Assault Battles - Forest Moon Tier 1 Noob Question

I should be able to unlock this within the next day or so, but I didn't bother with an Empire team till the recent R2 Event. So they are a lot better than they were a month ago.

I got 2 days to improve them, and I currently have the gear and resources to bring them all a little higher this moment, along with a few unassigned basic 3 dot Mods, but what's the probable bare minimums would I need?

Could I complete it? If yes, could I 3-star it? Or will my team be eaten by the Ewoks?

Vader: L64 5* G8 (only 2 max out 3-dot Mods)
Tarkin: L64 5* G7
RG: L56 4* G7
TFP: L64 4* G7

Shore: L57 3* G6
or
IG86: L46 4* G4

Snow, Krennic, Saxon, Magma, Chopper, K2 are just GW fodder, aka less than 2000 power.

Gen Veers will be unlocked tomorrow, but he'll still only be 3*.

I'm sure I'll be better prepared for the next time this Event comes back, well, maybe not my Droids.

Now a bigger dilemma...
The upcoming Luke, Yoda, and Fulcrum Ahsoka Events, I'm curious if I should bother using my resources for this. Down to only 4-ish million credits at this moment.

So conflicted.

Advice?
When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

Started mid-FEB 2017, and not trying to reach the top.

Replies

• Boo
    4134 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Do you have IG88? - he's so handy in so many places - droid events, this event and scoundrel events.

I use EP (L), Vader, RG, Magma trooper and 88.

AOE attacks in this event are huge - so that goes to vader, EP, 88 and MT, plus MT has a chance to hit another opponent on his basic, which helps a lot if find.

RG can be handy to stun - particularly Ewok Elder, as he constantly revives the other Ewoks who, although are weak, do heavy damage.

Personally though I would stay away from taunters (like storm trooper or shore) as all ewoks hit hard and will all focus on the taunter - killing your team that much quicker.

As for Yoda event - I didn't know that was coming back, but I have yoda already so don't get the notifications. He is a great character to have so I would focus on him if you can. I remember I used Anakin, Ahsoka, QGJ, Luminara and Mace I believe when I unlocked him. But you need them all at 7 stars to get Yoda to 7* as well, but you should be able to at least unlock yoda easily enough.

Ahsoka (Fulcrum) is a low level event to unlock her - concentrate on that as there does not seem to be any restrictions on who you can use for that event, so you should be ok, judging by the info currently available about that event.

Luke - who knows about this event. It is clear we are being gifted a bunch of luke shards, gear, ability mats, credits etc. to get Luke ready for this event. It says he is teaming up with jawas, so not sure if we need to work on our jawas or if they will be provided to work with for the event - that is unclear. My Luke is terrible, he's at Gear 8, level 5 abilities and only 3 star. Hopefully with the free gifts I can get him improved enough. I just levelled him to 85 today - cost a fortune in droids and credits.

I would assume Luke's event will return, but if you think the Yoda, EP and R2 events are rare, I bet the Luke event will be even more so.

Good luck - not really sure if my response helped per se, but at least informative for you.
  • @Boo

Nope, just the ones I listed are the ones I have unlocked and in use.

I just got my 5-Toon Jedi team at 5* late last week. QGJ, Lumi, JC, Ahsoka, and Mace (good-bye JKG). I know I'm qualified to enter, but I'm thinking of edging them up more to ensure victory to unlock Yoda.

I'm sure these Fulcrum Ahsoka and Luke Events are going to rarer than the EP, Yoda, and R2 Events. As the Luke one is an exclusive one-off for the 40th Anniversary of the franchise, IMO.

As for using Shore, I was thinking of loading him up with health and defence Mods to prolong his agony against the Ewoks.

The timeframe is quite tight:
    Luke = 20 hrs
    Forest Moon = 2.5 days
    Ahsoka = 8.5 days
    Yoda = 15 days

Side Question: Are the same "Boo" on TFW2005 and Allspark?

• Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    At some point recently (since the last time it came around) they mentioned that they have "tweaked" this event, so any advice you get is going to be coming from people with outdated information.

That being said, I beat this event last time with my droids and had no problem whatsoever.

The trick to it was mainly going fast and hitting hard because the Ewoks are slow, squishy, and hit like Mack trucks (at least the ones with that buff), so the key for me was speed. I would say you pretty much have no chance of beating this event with your current characters this time around unless you spent a fair amount of money to do so.

The FAT event is an open event that you can use anyone in, so don't worry about that.

The Luke thing is weird, no one knows what to expect, and if it isn't open, it doesn't seem like you'll be prepared in time anyway.

If i were you, I'd just keep working on the Jedi.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Mmmmmmm

Like I say, if you could at least unlock yoda - which isn't that difficult to do, then you can work on jedi until the event roles around again. At least if yoda is unlocked, then you can gear and level him up etc. When you finally do get him to 7* - he's ready to roll.

Do what you can for Luke - you gonna get free gifts to beef him up a bit any way and the event is geared to your player level - looks like you are at least level 64.

Also as I stated, the Ahsoka event starts at level 20 - so simply do what you can there. It looks like you have no restrictions on what toons you can use with Ahsoka so pick your strongest toons.

Have a crack at Endor - looks like you have some pretty good empire and droid toons to make a decent attempt - I didn't pass this event first time and had to wait for it to come around again.

I think your best bet would be:

Vader (L): AOE damage, second attack after culling blade kill and ability block those nasty ewok elders
    Tarkin - again good aoe damage
    TFP - also good aoe and foresight, he also packs a punch
    RG - to taunt if your heavy hitters take too much and also stun those nasty ewok elders
    IG86 - assist and a good heavy hitter

I'd try my luck with that team.

But as I am sure you know, not everything can be unlocked in one shot. You will have to wait to strengthen your roster for when the next event comes around. I did not beat Endor event first time, nor did I unlock Yoda or EP first time - even though I was frustratingly close!

As for the separatist Event - I haven't beaten that at all and I refuse to do so until they sort out the required toons for that event. I am sure in about 10 years, I will be able to beat it when the required toons are geared up naturally without any effort on my part, lol

Good luck my friend!
  • I'll agree to not use Shore against the Ewoks.

Looks like my attempt will be as I figured:
    Vader (L)
    Tarkin
    TFP
    RG
    IG86

I can remove some of the old 3-dot Mods, and beef them up with some shiny new 4-dot Mods.

If I win, I win, if not, I'm not going to cry about it. At least I tried without going overboard and sacrificing other aspects of the game.

I also agree I need to beef up my Jedi, they're currently not scaring anyone at the moment.

I'm going to say I'm one of the many people who stopped levelling and gearing up Farm Luke when new Rebels and Attackers started showing up in my roster. He's definitely been gather digital dust.