Nihilus lead teams are too easy ?

i find myself winning nihilus lead teams WAY too easy, the question is, am i the only one ? or is it a totally useless leader ability ?
i use Zaul, Zavage, Zylo, Palp, SA. and for some reason i find the nihilus lead team VERY easy to win against, even when it have Zooku and Zavage, when use SithTrooper... or GK, b2... really. lot of comps, all get won easily when most of my protection still up(!!).
i cant say the same about zQGJ lead teams, for example. although playing with counter-jedi toons, i find myself a lot playing vs 5 jedis and barely win, only with Zaul surviving, or zavage. very hard battles, since i not really "belong" to the top20 in my shard, and i only ride the Zaul meta.
so Zaul teams i sometimes lose, Rex teams 70-30 i win, zQGJ 90% win but barely.. and nihilus is VERY easy. its also the same in the node 11 of GW, some team require me to send suicide squad, and when facing nihilus lead its very easy.

so what am i missing here? perhaps nihilus lead team is totally countered by speed+zavage overpower+palp stun and shock ?? or perhaps nihilus lead team is very strong on offense but very weak on defense ?
if someone using nihilus lead team, would like to hear how is team doing on offense and defense.
cause seem to me that after all the "nihilus OP" threads, he actually need a buff, at least on his leader ability, that looks to me that hurt him more than do good (Sidious cant heal, palp cant heal, Zavage cant heal, and NO ONE can crit).
i'd actually suggest cancelling the "cant crit" at least.

*and no, i dont have nihilus geared. sitting on 3*, gear 1, lvl 1, i just want more leaders available and diversity.

Replies

• Jetlife
    1367 posts Member
    Most DN lead comps suck.
    DN/savage/dooku/gk/r2 is what I like to use and maul teams have a problem with it.
    Also DN/trooper/assassin/savage/dooku is really good also
  • A lot of teams are really easy to beat right now. Not many teams do defense that well and Nihilus lead is a good example of it but that doesn't mean he is a terrible lead.
  • SidiousIsPikachu
    771 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    jet, what you like to use is exactly what i won yesterday on GW node 11.
    and how well u do ? where you finish in arena and how much you drop over night ?
    why you dont use other leader over nihilus and just use nihilus as a normal toon in your 5?
    im sorry, i just find that weird that DN is the best leader you can offer.
  • The key for me on my shard was that you can't run just sith, there too many toolkits missing from the sith toolbelt. Once I started running nihilus lead with EP, Dooku, and Chaze all of the sudden I've been top 7 on my shard for a few weeks now.

Chirrut's health equalize is effectively a heal, despite them not being able to be healed, plus he provides a cleanse or tenacity up depending on the matchup. And Baze obviously provides a deeper toolkit for a taunter than Sith Trooper does.

Unfortunately, IF my rex was at the same gear level, rex lead with chaze, EP and DN is probably still a better team.

So yea, buff nihilus!
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    They slap teams with a Zeta Barris in the face, as his leader prevents crits and she only heals the team when they are dealt a critical hit - so DN lead teams can woop on her, which is nice.
  • Mishkin
    22 posts Member
    i use dn lead with zavage dooku trooper and gk. i take 1 most days and usually on drop to 15-20. and as far as not critting that is actually a good thing against most high end teams. stops rex tm gain most of zaul tm gain gk taunting and zarris heal. The 60% offence makes up for most of the damage lost by not critting.
  • DN shines in GW and mastering DS nodes. I hunt teams with DN in Arena. Even 7* maxed he is easy to take down. His downfall in Arena as a leader is his removal of crit ability for his team. I'd be willing to lose his one shot skill for return of crits.
  • Geldar82
    23 posts Member
    The issue with DN lead teams is the ONLY healing they can receive is from attacking, not from a healer, and with the Sith not having a cleanser other than Zavage (who can easily be taken out by another DN or focused down quickly) you're hosed if you get hit with any kind of healing immunity debuff. You either need to bring a cleanser ala Rex, GK, Ackbar or hope you don't go against a team that can inflict a healing immunity (which more and more characters are starting to have this).
    Bottom line is no team is "perfect" and is beatable, the key is having a roster deep enough and flexible enough to make adjustments so that you can swap a character in or out depending on your needs for a particular battle.
    Frankly I have found DN lead team to be best suited for my needs in GW, though I rarely go down that road. I usually use my EP lead Empire team and slaughter whatever gets in my way :)
    Geldar
  • RacerDejak
    3203 posts Member
    Yep
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    Boo wrote: »
    They slap teams with a Zeta Barris in the face, as his leader prevents crits and she only heals the team when they are dealt a critical hit - so DN lead teams can woop on her, which is nice.

Everyone woops on Bariss.

EA purposely holds her back but let other characters run rampant.
  • Ryzak620
    215 posts Member
    DN shines in GW and mastering DS nodes. I hunt teams with DN in Arena. Even 7* maxed he is easy to take down. His downfall in Arena as a leader is his removal of crit ability for his team. I'd be willing to lose his one shot skill for return of crits.

The loss of crits is what makes him great against GK/Zarriss. GK will never auto-taunt and Zarriss's unique is useless. Also good against a Rex lead since his Turn Meter bonus against crits is nullified. EP is bugged with DN lead though, so don't use him.

I use DN, SAs, SiT, Dooku, and usually Savage. They do fine on offense. I finish 1st for each payout if I want to.
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    edited May 2017
  • WompWompRat
    1833 posts Member
    DN is very good in this comp: ZDN/Dooku/Zavage/SA/SithT
  • Yesac
    362 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    I switched to DN, zKylo, Sid, Dooku, ep. On offense, I made it to the 30s with three battles starting from 60+. On defense, I fell into the 70s. I just played again and auto'd the battle and won without losing a single toon and most at near full health. Why is the defense so terrible? What is different between the AI control on defense and the auto control on offense? Should I not use auto as a way to test its defense?
  • Yesac wrote: »
    I switched to DN, zKylo, Sid, Dooku, ep. On offense, I made it to the 30s with three battles starting from 60+. On defense, I fell into the 70s. I just played again and auto'd the battle and won without losing a single toon and most at near full health. Why is the defense so terrible? What is different between the AI control on defense and the auto control on offense? Should I not use auto as a way to test its defense?

interesting. perhaps its because AI vs AI, you win, but AI vs player, the player win... probably just when focusing the right toons and inflicting the right debuffs on the right guys, the battle become extremely easy. cant say the same about cleanse teams or Zaul (cuz RNG). but thats why i probably find DN teams so easily to beat.
    btw what you switched from ?

and thanks everybody for comments, i starting to think that perhaps my team is just pretty much a counter for DN lead teams, which is obviously, sad for DN teams, since Zaul and Zavage, especially, gains a lot from getting crits, and the non-crit should actually help against the Zaul teams.
  • Yesac
    362 posts Member
    Yesac wrote: »

interesting. perhaps its because AI vs AI, you win, but AI vs player, the player win... probably just when focusing the right toons and inflicting the right debuffs on the right guys, the battle become extremely easy. cant say the same about cleanse teams or Zaul (cuz RNG). but thats why i probably find DN teams so easily to beat.
    btw what you switched from ?

and thanks everybody for comments, i starting to think that perhaps my team is just pretty much a counter for DN lead teams, which is obviously, sad for DN teams, since Zaul and Zavage, especially, gains a lot from getting crits, and the non-crit should actually help against the Zaul teams.

Hey,
    I switched from zVader, zBoba, TFP, EP, and Shore. I could place top 50. I was getting bored and decided to change. I don't think my squad is right just now. I like all the stunning I can get with EP, Dooku, and zKylo, but I could see that may be an issue with the AI.

https://swgoh.gg/u/yesac/