so is farmboy luke needed in the long run?

M_L
469 posts Member
they gave us farmboy luke's shards, that makes me think i'll need him beyond the flash event...

i'm resigned that i won't reach 6 stars today for him, but do you guys think it's probably a good idea to 7 star him slowly in anticipation for upcoming events, or no?

Replies

• sneeyatch
    518 posts Member
    I will be - I kind of have the same feeling as you do - I only have him 4*, gear 5 at the moment but to level and gear up one more toon - it doesn't really matter to me. If it helps me get a Jedi Luke somehow - I'm on it.
  • Luke is arguably the most important hero in the SW universe. That you have not farmed him already just because of that is a travesty!

They generally don't just throw shards at us like this if we are not going to need them for something. Take it as a hint. What's the worst that can happen? You'll have a 7* Luke on your roster that you rarely use, just like all your jawas and just about every character you collected from GW shop.

He wasn't that bad when the game started, and he really is not that bad now. There are just other characters that do it better, harder, and faster.
  • CandymanJML2
    528 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    I'm thankful for the Jawa shards mainly and if the devs hid any hints about the august event then I'm sure we will need Farmboy Luke then
  • crzydroid
    7296 posts Moderator
    I mean, we needed him to unlock the event, even though we borrowed event toons. That's why they gave him to us.

Anything else is speculation.
  • There was a short time when he was just shy off arena viable, if they're planning a rework then her might reach that point once more
  • I'm not sure about long term, but for my immediate needs, this Event has given me 2 fresh bodies for my tail end GW Squads.

Luke was a staple for me early on, as he was one of the original Toons I got. He was there for the Arena, Cantina, and early GW, until my roster got bolstered.

I left him at 4*, JScav came later as a 2*. I leveled them both after just enough to be sacrificial bodies in GW to take 1 or 2 special hits, so that my main squads can go in after.

The 50 Luke shards, plus a few quick Cantina battles, he's 5*. The huge 110 JScav shards also made him 5*. I just have to gear them up a bit, so they can now be substituted in my bottom actual fighting squads in GW, and expect to do a little damage.

They don't have to hang out with NAcolyte, Bodhi, and Pao anymore. LOL. Plus it pushes my Phoenix Squad lower as they're all only 2.5*.

Also, this also got me 1 Jawa that's qualified to the Crit-Dam Mod Challenge. Just need 2 more now.
    When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

Started mid-FEB 2017, and not trying to reach the top.
  • I willl be farming him sadly.... I don't want to screw myself when the time comes we need him.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Yes he will be needed. In August... (the month, not the joke)
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member
    Most likely so...... But it's really hard to guess with ea. Not at predictable as one would expect.
  • They said he will start the hero journey to become a Jedi. So... Farm him
  • KyloRey
    871 posts Member
    Yes, you will need Luke. I'm guessing you will need a maxed out Luke to go through his journey from Farm Boy to Jedi Knight.

Luckily, I farmed him to use way back for the Emperor Palpatine event so I had him at 6* and gear 9. With the 50 shards we got, I'm only 20 shards away from 7* and only a couple gear pieces away from gear 10. I'm hoping that will be good enough in August (with good mods on him).
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    They generally don't just throw shards at us like this if we are not going to need them for something. Take it as a hint.

I better get my Chewie to 7* then.

• "Use these gifts to help Luke prepare for his Hero's Journey as he embarks on the path to become a member of the forgotten Jedi Order."

If you aren't farming Luke now you are nuts.

This is as CLEAR of a hint we ever get. You need farmer Luke for Jedi Luke.
  • I'm glad that Luke being my favorite character made me 7* him last year when I first started playing (may 2016) he was my second 7* behind Chewy (only because I got 4* Chewy day 1) he was sitting at G7 and all abilities maxed except his basic and special were not omega'd yet. I actually leveled him from 75 to 85 a couple days before the event was even announced because I use him in my first GW run team of Jyn, KassiO, Luke & Bistan.
  • Yesac
    362 posts Member
    Waqui wrote: »
    They generally don't just throw shards at us like this if we are not going to need them for something. Take it as a hint.

I better get my Chewie to 7* then.

Lol

• "Use these gifts to help Luke prepare for his Hero's Journey as he embarks on the path to become a member of the forgotten Jedi Order."

If you aren't farming Luke now you are nuts.

This is as CLEAR of a hint we ever get. You need farmer Luke for Jedi Luke.

This 100%. I am farming him. The Hero's Journey thing sealed it for me. If it's a bust then I have another seven star to throw at the rancor and tank raids. If it's not a bust I will be sitting pretty.

• The fact that we were given Luke shards, Luke gear, and ability mats to level abilities, don't you think that it's their way of saying, "look, well take you half way, you want jedi Luke? You have to take it the rest" or at least continue to play their events, maybe playing them all you would end up with a seven star max ability gear 8 Luke anyway.

Definately one way or another, he appears to be needed. I hope the next flash event needs players like st han, raid han, Leia, biggs, wedge, those kinds of characters.

Excluding chewy cause he isnt a rebel. **** ffs FIX CHEWY ;)
  • Luke is arguably the most important hero in the SW universe. That you have not farmed him already just because of that is a travesty!

They generally don't just throw shards at us like this if we are not going to need them for something. Take it as a hint. What's the worst that can happen? You'll have a 7* Luke on your roster that you rarely use, just like all your jawas and just about every character you collected from GW shop.

He wasn't that bad when the game started, and he really is not that bad now. There are just other characters that do it better, harder, and faster.

You don't use jawas? Mine crush aat P2/p4.
  • Xetal
    218 posts Member
    Farmboy Luke is super important because he is a moisture farmer.

It doesn't matter how well geared your characters are if they're dying of dehydration. If that happens it will be all Droid teams and Darth Nihilus. That is the kind of meta changing power Farmboy Luke has.
  • Very easy to gear compared to most characters - no raid gear needed to get to G11.

The inference in the game is that he will become necessary at a later stage.

What's another Rebel to gear?
  • Xetal wrote: »

It doesn't matter how well geared your characters are if they're dying of dehydration. If that happens it will be all Droid teams and Darth Nihilus. That is the kind of meta changing power Farmboy Luke has.

^^^This^^^
  • Xetal wrote: »

Moisture Farmer.... I guess that's a Sci-Fi way of saying "Water boy" then? That's been the purpose of mine this whole time for sure.
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    He is the easiest to get and gear. Mine is 7*85, g11. He was the first 11 I made. Helped me get EP .
  • EkoDroid
    152 posts Member
    If these flash events are a clue as well, then my guess is Farmboy Luke is leading his team in the Jedi Luke, Yoda Type, event. So to get a 7* Jedi Luke, you need a 7* Farmboy Luke.

So be ready to max out his leader ability as well..
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    I think you'll need certain team members helping Luke along the way.... Jawas, Ewoks, Droids, Han, Chewie, Leia, wedge Biggs, Lando, yoda m old Ben, and Anakin. They are starting us out with a flash event with jawas, maybe the next one is droid or ewok. When the Luke events drop, like EP/Yoda/R2... it could possibly be 7 tiers all with different characters needed.
  • Luke and Chewie were ironically the first two players I 7*'d. What a misguided noob I was.
  • TofuMao
    630 posts Member
    Luke and Chewie were ironically the first two players I 7*'d. What a misguided noob I was.
    Not a noob, now you don't have to invest in them as it seems that in august you'll need a strong Luke farmer to get.... new Luke??? So you have it already, can focus on other stuff like mods that no one will be farming because of getting luke, or anything to make your arena team stronger
  • Luke and Chewie were ironically the first two players I 7*'d. What a misguided noob I was.

Me too, but meow we can do the Bonus tier of this event for a Zeta. Sometimes it pays to noob.