Great Discussion on Raid Tickets

Rockstar
72 posts Member
There's currently a great discussion on Raid Tickets and the mechanics of getting 30k everyday going on over at Reddit. Currently trending as the hottest thread on the sub.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/6dqrhb/qol_request_guilds_can_we_stop_the_raid_ticket/?st=J38DKOCU&sh=0309439d

Replies

• Rockstar
    72 posts Member
    @EA_Jesse , @CG_Kozispoon

Please take a look and give us a little consideration on the idea.
  • Riktoven
    144 posts Member
    only read the first 3 or 4 posts, but YES PLEASE!
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    It's interesting but they won't make any changes like this, because then not everyone will spend a refresh. People that would spend enough crystals to make a 1k cap or whatever would spend it any way. The current system make every single person spend at least 1, and that's the goal.

Please fix the counters.
  • Rockstar
    72 posts Member
    So with the current system, you have people who spend and people who don't.

With the proposed system all those people will remain in their current category, however a higher cap means that occasionally those that are already inclined to spend will spend more when necessary because there is a direect reward to it.

I'm failing to see the downside to either party (developer or player).
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Rockstar wrote: »
    So with the current system, you have people who spend and people who don't.

With the proposed system all those people will remain in their current category, however a higher cap means that occasionally those that are already inclined to spend will spend more when necessary because there is a direct reward to it.

I'm failing to see the downside to either party (developer or player).

But in the current system people have to spend crystals to be in a competitive guild, and in a system with a larger cap they wouldn't have to.

And yes those that will spend will do so....in the long run the current system cause more players to spend, but may not lead to more crystals over all. Getting more players to spend crystals keeps more players trying to get more crystals which keeps up the competitive edge of the game. I believe it's more a numbers game on the player end then a crystals for revenue angle.
  • Rockstar
    72 posts Member
    The spend requirement is one 50 crystal buy to max out 600. Even the lowest tiers in arena get that free everyday.

I think the player base increases as more people are able to access more content. Always having something to do keeps you always playing.

But with a higher or eliminated personal energy cap, you have more to do with the side effect that people who spend will spend more.

Heck, they might even get that lunatic hermit who starts a guild for himself and spends $50 - $100 a day in crystals just to solo rancor every other day as a bonus.