Luke event live in new zealand

Prev1
Nuttygunner
243 posts Member
edited May 2017
Copied from Reddit
Link to main thread. I am not the OP
https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/6d52w2/info_from_event_live_time_zone/

Info from event live time zone
u/pvan075

I am in New Zealand and the Luke event just went live. See info below:

Time period to complete: According to my event info page, the event is only playable during a ONE HOUR time period.

My first attempt was to do the hardest level of the event. I was only given my Luke and could not add any of my own jawas to the squad (yes, I have them all at 7*). On looking back at required units the bonus tier seems to show Luke only, though tier 3 shows Luke + jawas.

I next tried tier 1 of the event, which I completed, and received 80 jawa scavenger shards and a few bits of green gear and some credits.

At this point i was NO LONG ABLE TO ATTEMPT OTHER TIERS OF THE EVENT. The "enter battle" button now shows complete for ALL TIERS of the event. Unsure if this is working as intended, but unless you need the scavenger shards, I would recommend trying to finish the bonus tier for a zeta, or tier 3 for 15 cuffs and 15 stun guns. EDIT: looks like the event info does state that attempts are shared across tiers.

Replies

• M_L
    469 posts Member
    so basically just try the hardest tier first? i'm guessing i can't even try it. does it require 6 star or 7 star luke for hardest tier?
  • So glad I'm obsessed with Luke & had him gear 9 last year.
  • Did you get luke shards?
  • Boreas
    508 posts Member
    Sorry but if the event requires an already well developed Luke, what's the point of it?
  • Danubiss
    423 posts Member
    I'm really annoyed that once you do the first tier, you are no longer able to complete any of the others. I assumed it was a normal event where you can do them all.
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    No Luke shards as they said there would be?
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • He did state the event was coming back for him again in 3 hours
  • Muaddib
    563 posts Member
    pac0naut wrote: »

Luke shards are a 40th gift, not listed on the events rewards.
  • Muaddib wrote: »
    pac0naut wrote: »

Luke shards are a 40th gift, not listed on the events rewards.

Correct. I'm assuming we all get luke shards tomorrow, and other timezones are just getting an early run at the event, but having to use their own Luke
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    You get Event Luke for lower tiers 1-3.
    You must use your own 6* or better Luke for Bonus tier.
    The event comes back in 3 hours after the first ends.
  • Dryff
    672 posts Member
    Looks like my G11 7* Luke will come in handy :D
  • God ****, dont have luke developed.
  • Bonus tier is relatively easy. Did it with a g8 Luke. Health mods with speed arrow and cd triangle. About 204 speed.
  • REM
    153 posts Member
    ****? Who has Luke at 6*?
    This is horse manure.
  • Kenbo
    52 posts Member
    DracuLaura wrote: »
    Bonus tier is relatively easy. Did it with a g8 Luke. Health mods with speed arrow and cd triangle. About 204 speed.

That's good to hear, I have a 7* gear8 Luke :D
  • REM wrote: »
    ****? Who has Luke at 6*?
    This is horse manure.

Um, mine is 7* :P
  • DracuLaura wrote: »
    Bonus tier is relatively easy. Did it with a g8 Luke. Health mods with speed arrow and cd triangle. About 204 speed.

Good to know! I'll just swap some mods then
  • USAmazing
    1157 posts Member
    Really wish they would give use notice that we need our own Luke to complete events like this...

The description info of the event has left everyone guessing if we get a Luke or need our own Luke... No explanation and everything has been secret until event goes live, not cool at all.

My Luke is at13/50 to unlock, looks like I will not be able to complete the whole event, I really am not happy at how this is being communicated and handled by the devs.

Poor communication and promoting/explanation of up coming event...
    "You don't want to sell me death sticks... You want to go home and rethink your life. "
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
  • Pyrimis
    269 posts Member
    USAmazing wrote: »
    Really wish they would give use notice that we need our own Luke to complete events like this...

The description info of the event has left everyone guessing if we get a Luke or need our own Luke... No explanation and everything has been secret until event goes live, not cool at all.

My Luke is at13/50 to unlock, looks like I will not be able to complete the whole event, I really am not happy at how this is being communicated and handled by the devs.

Poor communication and promoting/explanation of up coming event...

Appears you'll be able to get through the first 3 tiers without your own Luke!
  • Nuttygunner
    243 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    The bonus tier is a bonus. A bonus tier is not meant to be beaten by everyone. Plus you get free Luke shards tomorrow and a million credits.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Relax. It's not like you were going to get him from 4* to 7* in the couple days between announcing the event and its start.

The event rewards people who have farmed him in the past despite the several comments already to the effect of "Who has him at 6?" There are a lot, and until tomorrow it was a waste. Let them have this one thing. You'll get it next time.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • I have just completed the event in Australia,
    You need a high starred Luke and Jawa to open the tiers, but there are lvl 85 event characters. Unfortunately my luke is horrible so I could only complete Tier 2.
    The next event for me is available in 3 hours
  • Boreas wrote: »
    Sorry but if the event requires an already well developed Luke, what's the point of it?

You get purple gear on tier 3 that you can use on other toons. It's not like Luke has unique gear that only he equips
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    The issue for me is I'm 15 shy of 5*. If they give enough to unlock, that puts me in a good spot to get a 6* Luke to complete the last tier of the event.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Danubiss wrote: »
    I'm really annoyed that once you do the first tier, you are no longer able to complete any of the others. I assumed it was a normal event where you can do them all.

I would have to agree. So the most coveted character...you get one shot...in 24 hours...

Very chincy, tacky, quite honestly.
  • Roken_Fett
    1293 posts Member
    Luckily I used Luke to unlock my 7 star Emperor. At only Gear 7 and level 60. But I'll level him to 85 for some Zeta.
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Danubiss wrote: »

I would have to agree. So the most coveted character...you get one shot...in 24 hours...

Very chincy, tacky, quite honestly.

They told you ahead of time. It said all attempts are shared across tiers.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Remember you will also need high starred Jawa to unlock the higher tiers. Long term players should have these but for the newer player they will be a roadblock.

You don't just get one shot in the 24 hour period, the event will be re-playable in 3 hours for me, and I'll see what happens in the tiers available
  • sneeekypants
    1914 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Sammyjay23 wrote: »
    Remember you will also need high starred Jawa to unlock the higher tiers. Long term players should have these but for the newer player they will be a roadblock.

You don't just get one shot in the 24 hour period, the event will be re-playable in 3 hours for me, and I'll see what happens in the tiers available

I just did I it, you actually don't need any Jawas...

Edit: It might be bugged. It allowed me to do last tier when I didn't meet the requirements and gave me all "Event Units"
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    I said this earlier, bet this will be the new norm to make people farm characters they think are useless or unworthy to farm. Tricky devs. Good on em. They put a lot of work into all characters but people just want meta meta meta.
    Next character required will be nightsister acolyte. People will scream murder lol!!