Who has Lobot?

With leadership skills now working in round 1, Lobot will be a good addition to droid teams.

Everything I am seeing on cantina and swgohdb shows his leadership skill maxing at level 6 and giving 23 speed. Not sure if this is accurate as he should be able to get to level 7 at level 70 if it follows the same pattern as every other toon.

If his leadership skill does go to level 7 and gives 25 speed, it makes a big difference. That would move IG-88 up to round 7.

I have been working on unlocking him for a while, but with only 2 hard nodes it is slow going.

Anyone out there have a Lobot with maxed leader skill?
It's a hard life pickin stones and pullin teats, but sure as gods got sandals, it beats fighting dudes with treasure trails....

Replies

• CptCaveman
    713 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    with Lobot as leader, an all droid squad may become viable. If he can get to level 7 leader ability and +25 speed and 10% potency for all droids. That +2 at level 7 makes a big difference. With it:

IG-88 will move from round 9 to round 7.

IG-86 moves from round 9 to round 8.

HK-47 moves from round 11 to round 9.

IG-100 moves from round 11 to round 9.

Lobot moves from round 10 to round 8. If his unique also works from round 1 he also gets 6% speed per droid ally, giving him an extra 24% speed. No telling when he goes, it depends on how that is all calculated and in what order bonuses are applied. It could move him into round 7.

Post edited by CptCaveman on
    It's a hard life pickin stones and pullin teats, but sure as gods got sandals, it beats fighting dudes with treasure trails....
  • Bump, would like to know myself. Right now he's at 3 stars and going nowhere fast.

Side note, lost that thread debating gs and poggle. My Poggle got me to rank two, only four with gs. Both 5* though, max gear, lvl 69. Maybe gs scales better with two more stars? Due to ease of Poggle farming, will keep with him for the interim. Sorry for side track, back to lobot!
  • Whiskey wrote: »
    Bump, would like to know myself. Right now he's at 3 stars and going nowhere fast.

Side note, lost that thread debating gs and poggle. My Poggle got me to rank two, only four with gs. Both 5* though, max gear, lvl 69. Maybe gs scales better with two more stars? Due to ease of Poggle farming, will keep with him for the interim. Sorry for side track, back to lobot!

GS goes to gear 9 and 149 speed at level 70. This gives him a chance to go first. A lot of extra damage in first round of turns, which is where it counts right now.
  • Sorry, level 72 for 25 speed.

With his poor stats (8k HP at 7* and lots of special damage when he has no special attack!) That keeps him out of contention for new meta and pushes droid team back to teir 2 or 3 in arena.
  • Been working on 6* now hoping this gets fixed
    Have to finish the droids though 88 hk
  • Question:

Why is the characters with potential to go 1st called round 7? Seems like round 1 to me
  • LoveLoveRice
    182 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    puppyCasey wrote: »
    Question:

Why is the characters with potential to go 1st called round 7? Seems like round 1 to me

Each round adds the character speed until someone gets to 1000 and has a turn if they are tied its RNG to decide. So 1000/7 is rounded to 143 until 167 which was said to be round 6. Why Poggle with 142 never goes before a character with 143.

@OP mine is only 6* and he is a rebel...
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    puppyCasey wrote: »
    Question:

Turn 7 is misleading. I have been using "tick 7" lately, more accurate
  • Rebel and Jedi teams will go before lobot droids. If you are going last anyway may well stick to the same setups. No competive Droid teams are ganna survive the qgj old Ben top ten if nothing changes. Lobot or not.
  • Jabberwocky
    1809 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    QGJ is bugged and giving double speed bonus, this will be fixed today on the second part of the update so Old Ben won't be going first.

Lobot still doesn't push droids into turn 7 but he still gives 23 speed (can't do +25 until level 72)

zmo81.png24ook6b.png
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • @Jabberwocky how is the dmg from lobot?
  • With no droids moving to tick 7 with lobot I think HK47 leader is still best. If you survive the QGJ team you get to go twice with the extra turn meter and extra crit chance.
    Hopefully they'll add some new droids with the new update
  • With no droids moving to tick 7 with lobot I think HK47 leader is still best. If you survive the QGJ team you get to go twice with the extra turn meter and extra crit chance.
    Hopefully they'll add some new droids with the new update

It is unlikely for ig88 to survive initial attack. Even if all the rest survives, without ig88 chances are not too good for a droid team.

• F2p droids team are basically not good at defending now. You can still get a good rank but ranks drop quicker due to quigon teams going first.
  • Dang, was hoping he could get to level 7 leadership. That extra 2 speed could make a difference.

Just faced a Lobot lead droid team in arena ran by my main rival. Was Lobot, HK, 88, 86, and Poe. His Poe went first and I still had no problem beating him. He usually runs HK lead with Poggle and Poe and I have trouble beating that comp if his Poe goes first.

Looks like Lobot is a no go for arena.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    xJazzx wrote: »
    F2p droids team are basically not good at defending now. You can still get a good rank but ranks drop quicker due to quigon teams going first.

They wont go first after QGJ get nerfed. Just a coin toss, as usual. Only leía csn
  • Triqui wrote: »
    xJazzx wrote: »
    F2p droids team are basically not good at defending now. You can still get a good rank but ranks drop quicker due to quigon teams going first.

They wont go first after QGJ get nerfed. Just a coin toss, as usual. Only leía csn

QGJ himself will go first for sure, maybe also Eeth Koth (if against droids - definitely Eeth Koth.
  • My droid team uses Lobot and HK, with HK as leader. I cannot imagine replacing him with Lobot's leadership ability. The speed is nice, but the turn meter gain works out to the same or more actions and can allow double-activations if your AOEs crit. Most importantly, without the bonus crit chance HK provides, neither 86 nor 88 can reliably polish off their targets in a single barrage, which makes the "give them enough speed to go first more often" plan more perilous in my eyes.
    You have to be a bit of a liar to tell a story the right way.
  • Hi CptCaveman,

finally find someone in my arena board ;P

btw I hate your and grant's team, your are the only "hard" teams on this board...

I'm working on a special team to counter your's :P
  • Kelrak wrote: »
    Hi CptCaveman,

finally find someone in my arena board ;P

btw I hate your and grant's team, your are the only "hard" teams on this board...

I'm working on a special team to counter your's :P

Haha! Good to see a fellow leaderboard mate on here. Glad my team gives ya problems ;) . Hopefully we don't share timezones.

I see Grant went back to HK lead already... Lobot is a no go.

Guess I better start working on a special team to counter the special team you are building to counter my team :D