First Impressions about the Update

obiwan1011
396 posts Member
edited February 2016
The long-anticipated update is out! What are your thoughts?

The Good

1. The additional gear information is much appreciated
2. Health steal is now working (but no stats available on the Character information page...)
3. Scroll down bar available - which eliminates any confusion about why an ability cannot be upgraded
4. Bronzium screen clearly shows what can be pulled - though the long scroll for the Possible Item is not too sleek
5. More information about your allies is nice... but doesn't really provide much value. What about MY info (i.e. Arena win-loss) or the ability to allocate which hero(es) can be shared?
6. Retreat in GW can be done at any time - i.e. no longer requiring the opponent to make at least one move - easier to do reloads
7. Lumi's stance has been changed. She looks more aggressive and in combat ;)

The Bad

1. 10:1 ratio for the Shard Shop? Really??? No one will find much use for the Shard Shop - the exchange rate is too high for an average player while whales who already have most heroes maxed out will have little use other than the mysterious Shard Shop-exclusive hero
2. The Characters screen looks very clumsy and cluttered because of the small gear icons - prefer the old format which looked much cleaner
3. CG has generally shrunk the size of various icons such as the Shard icon in the Shipments - again, I prefer the old, larger icons
4. Animation for some heroes looks very jittery. For example, Dooku looks like doing some weird break dance move than attacking
5. More numbers being overlapped and displayed during attacks. Looks cluttered

6. This is probably more personal preference, but I am not too fond of having every bit of intelligence about your opponent in the Arena. No surprises, no suspense and even more advantage to the attacker. Holding ranks will be more difficult and will require more crystal refreshes

Post edited by obiwan1011 on

Replies

• What's up with the 'events'? When I go there, it is the same 2 keycard battles as always, only the keycard are gone. I'm confused...
  • What's up with the 'events'? When I go there, it is the same 2 keycard battles as always, only the keycard are gone. I'm confused...

I asked this same question in another thread but now I can't find the thread to see if anyone answered.
  • BBeight
    22 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    EA_Jesse wrote:
    Yeah, there are a number of things that won't be live tomorrow until the forced update that puts everyone on the same game version. Key Card battles are going away completely tomorrow and will be replaced with a new event.

Here is the answer.

• What is HP steal?
  • Just claimed my first bonus energy.

You've got an hour left to claim that 45 free energy, unfortunately no free Cantina energy
    Roger roger