Thanks for not telling us that we won't need our own Jawas for the Luke event

Prev13
Antares
686 posts Member
edited May 2017
I have been preemptively levelling my Jawas with the last credits/gear I had in anticipation of the Luke event. Now I learned that we can't even use our own Jawas because they are event characters. Only in tier 4 (bonus tier) you get to use your own Luke. All characters in the other tiers are event-supplied! Thanks for doing that, because now I can really benefit from this investment since I have them at G7/level 60 and I can finally use them in the AAT! Also I can finally use them for the mod challenges. Wow. Thank you!

(Not)

Replies

• It's nice to see you showing appreciation to the devs for giving you an event that rewards you with 110 shards for Scavenger, a Zeta and Cuffs with Stun Guns!
  • Antares
    686 posts Member
    It's nice to see you showing appreciation to the devs for giving you an event that rewards you with 110 shards for Scavenger, a Zeta and Cuffs with Stun Guns!

Don't need the shards, it's a single zeta mat (so nothing ground-breaking), but the gear is useful, yes. Just would like to have been informed that we wouldn't need our own Jawas...the gear/money we got from the event was in my case wasted on the Jawas threefold.
  • It's nice to see you showing appreciation to the devs for giving you an event that rewards you with 110 shards for Scavenger, a Zeta and Cuffs with Stun Guns!

This is exactly right. Even though the event hasn't opened up for me yet, the rewards seem great. I don't have a 6* Luke for the higher tier and didn't even attempt to get him there. I'm not going to complain that I didn't have enough notice to do so. Some people will just find anything to complain about. I'm still waiting for the posts about not having a credit heist so far this week!!
  • Antares
    686 posts Member
    I am not complaining about the event itself, I am complaining about myself being stupid enough to invest gear/credits before it even started...now I have lost millions of credits and gear on my Jawas which were not needed in the event.
  • wawrzon
    262 posts Member
    Antares wrote: »
    I have been preemptively levelling my Jawas with the last credits/gear I had in anticipation of the Luke event. Now I learned that we can't even use our own Jawas because they are event characters. Only in tier 4 (bonus tier) you get to use your own Luke. All characters in the other tiers are event-supplied! Thanks for doing that, because now I can really benefit from this investment since I have them at G7/level 60 and I can finally use them in the AAT! Also I can finally use them for the mod challenges. Wow. Thank you!

(Not)

My mom taught me this - if you don't have anything interesting to say, don't say anything at all...

Don't blame others for your own shortcomings. Everybody is in the same boat - deal with it.
  • Antares
    686 posts Member
    ahah...nice replies. Anyway, for anyone who reads this: you CAN'T use your own Jawas in this event. Don't invest in them for this!
  • Antares wrote: »
    I am not complaining about the event itself, I am complaining about myself being **** enough to invest gear/credits before it even started...now I have lost millions of credits and gear on my Jawas which were not needed in the event.

At least nlw you know what to do next time...
  • Naw
    969 posts Member
    It's nice to see you showing appreciation to the devs for giving you an event that rewards you with 110 shards for Scavenger, a Zeta and Cuffs with Stun Guns!

Then you realize that most of your toons require multiple full cuffs and guns, but whatever. Throw people some crumbs and they seem to get really appreciative.

• Antares
    686 posts Member
    The bottom line of this thread should be what I wrote above:

"You CAN'T use your own Jawas in this event. Don't invest in them for this!"
  • Boreas
    508 posts Member
    ahah...nice replies. Anyway, for anyone who reads this: you CAN'T use your own Jawas in this event. Don't invest in them for this!

Well, thanks for the info, but I cannot unlock tier 3 without a 5 star Jawa...
  • Antares
    686 posts Member
    Boreas wrote: »

Well then just star them. No levelling/gearing :)
  • Boreas
    508 posts Member

well, ok then :)...
  • My belief is that they did it to normalize the events a bit. Some people really struggle while others can auto them due to gear, levels but especially mods.
  • Antares
    686 posts Member

well, ok then :)...

ahah, lol
  • CrownV87
    143 posts Member
    Lvl 60 gear 7? Haha oh no u wasted so much valuable gear to get em to 7 haha what a joke, and lvl 60 maybe a million if u lvled all 5
  • Antares
    686 posts Member
    CrownV87 wrote: »
    Lvl 60 gear 7? Haha oh no u wasted so much valuable gear to get em to 7 haha what a joke, and lvl 60 maybe a million if u lvled all 5

FYI: From lvl 1 to 60, it's 1.1Mil...gear is not too bad yeah, but still a nuisance.
  • Level 60 g7 is not too bad. Perhaps you understand a little better the outcry over the weekend over those who took two jawas to level 80+ g10, g11 and used omegas on them and on Nute. That is the true travesty.
    Empire Relic
  • Veritasum
    753 posts Member
    There's always a reason to jump on the devs for just about anything. IMO, this is far from one. Seems like a notable effort to just throw something else up in the forums that comes across highly critical without any need.
  • Antares
    686 posts Member
    Level 60 g7 is not too bad. Perhaps you understand a little better the outcry over the weekend over those who took two jawas to level 80+ g10, g11 and used omegas on them and on Nute. That is the true travesty.

Indeed. Poor souls :(
  • Morwhen
    15 posts Member
    Also I can finally use them for the mod challenges. Wow. Thank you!

(Not)

You are SERIOUSLY underestimating the value of Critical Damage mods. They are some of the best mods you can actually get your hands on. And now with increased drop rates, it's even more rewarding to run those challenges. I leveled my jawas months ago just for the challenges - I was getting behind in arena running mostly health mods, and the new mods I got were a considerable upgrade.
  • NicolasRage
    1038 posts Member
    waaaaaaaaa. you poor baby.
  • RacerDejak
    3203 posts Member
    That's not bad.. still can use them afterall. Imagine if the event require 5* first order? I think i'm gonna go to my corner and cry a lot :(
  • Antares
    686 posts Member
    Morwhen wrote: »

(Not)

You are SERIOUSLY underestimating the value of Critical Damage mods. They are some of the best mods you can actually get your hands on. And now with increased drop rates, it's even more rewarding to run those challenges. I leveled my jawas months ago just for the challenges - I was getting behind in arena running mostly health mods, and the new mods I got were a considerable upgrade.

Well, maybe you are right. I usually farm Crit Chance and Speed, because I already have a couple good Crit Damage.

lol, that actually made me laugh :D

• memememe
    28 posts Member
    You can still use your jawa shards to farm crit damage mods, chill out dude sheesh
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Frankly, I see the OP's point. It seems odd that if your characters for an event are better than the "event units" - that you shouldn't at least have the option to use yours. People saying that that would give "veteran" players an advantage...ummm, isn't that the point? And it's not like people aren't completing the event anyway - even with the "lesser" event units.

I'm a baseball player and coach. Sure, I can use someone else's glove - but I like mine. I broke it in - it's just how I like it. Same with a bat. I appreciate the option of using a new bat or someone else's - but at least give me the option of using mine if yours is not quite as good.

And communication by the developers on this point (and many others) is ALWAYS appreciated.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Antares wrote: »

Because it really is just as simple as that!
  • Antares
    686 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Syfo_Diaz wrote: »

Because it really is just as simple as that!

What do you mean (can't tell if your comment is sarcasm)? To play some tiers you need 5* Jawas, but you don't get to use your own. So just bring them to 5* and forget the level and gear for the moment.

• people will always whine, its amazing... im so sick of it.
    btw, nerf chaze.
  • Crazylazyguy
    1786 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Morwhen wrote: »

(Not)

Well, maybe you are right. I usually farm Crit Chance and Speed, because I already have a couple good Crit Damage.

lol, that actually made me laugh :D

Forget about those boring crit chance mods. You need exactly 2 of them for every toons that is based on dps. The rest should be crit dmg.