F2p strat now with speed changes ?

I was going to begrudgingly start using my cantina shards to star a fully leveled and geared Poe but now I'm not sure what to do. My GW team is good to go so pvp is all that's left to focus on. My current pvp team is 7 lumi, Sid, 5s, phasma and 3 star Poe. It ain't the best but until everyone started using Poe I was cracking top 50.

my instinct is to bank shards and sit tight and and see what happens rather than diving into qui gon but I'm curious what other f2p are going to do.

Replies

• I'm farming qg now simply for the Yoda event. With luck I'll have five 5* before the end. Then I'll star the rest up at my leisure
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Jedi.. QGJ. Poe is still worth leveling to 5
  • KamikazeRhombus
    1412 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    I am just going to continue working on a droid team (just started) and watch the thread linked below closely. Once my Poe is up to 5* I was going to switch to QGJ anyways.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/11314/leader-speed-buff-is-broken-speed-bonus-is-being-added-twice/p1

Judging by what others are saying it might just be that QGJ is applying his speed boost twice (so +46 speed instead of +23). If this was true I'd expect to see a patch addressing it soon. Also, F2P likely don't have Old Ben right now who could ability block Poe.
  • Zekex
    474 posts Member
    edited February 2016

Judging by what others are saying it might just be that QGJ is applying his speed boost twice (so +46 speed instead of +23). If this was true I'd expect to see a patch addressing it soon. Also, F2P likely don't have Old Ben right now who could ability block Poe.

poe always moves before old ben. he's never ever going to ability block poe with his sloth speed. plus poe still has pretty high tenacity pre-update.
  • QGJ (L), Yoda, Old Ben, Aayla and Anakin

$2-3000 down and then completely free to play :)
  • Yendor wrote: »
    QGJ (L), Yoda, Old Ben, Aayla and Anakin

That's crazy talk!

Use Kit in place of Anakin for the Offence up buff, multi attack and the assist chance.. :)
  • Zekex wrote: »

poe always moves before old ben. he's never ever going to ability block poe with his sloth speed. plus poe still has pretty high tenacity pre-update.

I meant with the glitch/fix to QGJ's leader ability. It now applies to first turn and people are reporting that he is going before Poe. This is why people don't know if it's a glitch or fix because in order for him to go before Poe he would need more than the +23 speed. I have not seen this myself though.
  • Feng
    161 posts Member
    I wonder if Poe is still worth investing in ??
  • Zekex wrote: »

I meant with the glitch/fix to QGJ's leader ability. It now applies to first turn and people are reporting that he is going before Poe. This is why people don't know if it's a glitch or fix because in order for him to go before Poe he would need more than the +23 speed. I have not seen this myself though.

I've seen it and its nasty. Full team going before my poe made me sad and confused

• BentWookie wrote: »
    That's crazy talk!

Use Kit in place of Anakin for the Offence up buff, multi attack and the assist chance.. :)

While I like this idea since I have a 6* Kit, but Ani is still unlocked, looking at their abilities it looks like you get:

Anakin
    Much faster speed
    slightly stronger attack
    Healing and Buff immunity for 2 turns on his basic
    Offense up if he kills with his special
    90% turn meter and 50% damage each time an ally dies

versus Kit:
    30% for a second attack
    AoE
    chance for Potency up
    35% counter chance

I'm thinking Ani is the better of the two?

• Yendor wrote: »
    Zekex wrote: »

I've seen it and its nasty. Full team going before my poe made me sad and confused

Thankfully I knew of this before arena time so I avoided QGJ led teams like the plague.
  • LoveLoveRice
    182 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    BentWookie wrote: »
    Yendor wrote: »

That's crazy talk!

Kit is trash. IT says high damage attacker, but Lumi's basic is better than his 30% at 2 hits with no crits. Also his AOE is like a fart to the face, it stinks. Plus with QGJ as lead it puts Anakin to tier 7 speed, as kit is still tier 8.
  • I think I'll keep working on Poe, Kylo and ig 86 and then transition to qui gon and hope There is another interesting character added to GW shards eventually. I've noticed storm trooper Han creeping into squads lately too so that's a possibility as well.
  • BentWookie wrote: »

That's crazy talk!

Kit is trash. IT says high damage attacker, but Lumi's basic is better than his 30% at 2 hits with no crits. Also his AOE is like a fart to the face, it stinks. Plus with QGJ as lead it puts Anakin to tier 7 speed, as kit is still tier 8.

Lol O.K./Spoken like someone that has read about them rather than used them both @7* G8. :#

Whatever, maybe when Anakin gets "fixed". He might be better, but so far he is the only Jedi I regret putting mats into.

• LoveLoveRice
    182 posts Member
    edited February 2016

That's crazy talk!

Lol O.K./Spoken like someone that has read about them rather than used them both @7* G8. :#

Whatever, maybe when Anakin gets "fixed". He might be better, but so far he is the only Jedi I regret putting mats into.
    I regret everything about him. my 6* Anakin is not geared up, but as long as his auto is better, that's all I need him for. Its better with less abilities the AI cant mess it up as much.
    Screenshot_2016_02_09_20_58_04.png

I am curious is someone has a maxed out Anakin, if his damage is bad? With QGJ he is the same speed bracket as POE and that's something.