Soloing rancor post fix

...so any advice on this would be greatly apreciated

I used zader zaul zavage sidious and EP with a 80% chance completion rate but since the fix I just can't do it

if anyone has any advice ... thinking jyn or the frenzy guy but IDK

also any advice on auto would be great

I have a pretty big collection jyn is at 6 * atm working on doku - 6* too, good mods with speed sec

Thankyou

Replies

• crzydroid
    7252 posts Moderator
    Yeah, I think you need Jyn and either Bistan or Teebo.

Maybe Zader, Sidious, Jyn, TFP, and Teebo, Rex, or QG.
  • its been done already with zader jyn teebo tarkin and i was shore or RG i forget which
  • I did with zader lead, tfp, jyn, r2 and teebo

just long as fudge
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    I did it for my first time ever the day after the fix with:

Teebo (l), Phasma, FOO, TFP and Rex.

Teebo, Phasma and FOO are the core of this team, while TFP and Rex may be replaced with similar toons, you have. One weakness is that FOO doesn't have any health steal, should you be unlucky to have the Rancor take a turn.

My Jynn is not geared yet, and Bistan not even 7, so I can't give you advice there.

Previously I have also reached p4 using Teebo(l), EE, QGJ, TFP and Phasma. EE doesn't remove any TM, but instead he grants it to allies on his basic. I have had 1 attempt trying ti fit in ewok scout instead of QGJ, but it went horribly wrong, so I never tried it again. However, it might work with better mods than mine (only 55% chance to remove TM, but he receives massive amounts of TM due to ewok synergy. His TM removal is a bit more chunky than Rex' reliable one.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    crzydroid wrote: »
    Yeah, I think you need Jyn and either Bistan or Teebo.

Maybe Zader, Sidious, Jyn, TFP, and Teebo, Rex, or QG.

Jyn (l), Bistan AND Teebo, together with two high critting rebels (Wiggs f.ex.).
  • Vondy
    77 posts Member
    If it helps, I solo'ed manually with the following team (took about 35 minutes):

image.png

I only used throw during topple to be safe. Tarkin's TM reduction comes in handy and perhaps most crucial is his offense / crit chance down special which helps tremendously with survivability.
  • Do you think zader, tarkin, magmatrooper, tfp and emperor Palpatine would work? All over 190 speed.
  • I used zader, dn, tfp, jyn, bistan and soloed first attempt. Since then i have lost it in p4 with about 30% left 3 times and lost it in p3 today. The p4 30% scores were around 9.3-9.5 million

Once jyn and bistan get resisted in same turn you are in trouble. I have bistan at 102% potency and he gets a 10% bonus from jyn and he still gets resisted.
  • Gwonk
    238 posts Member
    I use Teebo, Jyn, Cassian, TFP, R2 and am 4 for 4 on soloing.
  • I used Vader, rex, tfp, teebo and qgj last raid.
    Didn't swap any good mods on tfp, teebo or qgj but made it lol. Got hit twice in p1...none in p2 or p3 and p4 he was constantly hitting me.
    4O7HNrg.jpg
    TroGjxt.jpg
  • Valace21
    90 posts Member
    Vader, TFP, Nihilus, Rex, an Jyn worked for me
  • bisto_760
    236 posts Member
    What kind of speeds are you guys running on your characters?
  • EmeraldZx
    176 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    I plan to use Jyn and Bistan in a Zader squad, with Palps Zid and TFP. The strategy for maximum security is that Bistan will frenzy and ONLY Jyn will use her Trancheon until frenzy expires, in which everyone jumps in to do specials, and if I have enough dots, a culling blade with advantage and offense up. The Jyn and Bistan synergy goes as follows:

Jyn trancheons, rancor's TM reduced, Bistan follows up with a DoT

Jyn trancheons and gets resisted by rancor, Bistan follows up and reduces TM.

Once frenzy expires, Jyn trancheons and gives 100% Tm to reduce the cooldown of frenzy.

This method is very effective, since my Bistan is only 6* gear 7. He dies fast but in a run I typically revive him about 4-7 times. I don't really get how to put in screenshots but I dealt 10.2 million on a T6 rancor, which is much harder than T7 because there's like 5m health per phase vs 2m. My peak was a 800k culling blade, which I also have a pic of but unsure how to input
  • what about this Zader, tarkin,magma trooper, tie pilot and rex? think that'll do?
  • Ty all I'm learning a lot, unfortunetly TFP seems to be in all the squads I have him at 5 stars, guess I'll need to farm him after all, I skiped him to catch on to sith meta lol

To the one asking about speed the rule was 200 Avf like rex could have 230 and vader 170 ish, numbers aren't exact but bellow 180 avg (all 5 character speeds added and then divided by 7 = avg) you will get hit

as it stands I'm a few raids away from jyn, is there any workaround so you don't use TFP? i'm thinking dengar is the only one with tenacity down - wich seems to be a backbone, but I don't have him maxed either. Auch.
  • EmeraldZx
    176 posts Member

as it stands I'm a few raids away from jyn, is there any workaround so you don't use TFP? i'm thinking dengar is the only one with tenacity down - wich seems to be a backbone, but I don't have him maxed either. Auch.

Unless you have a 7* Krennic and stagger actually works on ranc (i.e. not immune)
  • EmeraldZx wrote: »

Unless you have a 7* Krennic and stagger actually works on ranc (i.e. not immune)

Guess TFP will be ... eventually

TY all for the insight lots of things learned