Jedi Luke in august?

GabFonz
50 posts Member
This is not a troll post.
I noticed when they gave the shards for Luke there was a text saying he had to prepare to become a hero in august or something like that. Could this mean Jedi Luke is coming out in august in an event with farmer Luke ?

Replies

• Antares
    686 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/112405/game-update-5-23-2017

Only question is whether August refers to the forums joke or if it's actually August...but since it is in the game itself, it maybe refers to actual August...

Or maybe it's last year's August (= October)
  • Yes, I did read is as well in the update note "Where is this journey leading? And what’s in store? We’ll find out more in August."

btw, what is this August joke? I've just started playing on Nov16
  • GabFonz
    50 posts Member
    It's when the emperor event first came out and everyday there was a post about when the event would come back because it was (and still is?) written Extremely rare event and some people were answering august
  • CT5032
    55 posts Member
    Event where you might need javas?
  • Antares
    686 posts Member
    GabFonz wrote: »
    It's when the emperor event first came out and everyday there was a post about when the event would come back because it was (and still is?) written Extremely rare event and some people were answering august

Nope. This is a reference to the AAT raid release. It was promised for August, but came at the end of October (21st)

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/59440/community-update-7-29-2016

Then the community picked this up as a joke

• CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    Good times those were
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • August is when we have a Luke event that nets us Chewie shards in a cantina fight over spilled blue milk.
  • It will be in October
  • Serya
    334 posts Member
    So do we need to have Luke leveled up for this event? He is not really worth it unless a rework is coming or he is needed for an event.
  • Jedi Luke will be released.... in August.

well, the devs had the last say for THIS joke.
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    GabFonz wrote: »
    This is not a troll post.
    I noticed when they gave the shards for Luke there was a text saying he had to prepare to become a hero in august or something like that. Could this mean Jedi Luke is coming out in august in an event with farmer Luke ?

Everyone will get Jedi Luke in a week or so except you. August for you since you read into it.
  • when is august?
  • Roken_Fett
    1293 posts Member
    when is august?

So does everyone think Luke is the next "fan favorite" we are supposed to get this coming month (June) and that the "August" is the Devs having the last laugh at that running joke? Or is he really just coming in August?
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • Devs are taking August back. What I would like to know. - are this events open to any character? Or just Luke? Or both? Will the event be back In August? Or just Luke's.
    If this is a part of Luke's journey to ultimatly get Jedi Luke I really dig it. Sort of like a story mode leading up to an event. That being said with the gear payout would really be optimal if it were a weekly or bi weekly event. 15 stun guns are great but not when they are 4 months apart.
  • Antares
    686 posts Member
    Roken_Fett wrote: »
    when is august?

So does everyone think Luke is the next "fan favorite" we are supposed to get this coming month (June) and that the "August" is the Devs having the last laugh at that running joke? Or is he really just coming in August?

I am not 100% certain, but I think August was also mentioned in the game. I don't think they would put the forums joke into the game. The majority of players wouldn't get it
  • I don't think it's Jedi Luke. For now my money is on Thrawn or Jango.
  • The way it is worded does make one believe that Farmboy Luke will be required to unlock Jedi Luke.
    Empire Relic