How are weaker guilds to clear HAAT if they continue to lose their members to HAAT guilds?

Prev13
RedTwo
58 posts Member
edited May 2017
The latest developer post has made it clear that they want the HAAT to be difficult to pass, and require a full guild effort. My only question then is, as the title asks, if these sister guilds of the super guilds continue to take members from guilds working hard to become HAAT ready, how are they ever supposed to be able to beat it. Recruitment is only effective for guilds that can clear HAAT now. Do the developers really want no guild loyalty, and to remove the joint team effort aspect from guilds? Have the developers looked at what is happening in these sister guilds, very few powerful players clear the raid while the rest that tend to have very limited rosters that were only recruited for raid ticket contributions, get GK shards and the powerful players get top rewards without any worries of being beat by other members. Can the developers please take this into consideration. It's getting real frustrating to be almost HAAT ready just to lose several members, being set back further again. I know if we keep grinding we'll get there eventually. But something for guild loyalty would go a long way.

Replies

• Ahwang826
    136 posts Member
    Entice big hitters that are placing under 3rd in their old guild to join your guild and they can take #1. Just have to make sure your guild is putting in 30k tickets. There are lots of mercenaries out there that do this sort of thing.
  • RedTwo
    58 posts Member
    Like I said, can no longer effectively recruit players to fill spots vacated. Can't blame them, why join a non HAAT guild when you can join a HAAT guild, then just spend your 600 energy a day and register for raid and don't even need to spend time fighting, but still get GK shards for no effort.
  • marauder
    124 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    partner with a stronger guild. But both guilds must hit 30k daily. then temporarily exchange some member. When the weaker guild can do HAAT by itself then go back to original setup.
  • RedTwo
    58 posts Member
    Have many members that came from guilds were a hostile decent that was behind most the members backs, took most the top players to start another guild. So, not sure that wouldn't destroy our current guild.
  • Really, are we back in November? Remember when all the threads about AAT pulling guilds apart were all over the front page
  • Bobby777
    614 posts Member
    Really, are we back in November? Remember when all the threads about AAT pulling guilds apart were all over the front page

I wasn't as active on forums around that time :frowning:
    Seeing these threads now are refreshing for me.
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member
    Guilds are still being destroyed by haat.....Constantly.... Very destructive already..... Doesn't need more tightening... That's for sure!
  • JG44D2
    79 posts Member
    Truth is the new format did hurt guilds. With everyone from 4-50 getting the same amount of shards as @RedTwo stated, no effort is needed and someone with a 0 gets the same as someone finishing 4th who might have done 2m+ damage. At leas in the Pit you would have been given less shards. The gear is a crap shoot and always has been. You can get fully crafted at 50 and a piece you already have 500 of at 1st.

People are jumping ship now like in the beginning, which shouldn't be the objective of the developers. The game should want guilds and players to thrive. That is all players from whales to true f2p and super guilds to just 50 average players who came together for whatever reason and decided to stay together.

• Haat merger is how u pass it. Work together means join a guild doing haat. I have space for about 30 guys who get 600/600 so it's almost your whole guild who's becoming haat... Unfortunately you do have to leave some guys behind but that's not my rules I don't make the system we just crush it and collect gear... It's uh... In the spirit of the game? Pm me if your interested in help
  • Zipped
    105 posts Member
    I'll tell you how brother.

Click the link for a detailed walkthrough it's the basic path everyone who completes it takes just broken down.

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/270595996991879023/576E6364D09F92E98A2CDA8D7138FCF8429928BA/
  • Versatti
    241 posts Member
    It's a real issue that has the potential to be very damaging to the longevity of the game.

SWGoH has reached a dangerous turning point in its development lifecycle and there are two key issues which highlight this...

1) The divide between new and old players. New players won't stick around once they become aware of just how vast that is. (I'd say around the mid 70's level)

2) Existing players who are not fortunate enough to have access to the flavour of the month characters such as General Kenobi will inevitably see their passion for the game turn to frustration and quit.

This will leave SWGoH with a dwindling player base leaving only those who have invested lots of time
    and money into the game. At that point you'll be milked dry for every penny with more and more micro transaction options.

This is the fate of many MMO's and whilst SWGoH isn't technically an MMO, it does share a lot of similarities with its stats, mods, raids and gear mechanics.

There are plenty of ways for SWGoH to avoid this same fate, though the existing game model and game direction suggests it's about to reach the point of no return.
  • Lossberg
    457 posts Member
    JG44D2 wrote: »
    Truth is the new format did hurt guilds. With everyone from 4-50 getting the same amount of shards as @RedTwo stated, no effort is needed and someone with a 0 gets the same as someone finishing 4th who might have done 2m+ damage. At leas in the Pit you would have been given less shards. The gear is a **** shoot and always has been. You can get fully crafted at 50 and a piece you already have 500 of at 1st.

People are jumping ship now like in the beginning, which shouldn't be the objective of the developers. The game should want guilds and players to thrive. That is all players from whales to true f2p and super guilds to just 50 average players who came together for whatever reason and decided to stay together.

I am not agree with this point at all. Guild members are supposed to work as a team and not to compete each other. And giving 1 shard to people in 41-50 range clearly undermines this purpose in my opinion. Also it helps to reduce the gap between new players and old players, as well as for people who takes a break from the game - I can imagine their frustration if it would take them 6 month to unlock GK
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member
    This is a possibly a deal breaker. Its harmful to in game relationship health. You have to leave your guild to do haat. How many of you did that honestly? It really bites.
  • Versatti
    241 posts Member
    Juex777 wrote: »
    This is a possibly a deal breaker. Its harmful to in game relationship health. You have to leave your guild to do haat. How many of you did that honestly? It really bites.

Not personally but lost plenty because of it. Been farming Kylo's for a good month to get through it, but looks like that was a wasted group effort.
  • HorishBathens
    631 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    We feel the same thing, everytime we start to get close, someone leaves just because they want GK. And they'll get him, like you said, by logging some auto damage and sitting back and collecting the shards.

Would like to add we had a number of people focusing on Kylo for a while now. Pretty sweet that that time was wasted.
  • To answer the title, they don't.

They go out of business and get absorbed by better guilds.
  • We just did it organically. No splitting of a guild. We just worked toward it, and we did it. We lost a few people to HAAT guilds. One thing that helped us considerably was one coming back once we got close to beating HAAT ourselves. Part of it was insisting on everyone working toward it by building teams that work in HAAT. Part was getting rid of low contributors with public standards of what is expected and then trying only to take new people who would be in our top 20 for damage. We only got halfway through our first attempt in the first week of January, and we beat it last week in under 24 hours. We then beat it in 9 hours this week.
  • AnonymousMeh
    357 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    We feel the same thing, everytime we start to get close, someone leaves just because they want GK. And they'll get him, like you said, by logging some auto damage and sitting back and collecting the shards.

Would like to add we had a number of people focusing on Kylo for a while now. Pretty sweet that that time was wasted.

Right. I farmed him to g10 & 6☆, so that I could have him near ready for my guilds first haat, whenever that will happen. By the time my guild can even clear haat, which will still be 2 or more months from now (not to mention the months of farming after), kenobi will likely have lost his usefulness to the next great thing.

Ability block stops escape, so it made sense that anything that would reset ability cds would also allow for another escape attempt by resetting its cd. This has been known for how long without it being listed as a bug? It would be nice if whoever makes these decisions could do so a little more quickly, because it takes a really long time to prep a toon. Don't wait months to do so please.

And yes, I know that I can retreat if unable to escape, but that almost makes it more annoying. The ability to use the one toon to clear p1 is still there. All this does it make it more annoying for those guilds using zeta kylo as a stepping stone to get into haat (I imagine it will be even more tedious than a teebo team hpit solo).

Edit: used escape & retreat backwards.
  • It really does suck because i run a very small guild and when i go out to recruit the very first thing i get is "merge with our guild" "hey come join our haat guild" you know that **** i'm so dang tired of getting and its frustrating because no one wants to join the guild if you know what im saying
  • smninja73 wrote: »
    It really does suck because i run a very small guild and when i go out to recruit the very first thing i get is "merge with our guild" "hey come join our haat guild" you know that **** i'm so dang tired of getting and its frustrating because no one wants to join the guild if you know what im saying

Yep nobody wants to joins nAAT guild...
  • Juex777 wrote: »

I did it and it was a hard decision. I was constantly first or second in both raids on my old guild. However, when I was told that the rewards for a decent rank in HAAT matched top tier rewards in NAAT, it was a no brainer. If Kenobi shards were available in NAAT (1-5 shards instead of 6-10) then I would have stayed.
  • Then take your own self and go and join a HAAT guild. That's how you grow. Get over your dream of being a leader/officer and in control. Being smart and less of an egomaniac is the key to success.
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Honestly, If your guild is somewhat new and is compiled of a bunch of random players you'll never pass HAAT unless the level cap gets raised to 100+.

You need to swallow your pride and merge with another guild like yours or an existing alliance.

Our story is very common for early established guilds...

I was an officer in a "day one" guild and we developed a real sense of community. A few of us worked on squads to beat the Heroic Rancor. Beat it last August, felt like a real accomplishment. The top 10 or so carried the ball while the others pretty much zerged it.

Then along came the Tank... (Late October)

Took us a few weeks to beat nAAT upon it's release (pre nerf). Worked hard to cut that time down. Then came the nAAT nerf... (Can't remember, maybe December?)

nAAT became a joke for the top players while hAAT was still unbeatable for us.

We tried to get everyone to work on a "super squad" (jedi, droids, chripatine, rebels etc...) after a month of working on those teams we tried hAAT again. Still came up WAY short. Bottom 20-25 in our guild were casual players and really couldn't be bothered to dedicate 100% of their resources to hAAT squads.

After that hAAT attempt there was talk of a merger. That idea was quickly shot down because we still thought hAAT could be beatable if the top 20-25 kept working on hAAT squads.

After the merger was shot down we lost 3-4 top players who wanted GK shards. This left us in a precarious situation but the remaining members still thought we could beat it.

We kept losing players in drips and drabs. Finally we decided it was probably in our best interest to merge.

I'm writing this for you to read because the only way to beat the tank is to have at least 40 people with REALLY good squads. Maxxed out squads for each phase. These top 40 could probably carry the bottom 10.

Zkylo is essential for weaker guilds to help clear P1.

Anyway, we found another guild like ours and took our top 25 and their top 25 and created an Alpha guild. Bottom 25 went to Beta guild.

We all share a Discord server to keep in touch and have one set of raid launch times and rules.

Best thing we ever did and we are not looking back.

If you or anyone reading this wants some tips while talking merger feel free to PM me or add me on Discord at bradfern12#0388.

• Then take your own self and go and join a HAAT guild. That's how you grow. Get over your dream of being a leader/officer and in control. Being smart and less of an egomaniac is the key to success.

Wait wait wait... says the guy who said "I'm a god on this forum" ?
    p8jga_s-200x150.gif

#AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Capt_Rex
    116 posts Member
    @UltimateSeaDog if You don't have anything to contribute to topic why bother commenting if topic is so old and already covered.
    RedTwo has problem and looks for an answer so placing it on forums is legitimate way to do so. Plus the fact that You are (I assume ) strong player in strong guild does not mean others aren't experiencing problems of time when AAT arrived in game.

Back to the topic as some suggested You can invite stronger players bribing them with better chance to score best in raid. Merge with some other guild. As to players loyalty You can take it in consideration only if progress of all guild members is similar or mostly similar. If you have to many weaker players the stronger ones will get tired of waiting for their oportunity to hit HAAT.
    I don't think there is any ideal solution to this problem.
  • KyloRey
    871 posts Member
    marauder wrote: »
    partner with a stronger guild. But both guilds must hit 30k daily. then temporarily exchange some member. When the weaker guild can do HAAT by itself then go back to original setup.

Yeah guild merger is the fastest way to get to clearing the HAAT and also preserving your guild membership. My guild did that for a couple months and when we re-merged back together we were clearing the HAAT together as our original guild.
  • J_Raphs
    85 posts Member

I left my guild to do Heroic Pit. Wish I had done it sooner.

If your guildies were really your friends, they would have done what it takes to complete the HAAT.

Wait wait wait... says the guy who said "I'm a god on this forum" ?
    p8jga_s-200x150.gif

OMG, Ruby Rhod is my FAV! Love that movie! Epic meme.

P.s. Yes, as a founding member of Gods of the Whales, I worked my way thru the ranks, and now serve on the tribunal of high priests. We ensure balance within the force.
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • J_Raphs wrote: »

I left my guild to do Heroic Pit. Wish I had done it sooner.

If your guildies were really your friends, they would have done what it takes to complete the HAAT.

If your guild leaders swallowed their pride and merged with an alliance you would have had a clear path to move up to a guild that was Heroic Pit.

This is just one of the many perks you get when joining with an alliance or merge with another guild.

• Maybe weaker guilds weren't meant to clear HAAT.

Either recruit, whale it, quit, merge or deal with not doing it.
This discussion has been closed.