Congratulations First Galactic Empire on beating heroic AAT

Yeah, another one of those "Congratulations"-posts, but I'm demn proud of my guild so here we go :smile:

It has been a long journey since the AAT came out. As a former top 50 guild we saw some good guildies leave since playing the game for a year made them move to new games or other hobbies (we still miss you Cazaan and mk78!).
Then ofcourse the poaching started and our complete top 7 left to other guilds that had hAAT already on farm. This left us with a guild of around 35 active members from which 3 or 4 nearly could do 1M in the hAAT. That was our starting position this January.
We took the super-team strategy as our bible and decided to attempt hAAT once each month to see how we progressed. We kept recruiting new members who would rather be part of a soon-to-be-heroic guild than jump on a fast-riding train and showed them this game can be relaxed, fun and competitive at the same time. After 4 hAAT attempts we saw we were nearly there and decided to wait 3 weeks instead of 4 for our next attempt.
We started our attempt 26th of May 18:00 GMT +1 and this morning when I woke up I saw we beat it!!

For us this is an immense feat and it shows that loyalty does not have to mean defeat, in this game. The continuous chat about strategies, sharing of posts made on this forums (thnx for that!) and thrash talk, bragging who does the most damage in nAAT and hAAT-attempts resulted in beating hAAT.

Let this be a message to all those nAAT guilds who periodically attempt to make the jump to hAAT: YOU WILL GET THERE!!! And let me tell you, it makes your gamer heart jump a little when you do. Getting there with your guild mates with whom you shared much already in this game, feels better than jumping on a riding train with strangers (at least it feels for me).

Great job @squawk12oo, @Acrofales, @GlitterOutlaw, @theGunslinger, @Homer88, @ZGMFX10A, @Ishgar, on to the next one!! (I probably forget a few, but not intentionally).

Replies

• Lugo
    417 posts Member
    Nice Job. Congratz
  • Klocko
    1017 posts Member
    Grats guys! That first HAAT win is a great feeling.
  • Thnx guys! Great feeling indeed. Shows me this game, despite its flaws, knows how to provide you with a challenge that's great to overcome.
  • Acrofales
    1363 posts Member
    That was awesome! Let's do it again! :D
  • Globuhl
    751 posts Member
    Good job guys! I hope my guild will be there too, we are working on it, that is for sure.
  • Nice job there:) Welcome to the GK grind
  • nB_
    34 posts Member
    Awesome, congrats :smile:
  • Congrats guys. It took some falling out and a merge to get us to HAAT but we got it on farm in the end and wound up with a really solid guild as a result. I take my hat off to you for getting there without merging. The first one is always the hardest, you'll be breezing through it in an hour soon enough.
  • Congratulations! Nothing better than first time finishing HAAT. Great job guy!
  • PoederAmon
    259 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Thnx all!
    Congrats guys. It took some falling out and a merge to get us to HAAT but we got it on farm in the end and wound up with a really solid guild as a result. I take my hat off to you for getting there without merging. The first one is always the hardest, you'll be breezing through it in an hour soon enough.

Thank you. Believe me, we considered all possibilities (leaving, merging, stricter guild rules etc.), but in the end we stuck together and had a few players sacrificing their arena rank in favor of building 2 or 3 super teams.
    Breezing through you say... I can't wait to see how much easier it's gonna be (if at all soon). However, I do hope we will be getting such a challenge soon. It was great to experience true cooperation in this game.
  • IJL_DR
    41 posts Member
    Congrats to you guys! My guild has gone thru a similar series of events with strongest players leaving for heroic guilds. A few months back I was down to 35 and ready to give up but slowly been rebuilding and now back to 50. We've also started testing our guild against hAAT once a month. Hopefully we will be joining you guys with hAAT success stories soon!
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    gratz! always nice to see a guild stick together and eventually tackle hAAT.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Sunnie1978
    2937 posts Moderator
    Congrats!
  • Finally got my first Kenobi shards thanks to our fine leaders, happy to be in this guild!
  • Congrats guys. The guild I am in is on it's third attempt, and I think this one is going to do it. We were at 5% of P3 remaining last I checked. It is a ton of work building up to be able to do HAAT, but it's worth it for the feeling of accomplishment.
  • WompWompRat
    1833 posts Member
    Great job, the first is always the hardest but once you guys get the hang of it .. then it's all good
  • Good job. Love reading stuff like this!
  • Congrats!
  • IJL_DR wrote: »
    Congrats to you guys! My guild has gone thru a similar series of events with strongest players leaving for heroic guilds. A few months back I was down to 35 and ready to give up but slowly been rebuilding and now back to 50. We've also started testing our guild against hAAT once a month. Hopefully we will be joining you guys with hAAT success stories soon!
    Good luck, you'll get it eventually! If you want any advice or info on how we did it, just let me know!
    Congrats guys. The guild I am in is on it's third attempt, and I think this one is going to do it. We were at 5% of P3 remaining last I checked. It is a ton of work building up to be able to do HAAT, but it's worth it for the feeling of accomplishment.
    Agreed, it's a ton of work. But with the right ppl it can be a joint effort and a real cooperative experience, unmatched in this game. Better than any Rancor raid or nerfed nAAT!

If I may give my advice, I would recommend that the bigger players save some good squads (Zader, Resistance) for p3 and let the smaller guildmates throw everything they have at it in p2 except their rebel squad. Thrash teams seem to do more dmg in p2 than in p3. So the strong comps can make the difference in bridging p3.
    NKNecrosis wrote: »
    Good job. Love reading stuff like this!
    I know, right! Although it felt great to be on the writing side this once :-)
  • Sev74907
    211 posts Member
    Good job man! Second best feeling is when you unlock GK. I just unlocked him and was the first in my guild to do so. Great feeling! Looking forward to when the rest of my guild mates do it.
  • Well done guys!!
  • Congrats! We just completed our 1st a few weeks ago. It's an awesome feeling, especially when your guild stuck together after a failure. Seeing GK move from 0/145 to 6/145 and so on is pretty sweet
  • well done my guild is not that far behind
  • Very proud of my Guild! Big congrats to my officers who help me a lot with advice and direction to our members. Congrats to those members who have grown in our guild to the heavy hitters they are now. Through power, I gain Victory. Through Victory, my chains are broken.
  • Tiggus
    766 posts Member
    Congrats, my neighbours (many of you are on my Arena shard). Next time I move guilds, I should drop by and say hello :)
    ☮ Consular ☮ - https://swgoh.gg/u/tiggus/