!
  • Kozispoon
    edited May 2017
    UPDATE FO YO UPDATE: Hotfix is being pushed and we should be live. Cheers!
    What happened?
    • Implemented a small fix to address the hot pink thrusters on Gar Saxon's Ship.

P.S. #takebackaugust
This discussion has been closed.