Finishing Rogue One.

Prev1
Eutus
232 posts Member
edited May 2017
So as the name implies id like to see rogue ones characters finished being released. Go sit down Empire Pass wasn't enough I'll tend to you in a minute.

So lemme throw a few more trigger warnings out there. I'm asking for more Rebels. Partly cause half of this forums tears are delicious. Mostly cause I really like collecting virtual star wars figures.

To me though, it seems like the notable/marketable dudes have been mostly put in game. But a few more characters would make me feel like Rogue One was finished and COMPLETE.

Maybe that caps locked word needs some context. Force Awakens is sorely missing dudes. Gen Organa, Hux, Maz, Unkar to list some recognizable ones. Cap Ithano, Constable Zuvio, Quiggold, Lor San, etc. It seems like any hype for these guys will be lost during their release, and that's a bummer all new releases should be exciting ... it's more game.

So I'm proposing we finish off Rogue One before we move into Fall and Winter 2017. Sadly faction balance just can't be a thing here. You had WAY more rebels to market than anything else (Don't worry empire fans I haven't forgotten you) and all this "rebels bias" seems silly. This is what we have right now, we have lots of new rebels getting spotlight and yeah there's usually six rebels per antagonist. So that being said would you rather have Admiral Raddus the raddest or a death star engineer? Easy choice.

Who do I feel is missing your probably wondering?
Admiral Raddus. Rebel, Fleet Commander
Saw G. Rebel?, Scoundrel
Moroff. Rebel? Scoundrel
That rebel pilot with the glorious hair. Rebel, Pilot.

See four dudes then I feel like we are done with Rogue One. Now collecty impulses aside what do these schmucks bring to the game?
Fabio the fighter pilot brings an amazing hair style and more ships (also would make a steller reward for a battle of scariff raid) and yes he has a name I'm sorry it's the one time I can't think of it and I'm trying not to Google "handsome rebel pilot rogue one". Admiral Raddus brings more Mon Cals, and as a second rebel fleet leader should open up new strategies and play styles for ship fights. Saw G new scoundrel that could even open up a new leader playstyle for scoundrels, gasp especially if he got synergy with Moroff. And well Moroff brings tears (hes the white furry not wookie, you should Google him pao and bistan it's a shame they wound up on the editting floor) but it also wraps up the "iconic" aliens from rogue one. Id take the two tube twins as well, but that I feel is an unreasonable stetch (but you at least know I'm game).

"But ew garbage character that has no dialogue" well sure you might be right. Know what the three of them do have? Action Figures and Unique Lego Minifigs (two tube twins aside, I'm not sure about them). "So what they got marketed and sold to chumps" maybe, but the resources were allocated to market them and you know what that means? You could see them pop up as filler characters any time in the games life span.

Now all you empire fans it's your turn for a minute. So there's this battleground game coming out at the end of the year from EA. I hear it's supposed to feature a tie squad as main characters for its CANON campaign mode. Gonna be cool when those dudes start showing up for our Empire teams right!? Know what would be cooler? Task Force 99. If you don't know them go to your library and get the star wars comics from this year. Those Stormtroopers? Those guys are cool. So Battleground 2 comes out and right in the middle of you expecting a few more sweet imperials from this new game we get Moroff and Constable Zuvio, faction balance yo to many Dark Side dudes released in the last two weeks. Me? I'm elated, nom nom nom tears. These forums? Oh lawd.

I think that's my biggest desire to see character lists completed. Yes we could play this game indefinitely by making minor characters into toons forever. But it feels right to me to just do them as runs. Okay this year in quarter 1 and 2 the big NEW things are rogue one and rebels s3, so let's get um out of the way so we can all get pumped for the pilots, resistance dudes, first order bros, and silent old Jedi at the end of the year!!

Id love to hear if anyone else had thoughts for rogue one characters that should show up. Sure we could talk about Mon Mothma and Bail Organa, but I dunno seems like Revenge of the Sith Bail and OT Mothma are a better route.
Post edited by Mageduckey on

Replies

• ArtooSW
    181 posts Member
    Two Tubes would be the character I'd want alongside Raddus.
  • Eutus
    232 posts Member
    Right? I think theyd be cool too, but when i was thinking about it i couldny decide if you do both twins or just one. It seems to muddy imo.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Yup, we totally dont have enough boring, nameless characters/rebels nobody knows or cares about
  • Eutus
    232 posts Member
    Yeah only problem with that is I know and care. So nobody +1. :)
  • Eutus
    232 posts Member
    "The character that became Moroff was originally named Senna.[4] Senna was one of several characters conceived to be a part of the Rogue One team seen in the film, alongside Lunak, Dray Nevis, Ria Talla and Jerris Kestal. He was intended to be a duo with the character of Lunak and these two characters ultimately influenced the duo of Baze Malbus and Chirrut Îmwe."

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Moroff

Super boring stuff.
  • Klocko
    1017 posts Member
    Not a terrible idea, but I'd rather if they finished off other "teams" first. ESB bounty hunters for instance. We're really only missing Bossk, 4-LOM, and Zuckuss. Sure they didn't do anything in the movie, but neither did Dengar or IG-88.
  • CameronD
    150 posts Member
    I think "Fabio the pilot" is either blue leader or gold leader
    Also moroff is a gigorian and carries and heavy Gatling laser
    And I agree HEAVILY with admiral raddus, heck if they can get thrawn too and give grevious a capital ship I might start seeing ships that aren't mace windus
  • Can we have a full f2p empire 5 ship synergy before we get fabio fighter pilot?
    "and i will show you ... where the iron crosses grow..."
  • RacerDejak
    3203 posts Member
    Can we have a full f2p empire 5 ship synergy before we get fabio fighter pilot?

Wait.. don't u guys already have the new imperial star destroyer?

Oh i forget.. it wreck during battle of jakku :flushed:
  • Aha! This is reverse psychology on the devs isnt it!
  • RacerDejak
    3203 posts Member
    I want Saw Gerrera like chaze, but in ONE person.. will make people **** off, yes? :lol:
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Why do people want saw? He doesn't do anything and hardly looks capable of fighting
  • RacerDejak
    3203 posts Member
    DatBoi wrote: »
    Why do people want saw? He doesn't do anything and hardly looks capable of fighting

Because i'm Forest Whitaker big fans? :flushed:

Careful with what u said mate.. u know bistan and pao? At least Saw have longer in screen duration lol
  • Darax_ren
    363 posts Member
    ...and yet people don't want Padme Amidala.

• DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    RacerDejak wrote: »

Careful with what u said mate.. u know bistan and pao? At least Saw have longer in screen duration lol

Bistan and pao were soldiers. Saw couldn't even breathe and was missing limbs (yes, same with vader, but he was functional)
  • ArtooSW
    181 posts Member
    edited May 2017

Bistan and pao were soldiers. Saw couldn't even breathe and was missing limbs (yes, same with vader, but he was functional)

I know the topic is Rogue One but I'm looking forward to him and Two Tubes in Rebels season 4. If we get Saw I'd like that version or maybe even the Clones Wars version so we don't get another rebel although that doesn't bother me.
  • Saw G.

Unique: Inflicts confusion on attacking enemy unit during their turn.

Confusion: What's up with his eye?! Remove 100% turn meter. Cannot be resisted.
  • Osirisreborn
    1017 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    And the creepy tentacle thing, supreme wt eff moment
  • Bossk_Hogg
    335 posts Member
    edited May 2017

Might be neat to have a dark side rebel leader.

Also it's not like the characters in-universe ability to fight matters, it's a video game of a video game. Like if a fighting game in our world had Helen Keller, Genghis Khan and Al Capone...
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Klocko wrote: »
    Not a terrible idea, but I'd rather if they finished off other "teams" first. ESB bounty hunters for instance. We're really only missing Bossk, 4-LOM, and Zuckuss. Sure they didn't do anything in the movie, but neither did Dengar or IG-88.

Absolutely this game needs to finish off bounty hunters - what you said, plus the notable ones from TCW - that dude with the hat for instance.

I think the last thing this game needs right now is more rebels - particularly ones that are nameless and not very memorable, because we have enough of those too.

If they are to release a new rebel - why not Tantive Rebel Soldier as seen in ANH and R1 - first rebel soldier ever seen in Star Wars and quite iconic.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Bossk_Hogg wrote: »

Why would he be dark side? Just cause he's more militant than other rebels doesn't mean he's a bad guy.

• RacerDejak
    3203 posts Member

Saw Gerrera in his finest condition?
    splash-swrebels2017-790x494.jpg
    But i like R1 version :bawling:
  • Wow usually cgi pixar looks way worse...
  • DatBoi wrote: »
    Bossk_Hogg wrote: »

Why would he be dark side? Just cause he's more militant than other rebels doesn't mean he's a bad guy.

He was so extreme the other rebel cells disavowed him. My understanding was he targeted civilians and operated in a method we'd associate with modern terrorists. He tortures Bohdi, a guy who was trying to HELP him because he's so far gone with paranoia and hate.

Saw is a bad dude who was fighting the Empire. It was a level of nuance I wished Rogue One delved more into.
  • We have bistan. He doesn't even have a line in the movie. Sit down with your not enough rebels nonsense
  • RacerDejak
    3203 posts Member
    We have bistan. He doesn't even have a line in the movie. Sit down with your not enough rebels nonsense

He's cool anyway. Love his ship.. need MOREE
    bistan1-im-a-precious-flower.jpg
  • I still cant believe that didnt include his space monkey yell in the game
  • TheChampionBum
    340 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Its Battlefront, not Battleground.

Also I agree with others, we have too many Rebels as is. We could use some more Clone Wars era droids like B1, Droideka, those spider cannon droids, Commando droids, and droid ships like the IG2000 and the Vulture droids. That would be sweet.
    Where is my kitten General Grievous rework at!!??
  • Sev74907
    211 posts Member
    Ya because we don't have enough Rebels as it is