Buff/Debuff/counterattack interaction potential bug

Woodroward
3749 posts Member
edited May 2017
So I have noticed in the past having a K2S0 dazed will let him still counterattack if he takes the turn immediately following someone attacking him and the daze drops off on his turn.

Today I attacked 5s with R2D2 while he was in stealth. The stealth dropped off on the end of R2D2's turn and 5s counter attacked him. I am positive it was a counter attack and not him taking his turn because the text flashed and his tm was not full.

These 2 events say to me that the counter attack check seems to be happening too late in the end of action events. It should be rolled whether or not it happens before buffs and debuffs expire, but should actually happen after they expire (at least for buffs/debuffs that are erased by damage like advantage, foresight, expose, stagger, hereafter referred to as temporary buffs/debuffs, all other buffs/debuffs should expire after the counterattack has finished all its checks and its action). There could/should certainly be a second check after the temporary buffs/debuffs change, but only if the first check was successful.

At least that's my take. I posted this in general discussion to see if anyone else could corroborate similar events and for other points of view on how it could be broken.

So... Anybody else noticed this?

Replies

• Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    So nobody else has noticed these things happening then?

Ah too bad. It got moved before it got any responses.
  • I have noticed this!
    But only with the enemy Dooku, when he had every right, and no reasons, not to counter.
    I then smashed his face into the floor before he realized this because he was under a DN lead and I hate that so much.
    Ahhh it felt nice
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    So, just to reiterate:

The counter attack check seems to be occurring too late in the end turn sequence of events.

Example:

Characters that were stealthed when they attacked but it dropped off at the end of their turn are getting counterattacked.
    Post edited by Woodroward on