Did Anything Good Come From Empire Pass?

Micaelis
28 posts Member
I know many people are complaining about the pass being a flop (I think so as well), but did anything good come out of this? I still cant believe that the best toons are going to be 2 rebels... In an Empire pass. I read the updates and they make it sound like Tarkin has had some CRAZY rework. Do they even know their own game?

Replies

• What do you mean by 'good'?
    When something is OP n powerful like Chaze, people cry that it's broken, etc.
    but when a rework upgrades some characters and faction, while remain honest like this one; people like you cry
    Personally I like what they do with the Troopers; Tarkin looks good as well, while not broken and abusable. I prefer it this way.
  • Micaelis
    28 posts Member
    SkyeLeonne wrote: »
    What do you mean by 'good'?
    but when a rework upgrades some characters and faction, while remain honest like this one; people like you cry
    Personally I like what they do with the Troopers; Tarkin looks good as well, while not broken and abusable. I prefer it this way.

I have never complained about Chaze or Zaul. Things are going to be OP in any game. Its about the rotation. Arena wont have any large changes with this pass. Hell they are barely usable in the raids. Another thing is that the devs act like they have created the next best thing. How can they think they have changed the game? What was the point of the updates? To make some worthless Empire toons mediocre? You have your opinion, but compared to the Sith Pass this was a huge disappointment to me.
  • Micaelis wrote: »

I have never complained about Chaze or Zaul. Things are going to be OP in any game. Its about the rotation. Arena wont have any large changes with this pass. Hell they are barely usable in the raids. Another thing is that the devs act like they have created the next best thing. How can they think they have changed the game? What was the point of the updates? To make some worthless Empire toons mediocre? You have your opinion, but compared to the Sith Pass this was a huge disappointment to me.

Is there a chance that perhaps you were expecting too much from the pass? I'm not trying to say that the devs know what they are doing (because they have proven their inability to balance time and time again), but I think most players who have done any work in (or even just having experienced it enough) game balance will tell you that when you are trying to fix a massive imbalance that it will not be done with one pass on just one half of the issue (I.E. making a bunch of super OP Empire troops would be counter productive). So the devs bumped up the imps by a bit and worked them towards that middle ground between rebels and imps (where factions like droids sit). The next part of the balance should be to make a pass over the Rebels to adjust out some of their imbalances bringing them down closer to the Imps. Eventually (likely after 2 passes each and a bunch of smaller tweaking the two factions will resemble, but not quite be, balanced.

So yes, good things definately happened with this pass. As for why the two new heroes were so much better, think about it, how many people are going to pay real money for Tark and Veers? Most players already own them to 3-5 stars at minimum by this point, so they won't be. The few players who are F2P won't be, and the brand spanking new players who have likely been farming nothing but Sith, Rebels, and Droids are likely not going to bother either. Only the whales and the completionists would even consider it. So yes the two new characters are FoTM OP and Tark/Veers are actually closer to reaching balance than they were before. What is the issue?
  • Micaelis
    28 posts Member
    Barbzilla wrote: »
    Micaelis wrote: »

Is there a chance that perhaps you were expecting too much from the pass? I'm not trying to say that the devs know what they are doing (because they have proven their inability to balance time and time again), but I think most players who have done any work in (or even just having experienced it enough) game balance will tell you that when you are trying to fix a massive imbalance that it will not be done with one pass on just one half of the issue (I.E. making a bunch of super OP Empire troops would be counter productive). So the devs bumped up the imps by a bit and worked them towards that middle ground between rebels and imps (where factions like droids sit). The next part of the balance should be to make a pass over the Rebels to adjust out some of their imbalances bringing them down closer to the Imps. Eventually (likely after 2 passes each and a bunch of smaller tweaking the two factions will resemble, but not quite be, balanced.

So yes, good things definately happened with this pass. As for why the two new heroes were so much better, think about it, how many people are going to pay real money for Tark and Veers? Most players already own them to 3-5 stars at minimum by this point, so they won't be. The few players who are F2P won't be, and the brand spanking new players who have likely been farming nothing but Sith, Rebels, and Droids are likely not going to bother either. Only the whales and the completionists would even consider it. So yes the two new characters are FoTM OP and Tark/Veers are actually closer to reaching balance than they were before. What is the issue?

Thank you for your great reply. This game isnt about nerfs. I mean who didnt expect a shaking of the arena meta when the dropped the words Empire Pass? Look at what this Sith Pass was able to accomplish. To think that they are going to nerf rebels is a dream we will never get especially if they make a pass.

Your point on the 2 Rebels doesnt make sense to me (not hating). Why would they release two more rebels instead of doing maybe R2 and idk Thrawn or an EU character that is Empire? Ive played HS for a long time and the devs there don't seem to get it either. You can never have balance. One team is just going to be better than the rest. Its about the rotation. Yea you let Sith have their time, now Empire, oh next is Rebels, then FO, ETC. Idk know about you but im tired of seeing Chaze, Rex and GK. I would like to see Empire to punish rebels during their own pass, but they can't. Where is the balance?

Just to clarify. I mean "good" as in top 20 arena viable. Something that can freshen the place up.
    If there reworking characters that are just going to continue to sit on the shelf then whats the point?
    Make people waste their Zetas on them, and realize they are bad. Then when that news gets around
    that they are bad no one touches them. This doesn't define "good" to me.
  • Lol, they'll never nerf Rebels, they worth too much money and income source...
    Unfortunately that's the reality, if you're expecting any 'good' top 20 viable characters, it'll be a new character which will generate money, not a reworked one. Rework character may be decent/good, but it'll somehow involve newly released character (besides Phoenix, coz they're for little kids)
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member

This. People now wants OP toons. Good rework is a flop if the toon is not OP and cannot wipe alone a "Triple cleanse" team. Btw, only one rebel was released during the Empire pass since Ahsoka is not yet delivered and pass is over. Rebel who is also a resistance, droid and galactic republic.
  • More than 60% voted in the poll that I made that they have no intention of farming the new or reworked toons. That means is a failes pass. A lot of time wasted by devs and resources wasted by people stupid enough to believe them, like me. Also I would buy that the devs didn't want to increase the power creep if they wouldn't have increased it by adding 2 OP rebels. So they obviously didn't have a problem releasing OP toons, just not empire ones.
  • And to answer the question, no. Quite the opposite.
  • Barbzilla wrote: »

I hope they won't nerf rebels, for that will be the last time I ever spend money in this game and EA will lose $2000 or so per month...

Anyways, I think empire pass was to just bring a break from all the power creep that had started with the Chaze "fiasco". Since Chaze, DN, then R2D2 has been released. To prevent further creep they did a mediocre pass for empire before gathering steam again.
  • BrtStlnd
    1094 posts Member
    I think it's more that players expectations were set by the previous faction passes. Sith was great, FO was great, and we were expecting another great pass for Empire... and it's well below those expectations.

The trooper rework is a lot of fun if you've got them, but overall this is a solid C- while the others were As.
  • BrtStlnd wrote: »
    I think it's more that players expectations were set by the previous faction passes. Sith was great, FO was great, and we were expecting another great pass for Empire... and it's well below those expectations.

The trooper rework is a lot of fun if you've got them, but overall this is a solid C- while the others were As.

I think the expectations were also set by the devs own words when they said things like epic, extensive or devastating. A C- is none of those.
  • bitmoji
    143 posts Member
    Maul was an existing character that cg used as the fulcrum to leverage new characters which were expensive and awesome, assassin, Sith trooper and nihilus. And savage was also a must for full Sith team. They do make money when players have to scurry to mod, star, and fear up existing characters, believe me.

So they had gar Saxon and that commando, I bought them, and I spent money to get all my empire characters maxed in anticipation for this empire rework. Crickets.

Why do it if it is a waste of time?
  • Gaidal_Cain
    1640 posts Member
    Empire pass kind of fits the Empire really.

They have cool Zeta abilities and cool toons and on paper should be able to wreck Rebels and other factions.

However they don't. Just like in the movies.

Tarkin is a free character that they literally give you now when you unlock ships.

They made him better than before but he is not OP. You can't stick him in any team and be successful.

What he does, he does really well and it fits his character.

Imperial Troopers are cool.

The update to Executrix giving Retribution instead of Potency Up is cool.

R2 and the incoming Fulcrum overshadowed them a bit but while other people are farming Rebels right now.

I'm not. I am farming Empire and doing just fine in arena and in raids. Veers, Snowtrooper, Stormtrooper, Shore and DT are all coming along nicely.

I do plan to gear Kenobi when I finish unlocking him and of course I will unlock Fulcrum AT but they aren't my focus right now.
  • Micaelis
    28 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    BrtStlnd wrote: »

I think the expectations were also set by the devs own words when they said things like epic, extensive or devastating. A C- is none of those.

This. So much this. I work sales for a living and if I am throwing those words around I better be able to back them up. They hyped it as if it was going to be as strong as the sith pass, but it wasnt even close. MY problem is that if they are going to buff something, make sure that it means something us. I understand that some of these toons are easy to get, but then why not throw in a toon that is P2P for empire? Why make 2 P2P rebel characters on an Empire Pass.
    Post edited by Micaelis on
  • Micaelis
    28 posts Member
    Barbzilla wrote: »

I hope they won't nerf rebels, for that will be the last time I ever spend money in this game and EA will lose $2000 or so per month...

Anyways, I think empire pass was to just bring a break from all the power creep that had started with the Chaze "fiasco". Since Chaze, DN, then R2D2 has been released. To prevent further creep they did a mediocre pass for empire before gathering steam again.

So throw Empire under the bus so we can have a break before they give us another insane rebel toon? How does this make sense?
  • I hope they won't nerf rebels, for that will be the last time I ever spend money in this game and EA will lose $2000 or so per month...

Well those of us that Spent money in game on gearing Empire deserved a return for our money too. Spent top dollar for brand name, and got factory 2nds.

You said it yourself, you will stop spending if they affect your rebels. So when the Empire was supposed to get boosted to be on par with current toons, they didnt' get it. But, Man, your rebels, they better not mess with them, because you don't want to give up your top arena spot.

When the give rebels a faction pass, you will be the first one complaining if it isn't incredible. Hypocrite much?
  • Arimanius
    165 posts Member

Well those of us that Spent money in game on gearing Empire deserved a return for our money too. Spent top dollar for brand name, and got factory 2nds.

You said it yourself, you will stop spending if they affect your rebels. So when the Empire was supposed to get boosted to be on par with current toons, they didnt' get it. But, Man, your rebels, they better not mess with them, because you don't want to give up your top arena spot.

When the give rebels a faction pass, you will be the first one complaining if it isn't incredible. Hypocrite much?

+1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

• I'm just curious, but have any of you tried the new tarkin rework? I know he may not be game breaking in the arena, but some guy in my guild just dropped 1.6 million damage with a gear 6 tarkin with potency mods in the rancor.

Also, I still find a fully geared and starred DT to be one of the most op toons in the game. But that's just my two cents.
  • I have tried him both in GW and raids. True he is only g8 but he is way weaker than other empire toons of his level. Now his only use is to try and drop the biggest damage in the early nodes of GW. Sure as hell I am mad to wasted so many time and resources on him or the rest of the empire. Or the money I have spent on Shoretrooper and DT. By now I could have had a full typical sith team. But I, like many other suckers, actually believed what we were told. Worse I actually told other smaller players in my old guild to concentrate on empire since it will be reworked.
  • Gank_Killer
    1817 posts Member
    Trying every team i can think of with Tarkin in Arena. Normally top 50, can't even get into 100 with Tarkin. I have seen one guy using him into 100. He just sucks.
  • Micaelis
    28 posts Member
    I have tried him both in GW and raids. True he is only g8 but he is way weaker than other empire toons of his level. Now his only use is to try and drop the biggest damage in the early nodes of GW. Sure as hell I am mad to wasted so many time and resources on him or the rest of the empire. Or the money I have spent on Shoretrooper and DT. By now I could have had a full typical sith team. But I, like many other suckers, actually believed what we were told. Worse I actually told other smaller players in my old guild to concentrate on empire since it will be reworked.

This is why next pass I wont spend a dime. I too got both DT and Shoretrooper, and spent gear and credits getting them to respectable. For nothing. Now my investment sits on the shelf. I spent money on them expecting them to break up the current meta. Now its just Rex and the occasional Maul.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    @Olddumper was rank 3 on my shard yesterday with Tarkin and DT. They need to have speed and Tarkin needs a lot of Potency to make him work. And he has no zeta yet. Toons can really be tested with high gear. Even Chaze and DN are weak at gear 8 or 9. I can easily get rid of some Chaze teams gr 8-9 even 7* without any effort.

EDIT: I agree that he's not as good than Chaze, but the game does not need every toons to be OP.
  • BulYwif wrote: »
    @Olddumper was rank 3 on my shard yesterday with Tarkin and DT. They need to have speed and Tarkin needs a lot of Potency to make him work. And he has no zeta yet. Toons can really be tested with high gear. Even Chaze and DN are weak at gear 8 or 9. I can easily get rid of some Chaze teams gr 8-9 even 7* without any effort.

EDIT: I agree that he's not as good than Chaze, but the game does not need every toons to be OP.

True, it only needs the rebel ones to be ;)
  • Tbh Tarkin is not that bad now, his debuffs can easily pass through a tenacity up buff which is not bad against a Chaze team (especially since Chirrut is way faster than him).

I don't think they did a good job with imperial soldiers work but Veers and snowtrooper rework seem pretty nice to me, some Imperial Lando is a nice addition. Deathtrooper was already good and magmatrooper/stormtrooper are still quite bad.
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    I've gotta say Tarkin can make some of the best high end arena comps out there right now that weren't possible before. This was an empire pass where if you were expecting them to throw you a bone and buff RG TFP Zader and EP, the toons you already had, you were very mistaken.
  • BrtStlnd
    1094 posts Member
    I also spent on DT and shore. Shards and gear to level them. A purchase I now wish I had waited to make on other characters.

Let me just tell you, they don't get much better. I've got all the troopers except shore at max gear, no open slots, and all well above 200 speed. They're still not good. I should know better than to spend on empire.

Rebs are the only safe place to spend money.