Dropped over 100 spots in arena overnight

Prev1
BSwoody87
149 posts Member
I didn't think my arena team was weak but dropping 100 spots overnight is crazy. How is that possible? Anyone else ever have that happen to them?

Replies

• Stevesaint74
    898 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    It does happen, but I hear a lot of people just upgrading a lot of their mods and improved their teams..
    Post edited by Stevesaint74 on
  • JimmyBob
    13 posts Member
    Your starting position?
  • BSwoody87
    149 posts Member
    Went from 128 to 240 overnight
  • jackstraw
    220 posts Member
    BSwoody87 wrote: »

takes what like 6 or 7 hits to drop that much? what are you running for a squad.... definitely need to keep defense in mind this is arena
  • Watch running a 'different' comp - people will fight you just to break up the monotony. Then, in general, offense wins. You do a lot better by just fitting in with the hoard....
    tumblr_lnf1czK7Cy1qbxjdho1_400.gif
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • My biggest shock was dropping from like 40-ish to 102 an hour after my payout. I'm glad it was after but now it's on my swgoh record because of dst messing it up. it was really weird and I got straight back up the next day.
    Could be related to what was said above, my comp is a little bit different to what's around me.
  • jackstraw wrote: »

takes what like 6 or 7 hits to drop that much? what are you running for a squad.... definitely need to keep defense in mind this is arena

I'm running a DN lead with Vader, Sidious, Dooku, and Barriss. I haven't had the opportunity to replace Barriss yet so she could be dragging me down.
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    jackstraw wrote: »

I'm running a DN lead with Vader, Sidious, Dooku, and Barriss. I haven't had the opportunity to replace Barriss yet so she could be dragging me down.

You really need GK or SithTrooper. Barris screams "attack me"
  • Kenbo
    52 posts Member
    Watch running a 'different' comp - people will fight you just to break up the monotony. Then, in general, offense wins. You do a lot better by just fitting in with the hoard....
    tumblr_lnf1czK7Cy1qbxjdho1_400.gif

+1

I run a zVader lead amongst Rex n Zaul. The fall over night from top 5 to way down can be frustrating :s
  • BSwoody87 wrote: »

I take it you don't have DN or Barriss zeta'd?
  • jackstraw wrote: »

I take it you don't have DN or Barriss zeta'd?

Nah I'm only a 78 right now. I'm trying to 7* DN and then I'm going to focus on a replacement for Barriss. Savage would be the easiest to farm.
  • Ryzak620
    215 posts Member
    Savage isn't bad to use with DN lead, but he doesn't do a ton of damage without critical help. I assume you have neither Sith Trooper or Sith Assassin. Either one of those would be the best 4th and 5th. I'd consider losing Vader when you can too. He doesn't do much for that squad make-up.
  • Ryzak620 wrote: »
    Savage isn't bad to use with DN lead, but he doesn't do a ton of damage without critical help. I assume you have neither Sith Trooper or Sith Assassin. Either one of those would be the best 4th and 5th. I'd consider losing Vader when you can too. He doesn't do much for that squad make-up.

Out of SA or ST, which one is best? SA can make my squad insanely fast but ST provides that tank ability I might need.
  • coeuss
    216 posts Member
    Sass should be first before SiT. She is critical.
  • coeuss
    216 posts Member
    The availability of mods is probably a factor in arena the last few days. I dropped out of the top 100 last night for the first time in months... dropped more than 60 spots.
  • BSwoody87
    149 posts Member
    coeuss wrote: »

What's so special about Sith assassin? i want to be sure before spending resources on her.
  • cw8
    98 posts Member
    I dropped from ∼150 to 394 once in a single night. I wouldn't be surprised.
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    coeuss wrote: »

What's so special about Sith assassin? i want to be sure before spending resources on her.

look at her kit. her second ability raises m to all sith, so you can ourspeed other zauls if you assasin is faster.
  • BSwoody87
    149 posts Member
    cw8 wrote: »
    I dropped from ∼150 to 394 once in a single night. I wouldn't be surprised.

Now that's insane. Yuck!
  • Barmuka_1
    602 posts Member
    2 weeks ago I dropped from 108 to 540 I was so mad. Took me 3 days to break top 200 again. And I didn't change anything
  • vlado
    10 posts Member
    I am usimg jedi team in arena (maybe as the only one,i am facing nihilus teams most) amd last night i dropped from 180 to 363:(
  • Dropped from 30 to 55 last night, everyone had crazy mods. *sigh*
  • BSwoody87
    149 posts Member
    Dropped from 30 to 55 last night, everyone had crazy mods. *sigh*

Yeah I'm not a fan of this 100% mod drops in challenges. Those who have resistance teams will become unbearable since they can unlock speed mods and now farm at a ridiculous rate.
  • Tatebomb
    797 posts Member

Yeah I'm not a fan of this 100% mod drops in challenges. Those who have resistance teams will become unbearable since they can unlock speed mods and now farm at a ridiculous rate.

Seriously? You preferred getting 1 mod every 8 attempts?
  • oda_KNZ
    10 posts Member

Thats normal, if u think u have better squad , u should spend more cystal to move 20 - 50... coz its gap just 6 -8
  • BSwoody87
    149 posts Member
    Tatebomb wrote: »

Actually yeah. It makes obtaining mods difficult and keeps gameplay somewhat balanced. Now it's all these big spenders who can waste money on resistance characters gaining unlimited speed mods. Basically once again catering to the whales to create a wider gap between ftp and whales.
  • Tatebomb
    797 posts Member

Actually yeah. It makes obtaining mods difficult and keeps gameplay somewhat balanced. Now it's all these big spenders who can waste money on resistance characters gaining unlimited speed mods. Basically once again catering to the whales to create a wider gap between ftp and whales.

Whales already had mods. That's why they are whales. And as time goes on the gap is inevitably going to get bigger. If anything this helps the ftp players get mods.
  • BSwoody87
    149 posts Member

Whales already had mods. That's why they are whales. And as time goes on the gap is inevitably going to get bigger. If anything this helps the ftp players get mods.

Yeah I guess but ftp players would take months to build a viable resistance team to take on that mod challenge. This just makes it 100 times easier for the whales. Sure it might help SOME ftp players...
  • Tatebomb
    797 posts Member

Yeah I guess but ftp players would take months to build a viable resistance team to take on that mod challenge. This just makes it 100 times easier for the whales. Sure it might help SOME ftp players...

Crit damage set is generally considered better. I know thats my primary farm. And mods have been out for months. If someone wanted a resistance team for speed set mods they would have it by now considering they have also been f2p for months and now you got r2 to boot.