Is this a horrible strategy?

Wearesyke
218 posts Member
Have a full sith squad in arena. Getting pretty sick of not having a tenacity up character. Debuffs wreck me. Will be getting Yoda at 5* on the next event. Here is my strategy:

DN (l) / Dooku / Yoda / Vader / Sith trooper

Get Yoda the fastest and have him give my whole team tenacity up at the start. Have dooku second and hit the stun. Proceed to wreck faces.

I would have DN Dooku and Vader modded for max potency and speed (obv) as well. What does this look like? A sith team revolves around debuffs and this would prevent my team from getting boned with shock and stuns and DOTs.

Yoda has nice abilities as well with TM gain and reduction as well as stuns that would stack nicely with dooku. Let me know if this is stupid and I should instead focus on getting Rex for the cleanse and tenacity up

Replies

• Boreas
    508 posts Member
    Zaul with Sass will always go first, unless you can have a Yoda with at least 300+ speed or so.
  • Wearesyke
    218 posts Member
    Is that even possible? Without a zQGJ lead can I mod Yoda to 300 speed?
  • Boreas
    508 posts Member
    I don't think so, even with insane mods, maybe only under zQGJ it may be possible.
  • kevsmart
    492 posts Member
    Do you run Zavage with your full sith squad? He helps a lot with debuffs (granted not as much as Rex or GK).
  • Wearesyke
    218 posts Member
    I do not currently. He is next on my list to get 7*. Right now my 5th is Maul for his daze and offence up/100% TM gain. He gains insane amounts of health back from DN lead but he is still squishy enough to get 1 tapped by a wiggs team off the start. I could switch zavage for Maul? Would take about 3 weeks to get him viable though
  • kevsmart
    492 posts Member
    Absolutely. Zavage is almost good enough to include in non-sith teams though you do lose a bit of his built in healing under DN. Maul MIGHT be better than Vader in a DN team but I'm not sure, Vader is so beefy he might be the better choice.
  • Rakim
    267 posts Member
    kevsmart wrote: »
    Absolutely. Zavage is almost good enough to include in non-sith teams though you do lose a bit of his built in healing under DN. Maul MIGHT be better than Vader in a DN team but I'm not sure, Vader is so beefy he might be the better choice.

Vader is actually pretty bad on DN squads. Requires way too much set up and is easily contained. zSavage is a much better choice.
  • Wearesyke
    218 posts Member
    My opinion and experience with Vader under DN is if he gets a culling blade with ANY debuffs, it's like a 75% heal instantly. And he can one shot wedge or Biggs if either of them have 2 debuffs even at full health. Also my Vader has about 50K health so he is basically a tank that has a one-shot capability. Maul with his special, if there are 4-5 enemies can also full heal with one move. But his health is about 22K so he is always 1 or 2 to die. That's why I'm interested in potentially switching him out. Would zavage under DN have crazy health gain as well?
  • Dryff
    672 posts Member
    A G11 Savage can easily be 65K health under a Nihlus lead...the HoT effects from his zeta with that much health are "crazy health gains", yes. :)
  • Showtime
    17 posts Member
    What about Palp, is he not good for a DN list? I feel like how could he not be?
  • Drazz127
    770 posts Member
    Hmmm..Everyone's talking considering the OP is level 85 in a shard with Zeta's.
    Since you're just unlocking Yoda at 5* at the next event, I'm curious what level are you?

With that said, what are your other options? Vader sucks under DN lead, especially on defense.
    Also for tenacity play I much prefer rex to yoda. I really don't think yoda is that great. Though he could be due for a buff soon.

DN, Dooku, Sith Trooper is a great start though! I'd add Sith Assassin to that team (If available to you).
  • Rakim
    267 posts Member
    Dryff wrote: »
    A G11 Savage can easily be 65K health under a Nihlus lead...the HoT effects from his zeta with that much health are "crazy health gains", yes. :)

Savage doesn't heal from HoTs behind DN lead, only from health steal
  • Wearesyke
    218 posts Member
    I am level 74. I should have said that in the post sorry! My shard is not fully developed, the top 5 players are all 80-82. My rank hovers between 40-60 for payout times but everyone around me is at least 77 with at least 6K more power than me and I stay with them (shout out Sith Trooper ILU)

DN (l) 74 G8 / dooku 74 G9 / sith trooper 74 G8 / Vader 74 G9 / Maul 74 G8

DN Will be Gear 9 in 2 days.

Who should be my 4 and 5 if Vader and Maul are bad under DN? I'm 74 so Sass is not available to me besides a lucky chromium pull. Any other chars?
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    Boreas wrote: »
    Zaul with Sass will always go first, unless you can have a Yoda with at least 300+ speed or so.

I ran a 285 speed Yoda under zQGJ for a total speed of 315. Half the SA's on my shard still went 1st.