Luke Skywalker promoting

Hi! I'm very new to SWGoH (2-3 weeks or so playing it) and I find it really amusing! Well, I started farming Luke's shards in the Cantina battle 1-B and was able to unlock him. I was also farming Sidious shards so that I could have a team synergy, since Sid's leader ability really benefits Luke. But I don't seem people really valuing late Luke. I'm a F2P player that is currently level 44. I'm trying to decide between farming Luke shards to get him to 7* or farming JC shards, as he is regarded as one of the best healers late into the game. What is the best strategy? Long term it seems to me that JC is better, but since I'm currently not able to get past rank 200 in arena long might provide me with an extra immediate boost. Any sort of general help would be very valuable, as I want to really progress into the game! All characters I currently have: http://imgur.com/a/urx26

Thanks!

Replies

• JC is more valuable for GW than Arena. Once you get to the higher levels slot arena, there is too much damage going on for the healers to keep up. I do use my 4* JC in my main GW lineup at level 67 and he helps me clear 9 out of 10 days. Though it will be interesting to see how viable he is the next few days as all Jedi teams got buffed today.

I did the same thing as you when I started and I farmed Luke Skywalker immediately because he was cool but I never use him anymore. I would recommend Geonosian Soldier out of cantina shipments if you are worried about Arena only. GS does more damage than Luke and his secondary attack can be used every other turn.
  • l3end3r
    895 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    I have 7* Luke and 7* JC. Luke is better for PVP and JC is better for GW. I don't regret either, and can make #1 in arena with Luke, although he is probably the Achilles Heal of the team.

As mentioned above, GS is generally the better damage dealer. At times I wish I had him instead, but my team works quite well, and I actually think his leader ability might make him viable for my next team... A tenacity build starring Luke(lead), Poe, Rey, QGJ, and Lumi

I'd recommend JC to 7* over Luke. He's not that much weaker in PVP and will help you clear GW everyday to farm Lumi, Poggle, Phasma, etc. as a f2p player, this will be the most important area to farm for you, since it's the fastest you can get characters and there are at least 4 that you can start in PVP from that area Lumi, Poggle, Phasma and 86. Resistance pilot is also pretty good
  • ****, that was fast! Thanks a lot, both of you. I will indeed focus on my JC, as he is considerably easy for me to farm ATM. About the Cantina Shipments, I'm currently focused on buying Poe Shards to try to get him to 7* ASAP, as he is very valuable in arena. And I've been struggling a bit with GW, I was only able to reach the final wing once. But I hope I can go further now. Thanks!
  • Doga
    808 posts Member
    Affording to what I've read here with the new update leader ability will pop on turn one, however playing against a Phasma team were the first attack called an assist I am not it hadn't been in game already and maybe only speed meter change started on the second round. My point is that after the update toons with leader abilities that offer a boost to speed will be the likely meta and we'll have to see who gets shaken out.

But regarding Luke, ackbar would give Luke speed boost, not sure if enough to go in round one but possibly and may make him useful again, team with Holth rebel scout and maybe even solider and if they ever put Leia in play it could potentially be quite powerful