Uneven start time for double drop events

Redwithin
6 posts Member
edited May 2017
The advantage conferred to those who have double drop reset times different from the daily activity refresh is huge.

- 3 extra cantina refreshes worth of double drop mods
- 1 extra GW worth of rewards
- Some extra light side/dark side as desired

There is absolutely no logic behind how this was done, and it's upsetting for those who can't take extra advantage of this because our daily refresh coincides exactly with double drops.

Replies

• At what time is double drop reset time?
  • Depending on your location it can vary from 10:30pm to 1am (that's what has been reported so far). They did it in batches across a few time zones at a time (e.g. India to Japan, Middle East, Europe, America are all batched separately, screwing over one time zone in each area)
  • Aarcher
    138 posts Member
    Gotta agree as someone getting the short end of the stick here. Why would this have been done this way? How could this have been easier than just setting it the same for every time zone?
    942-122-371
  • RacerDejak
    3203 posts Member
    RNG strike again
  • nskowyra
    144 posts Member
    RacerDejak wrote: »
    RNG strike again
  • So East Coast USA players where double drops change at the same time as our daily reset, only allows us to use whatever is in that 24 hour period.
    People on other time zones are getting a few hours different allowing them to take advantage of double drops 2x on say double drop because of a reset. That's uncool CG.
  • DruBacca
    119 posts Member
    I'm East Coast USA and mine didn't activate until an hour after activity reset, screwing mine up completely for the first day. Thanks EA! Glad I didn't need any holoprojectors:/
  • That's the problem with Daylight savings. My daily reset is 1AM, yours is 12AM because you didn't start playing during daylight savings or the other way around.
  • Ahwang826
    136 posts Member
    East coast people are fine as long as you finish before 1am you can get all the extras. Only cst are screwed.
  • No the double drops end at 1AM accoring to timer, my daily reset is at 1AM. So now it's not fine.

The playing field here is not fair. The double drops should start the same time for everyone relative to their daily reset, or the same time for everyone globally at the same time. Then EVERYONE has the same opportunity.

In this case, I do not have the same opportunity to take advantage of double drops as everyone else.
  • Ahwang826
    136 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Other people are getting reset at 12am so they have an hr to finish. The alt I created resets at 12am vs the 1am I am resetting at I created the alt after daylight savings had passed. I guess not all est people can benefit.
  • That's because of daylight savings time. 1/2 the year my daily reset is 1am and the other half its 12am.

Since they don't count daylight savings time those on the opposite end of it are getting the resets off.

So because of when I started playing this game, I am getting same time reset, when others are getting an hour offset and doubling up.

Completely unfair.
  • There is no end to how much you guys cry
  • There is no end to how much the general time setup of this game is beyond stupid (not talking about the flash event only)