Bye bye poe coin flip. Hello old Ben coin flip

So with the change in speed I see Jedi teams being top now, with old Ben a must.

Everyone was upset over a f2p toon being a must have. Now it's a p2w toon.

I honestly see qgj, lumi. And old Ben as must haves. The other 2 not sure of as yet, but these 3 will be in 95% of the top teams. And it's going to all come down to who's old Ben does his debuffs first.

The rage on these forms are about to be very entertaining.

Me? I have a 6* old Ben. Just need to gear him up. So be a couple days before he is ready.

Replies

• The good thing is we have Ackbar or lobot as a counter.
  • LeftyTwoGuns
    460 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    It's all fun and games until Maul destroys your entire team with one AoE and Sidious mops up the rest. But both situations are pretty rare
  • And dooku stun old ben.
  • Old Ben ksnt
    It's all fun and games until Maul destroys your entire team with one AoE and Sidious mops up the rest. But both situations are pretty rare

Haha love it
  • chimiXchanga
    26 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    There's the value of Dooku, which can stun him, Emperor Palpatin is on his way, stop whining, it's not about Old Ben.

p.s. Also, there are leaders like Ackbar which give tenacity to Rebel Allies, so Old Ben's trick could be resisted
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    It would be very funny if Ben showed up in a pack on Thursday.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Even with QGJ's leader ability Ben is still turn 2, which means he can easily be stunned by dooku.
  • Qeltar wrote: »

I agree something with you, for once.
  • Qeltar wrote: »

I wouldn't mind that :)
  • Darth Maul. Speed 94. Dead on first turn. Zero threat. With QGJ in lead my Old Ben has been getting off before Poe.

takei-lol.gif
  • With qgj lead old Ben can go before poe. As a person in my arena old Ben went before my poe. Luckily my lumi went before his old Ben and my ability block hit.

My team as of now
    Qgj lead
    Sid
    Lumi
    Poe
    FOTP.

Dooku might find his way back into the meta. Maul will not as he will die before he can get a turn. Droid teams will also not be effective anymore.

Can't wait to get my hands on Yoda as if he is as good as everything thinks he is, he should be in my line up by the end of this weekend
  • Mizo
    172 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    I see scoundrel teams becoming viable with stuns, aoe and speed buffs

How is old Ben 135 going before Poe 143?
    Every char on my team is far faster than Ben and goes before him.
    Post edited by Mizo on
  • Breetai wrote: »
    With qgj lead old Ben can go before poe. As a person in my arena old Ben went before my poe. Luckily my lumi went before his old Ben and my ability block hit.

My team as of now
    Qgj lead
    Sid
    Lumi
    Poe
    FOTP.

Dooku might find his way back into the meta. Maul will not as he will die before he can get a turn. Droid teams will also not be effective anymore.

Can't wait to get my hands on Yoda as if he is as good as everything thinks he is, he should be in my line up by the end of this weekend

Droid are going to be viable with Lobot as a leader.
  • Even with QGJ's leader ability Ben is still turn 2, which means he can easily be stunned by dooku.

Except QGJ leader skill seems bugged. He is making old ben and lumi turn 7
  • Haven't ya'll figured out yet there's always a counter? Stop trying to shift the meta...this is now the threat, that's now the threat, now THIS is the threat.

There's a counter to everything. I've been able to beat most Poe teams I come across *without* running him, and *before* I was running QGJ, too.

Play smart.

This won't impact my game at all.
    Porgatory demands fresh souls.
  • Yes yes yes. ****. I'm so **** happy. Old Ben goes 1st like a boss. Lets collect Yoda and we will rule the world.
  • moongod wrote: »
    Darth Maul. Speed 94. Dead on first turn. Zero threat. With QGJ in lead my Old Ben has been getting off before Poe.

takei-lol.gif

Count Dooku. 90% stun on Jedi. Old Ben stunned on first turn. Zero threat. With Ben stunned, Poe taunting, and Maul and Sidious AoEing, my team would be quite safe from your pitiful little band

palpatine-being-bad.png

• Findec
    121 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    moongod wrote: »
    Darth Maul. Speed 94. Dead on first turn. Zero threat. With QGJ in lead my Old Ben has been getting off before Poe.

takei-lol.gif

Count Dooku. 90% stun on Jedi. Old Ben stunned on first turn. Zero threat. With Ben stunned, Poe taunting, and Maul and Sidious AoEing, my team would be quite safe from your pitiful little band

palpatine-being-bad.png

Doe QGJ with leader not outspeed Dooku?
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Breetai wrote: »
    Droid teams will also not be effective anymore.
    Anyone with droid teams: I apologize, this is my fault, because I started farming IG-86 and IG-88 last week. :)

Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Findec wrote: »

Obi Wan won't outspeed Dooku with QGJ buff
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Breetai wrote: »
    With qgj lead old Ben can go before poe. As a person in my arena old Ben went before my poe. Luckily my lumi went before his old Ben and my ability block hit.

My team as of now
    Qgj lead
    Sid
    Lumi
    Poe
    FOTP.

Droid are going to be viable with Lobot as a leader.

Nop. If speed goes as we think it goes, no Droid reaches the 143 break point with Lobot at current level. And next level cap QGJ will give speed to everybody, so he will lead all teams regardless of faction
  • Breetai wrote: »
    So with the change in speed I see Jedi teams being top now, with old Ben a must.

Everyone was upset over a f2p toon being a must have. Now it's a p2w toon.

I honestly see qgj, lumi. And old Ben as must haves. The other 2 not sure of as yet, but these 3 will be in 95% of the top teams. And it's going to all come down to who's old Ben does his debuffs first.

The rage on these forms are about to be very entertaining.

Me? I have a 6* old Ben. Just need to gear him up. So be a couple days before he is ready.

I mean, at least with Ben it's only a 65% chance to remove meter.

And you're forgetting about the Mace Windu rework, also.
  • I too farmed poe, ig88 and ig86 after the cg update notes were posted.
  • @LeftyTwoGuns 90% = 1% in EA math. Duh B)
  • Findec wrote: »

Obi Wan won't outspeed Dooku with QGJ buff

Can't QGJ one-shot Dooku?