• Options
    Tatebomb wrote: »
    BSwoody87 wrote: »
    Dropped from 30 to 55 last night, everyone had crazy mods. *sigh*

Yeah I'm not a fan of this 100% mod drops in challenges. Those who have resistance teams will become unbearable since they can unlock speed mods and now farm at a ridiculous rate.

Seriously? You preferred getting 1 mod every 8 attempts?

Actually yeah. It makes obtaining mods difficult and keeps gameplay somewhat balanced. Now it's all these big spenders who can waste money on resistance characters gaining unlimited speed mods. Basically once again catering to the whales to create a wider gap between ftp and whales.

Whales already had mods. That's why they are whales. And as time goes on the gap is inevitably going to get bigger. If anything this helps the ftp players get mods.

Yeah I guess but ftp players would take months to build a viable resistance team to take on that mod challenge. This just makes it 100 times easier for the whales. Sure it might help SOME ftp players...

Crit damage set is generally considered better. I know thats my primary farm. And mods have been out for months. If someone wanted a resistance team for speed set mods they would have it by now considering they have also been f2p for months and now you got r2 to boot.

IMO speed and cd are the best, cc is ok for characters like Chirrut who crit like mad, and tenacity might be good for someone without Chirrut or Rex.
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    Options
    coeuss wrote: »
    The availability of mods is probably a factor in arena the last few days. I dropped out of the top 100 last night for the first time in months... dropped more than 60 spots.

Probably. But even if everyone is getting a mod with every mod battle, for me 9 out of 10 times it's been a useless gray circle or diamond mod so far, and I've done a bit of cantina energy refreshes the past two days.
  • Tatebomb
    797 posts Member
    Options

Yeah I'm not a fan of this 100% mod drops in challenges. Those who have resistance teams will become unbearable since they can unlock speed mods and now farm at a ridiculous rate.

Seriously? You preferred getting 1 mod every 8 attempts?

Actually yeah. It makes obtaining mods difficult and keeps gameplay somewhat balanced. Now it's all these big spenders who can waste money on resistance characters gaining unlimited speed mods. Basically once again catering to the whales to create a wider gap between ftp and whales.

Whales already had mods. That's why they are whales. And as time goes on the gap is inevitably going to get bigger. If anything this helps the ftp players get mods.

Yeah I guess but ftp players would take months to build a viable resistance team to take on that mod challenge. This just makes it 100 times easier for the whales. Sure it might help SOME ftp players...

Crit damage set is generally considered better. I know thats my primary farm. And mods have been out for months. If someone wanted a resistance team for speed set mods they would have it by now considering they have also been f2p for months and now you got r2 to boot.

IMO speed and cd are the best, cc is ok for characters like Chirrut who crit like mad, and tenacity might be good for someone without Chirrut or Rex.

I agree different characters benifet from various sets. But if I had to just pick one set to farm it would be CD.
  • Osisiv
    172 posts Member
    Options
    Watch running a 'different' comp - people will fight you just to break up the monotony. Then, in general, offense wins. You do a lot better by just fitting in with the hoard....
    tumblr_lnf1czK7Cy1qbxjdho1_400.gif

This exactly. Most boring and annoying is best defense because there is no real defense.
  • Options
    Kenbo wrote: »
    Watch running a 'different' comp - people will fight you just to break up the monotony. Then, in general, offense wins. You do a lot better by just fitting in with the hoard....

+1

I run a zVader lead amongst Rex n Zaul. The fall over night from top 5 to way down can be frustrating :s

That falling has nothing to do with "standing out" but more with zeta vader not being viable in arena
  • Kenbo
    52 posts Member
    Options

+1

I run a zVader lead amongst Rex n Zaul. The fall over night from top 5 to way down can be frustrating :s

That falling has nothing to do with "standing out" but more with zeta vader not being viable in arena

So even though I can hit number 1...he's not arena viable?...arena viable=can hold on defence?
    No sarcasm, genuine question.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options

+1

So even though I can hit number 1...he's not arena viable?...arena viable=can hold on defence?

I think he means people are more likely to attack you with a Zader lead then, say, a Rex lead triple cleanse team or even a formidable Zaul team.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Kenbo
    52 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

+1

I think he means people are more likely to attack you with a Zader lead then, say, a Rex lead triple cleanse team or even a formidable Zaul team.

Ah ok, fair enough. I'm sure I'll eventually break and run whatever everyone else is.
  • Bhaalor
    1724 posts Member
    Options

+1

I love zVader... I do.. but he has a target painted on him. I used to drop from 1-30ish overnight, now that I use the standard Rex/Chaze I only drop into the mid teen's. I will bring out zVader if I see a DN team though... oh the glorious dots.... or a zQGJ team; cuz zVader wrecks them.
  • Kenbo
    52 posts Member
    Options
    Bhaalor wrote: »

+1

I love zVader... I do.. but he has a target painted on him. I used to drop from 1-30ish overnight, now that I use the standard Rex/Chaze I only drop into the mid teen's. I will bring out zVader if I see a DN team though... oh the glorious dots.... or a zQGJ team; cuz zVader wrecks them.

Sounds exactly right, drop to around mid 30's myself. Think I'm going to keep skipping this Rex/Maul meta and maybe go for whatever rises next.

• Bhaalor
    1724 posts Member
    Options
    Bhaalor wrote: »

+1

Sounds exactly right, drop to around mid 30's myself. Think I'm going to keep skipping this Rex/Maul meta and maybe go for whatever rises next.

I wish I could have, didnt want to run it. I love zVader, it is "FUN" to play. I am saving up gear and crystals so hopefully when the next meta comes out I'll be able to jump on it or decide to pass; depending on how it feels.
  • BSwoody87
    149 posts Member
    Options
    *sigh* ever since 100% mod drops, arena has been a mess. Before the new update, I might drop 10-20 spots a night. Since then, averaging 80-100 spots. Losing motivation now...
  • Options
    i target DN teams already.. but with a BARRIS ?! i'll auto that **** so hard.
    whats the point of using barris under DN ? it gives exactly.. nothing -.-
  • Options
    I really didn't want to run zmaul -- man, I ran Phasma, EP, Rey, STHAN, and Lando so long.. because, you know... #nerfrey. But blending in with everyone else and toting a maxed out DN means I can do the absolute minimum work in the Arena now.

Kind of like x4 speed, any of that daily grind stuff really just need to take the least time possible,
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • BSwoody87
    149 posts Member
    Options

I don't have the luxury of subbing anyone else in. I'm not a level 85 who has been playing this game since release. Level 78 and I use what I have. I'm building up SA right now but she's too weak to throw into arena.
  • BSwoody87
    149 posts Member
    Options

And you can rail on Barriss all you want but she's saved my team more than once with heal when my entire team is low on health. She's useless attacking but can still keep my guys healthy when the whole team is struggling with health.
  • Options

I don't have the luxury of subbing anyone else in. I'm not a level 85 who has been playing this game since release. Level 78 and I use what I have. I'm building up SA right now but she's too weak to throw into arena.

In good news for you -- ish -- I am in an old leaderboard and people throw in an understarred SA on their sith teams and can run high ranks. Just focus on her gear and , the stars really don't mean all that much for what you need out of her.

I have her 5* myself - but needing to gear her quite a bit still.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • BSwoody87
    149 posts Member
    Options

In good news for you -- ish -- I am in an old leaderboard and people throw in an understarred SA on their sith teams and can run high ranks. Just focus on her gear and , the stars really don't mean all that much for what you need out of her.

I have her 5* myself - but needing to gear her quite a bit still.

Yeah her gear kit is tough. I just started working on her last night. It'll take time since I can't farm her regularly yet. I have to rely on accumulating crystals to buy her in shipments and shard shop :(.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    Options

Speed mods aren't that great. They're only good for a handful of characters. The rest to do better with offense or crit damage mainly.
  • Options

And you can rail on Barriss all you want but she's saved my team more than once with heal when my entire team is low on health. She's useless attacking but can still keep my guys healthy when the whole team is struggling with health.

I thought Sith were, uh, immune from healing under DN lead. Barriss seems like a very bad choice for a team under DN. All she can do is equalize health.
  • Options
    bro, im not here to offend you. relax.
    remove barris, anyone else would be better. Anyone. all she does is heal, and her heal DONT WORK under DN.
    JKG will be better, for the ability block. no joke.
  • Options

I thought Sith were, uh, immune from healing under DN lead. Barriss seems like a very bad choice for a team under DN. All she can do is equalize health.

I never tried it, personally. Can't deny equalizing out from Savage's immense health pool doesn't basically count though!
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • acavite1
    53 posts Member
    Options
    After the recent mod bug exploit, i saw a lot of newcomers in the top 100 of my shard.. a lot of people improved their mods and polished off a few unfinished toons in the day or two following.
  • Options
    I didn't think my arena team was weak but dropping 100 spots overnight is crazy. How is that possible? Anyone else ever have that happen to them?

I had the same thing happen to me. I adjusted from a Sith Team to a rex, fives, Anakin, Ashoka, and Lumi team. They are fun to play with but I got destroyed.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    Options
    DarthJT538 wrote: »
    I didn't think my arena team was weak but dropping 100 spots overnight is crazy. How is that possible? Anyone else ever have that happen to them?

I had the same thing happen to me. I adjusted from a Sith Team to a rex, fives, Anakin, Ashoka, and Lumi team. They are fun to play with but I got destroyed.

Yeah, you'd get targeted just for having Luminara in your group.
  • BSwoody87
    149 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    bro, im not here to offend you. relax.
    remove barris, anyone else would be better. Anyone. all she does is heal, and her heal DONT WORK under DN.
    JKG will be better, for the ability block. no joke.

Sorry, I get defensive since I really don't have any other options yet. My SA is only a lvl 70, 3*, and gear 8. She doesn't help the team as much as Barriss does right now. I have three options at this point to replace Barriss: SA (long process of getting her arena viable, Savage (easy farming), Kylo Ren (not unlocked yet but I heard he can be an absolute beast), or Sith Trooper (another very long process).
  • Ryzak620
    215 posts Member
    Options
    Corruptor wrote: »
    jackstraw wrote: »
    Went from 128 to 240 overnight

takes what like 6 or 7 hits to drop that much? what are you running for a squad.... definitely need to keep defense in mind this is arena

I'm running a DN lead with Vader, Sidious, Dooku, and Barriss. I haven't had the opportunity to replace Barriss yet so she could be dragging me down.

Sidious and Dooku have very low health even with protection mods with speed. More than likely your dooku isn't double attacking.

Sidious zeta helps a lot there. And if you have the Nihilus leader zeta, then low health pools aren't as big a deal. Everyone says the biggest pain in fighting my crew is Dooku because of the counters and the fact he heals so much. Pretty much the only way to beat him is a good mega nuke.