Tenacity up should mirror Potency up

Prev1
slickdealer
1801 posts Member
If you are not aware, these buffs do not match. Potency Up provides a flat 50% potency boost that is additive with your character sheet potency.

Tenacity Up is nearly a million, effectively preventing all debuffs.

Tenacity Up should also be 50%.

-Still an effective buff without directly nerfing any single toon.
-Opens up new teams based on debuffs.
-Would make Tenacity mods worthwhile. Right now there is no need for Tenacity if you have a toon with the buff.

Lots of cool toons have been added with stagger, daze, deathmark, etc. Give us an opportunity to use them!

Replies

• Boreas
    508 posts Member
    +1
  • NahWillis
    195 posts Member
    At the very least, there should still be a 15% chance to apply a debuff even with tenacity up, just as there is a 15% chance to resist even with tenacity down.

Tenacity up is broken and it's turning arena battles into not very fun slogs, especially when Zarriss is around. And I'm not salty because I lose, the matches aren't hard and are very predictable, they're just dull.
  • Razor053
    70 posts Member
    If you are not aware, these buffs do not match. Potency Up provides a flat 50% potency boost that is additive with your character sheet potency.

-Would make Tenacity mods worthwhile. Right now there is no need for Tenacity if you have a toon with the buff.

Lots of cool toons have been added with stagger, daze, deathmark, etc. Give us an opportunity to use them!

^ this
    Despite people crying about nerfs
    Adjusting tenacity up in such a way opens the door for a lot of other squads and characters to compete in arena
  • Totally agree, the buff shouldnt provide IMMUNITY to everything, just a greater chance of resist. The game will be much better.
  • REM
    153 posts Member
    Yeah, right now Tenacity Up is really debuff immunity.
    I hope the devs will eventually consider making it at least possible to get some debuffs in, even if the odds are low.

The game would be a lot better.
  • scuba
    14044 posts Member
    REM wrote: »
    I hope the devs will eventually consider making it at least possible to get some debuffs in, even if the odds are low.

Tenacity Down, the real opposite of tenacity up, can be applied thru tenacity down and render it nothing.
    Need a character that has AoE tenacity down.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    scuba wrote: »

Tenacity Down, the real opposite of tenacity up, can be applied thru tenacity down and render it nothing.

maybe an AOE Opposite effect....baze on crack.
  • scuba
    14044 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »

That would be crazy!

Tenacity Up is the opposite of Tenacity Down which also changes stats by an equal amount.

Also, you are asking to change something existing for a year? Really?

Tenacity Up is the opposite of Tenacity Down which also changes stats by an equal amount.

Zader fix.....
  • BrtStlnd
    1094 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »

It'd basically be a reverse "Negotiator". The ability already exists in the game we just need the dark side version of it.
  • slickdealer
    1801 posts Member

Improving the game should take precedence.
  • It's really simple let me break it down for you guys.

Offense up: +50% offense
    Offense down: -50% offense

Defense up: +50% defense
    Defense down: -50% defense

Critical chance up: +25% critical chance
    Critical chance down: -25% critical chance

Tenacity up: +10000000% tenacity (immune)
    Tenacity down: -25% tenacity

Totally makes sense u see.
  • REM
    153 posts Member
    :D
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member

offense down and defense down seem to do the same to offense up and defense up
    Dengar's AoE inflicts tenacity down as long as it can crit
  • Asic
    1146 posts Member
    Agree but won't ever.
    It's a massive game flaw that has been officially overlooked
  • scuba
    14044 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    It's really simple let me break it down for you guys.

In correct you are

Let me Correctly break it down for you.
    Tenacity up +999900% tenacity
    o6CV7jG.jpg

Tenacity Down - 999900% tenacity
    nIhYu9u.jpg
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    I would rather see potency up changed to always inflict negative effects, and if the opponent has tenacity up neither buff has any effect. In other words I would rather not see tenacity up changed
  • scuba
    14044 posts Member
    Allenb60 wrote: »

offense down and defense down seem to do the same to offense up and defense up
    Dengar's AoE inflicts tenacity down as long as it can crit

That's how great dengar is.... I forgot he has AoE tenacity down.
  • scuba
    14044 posts Member
    I would rather see potency up changed to always inflict negative effects, and if the opponent has tenacity up neither buff has any effect. In other words I would rather not see tenacity up changed

They (dev) originally wanted tenacity down to be never resist. Something about the coding there is always a 15% chance to resist.

However a buff that makes all debuffs be unresistable would be pretty interesting. Since it is a buff to your team it would have to dispelled and it is very easy to make opponents waste dispells.
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    edited May 2017

They (dev) originally wanted tenacity down to be never resist. Something about the coding there is always a 15% chance to resist.

However a buff that makes all debuffs be unresistable would be pretty interesting. Since it is a buff to your team it would have to dispelled and it is very easy to make opponents waste dispells.

That sounds very useful. If a buff like that does get added I hope it works like advantage (only good for one attack that inflicts debuffs) so it isn't totally better than potency up
    Post edited by Allenb60 on

tenacity down is -9900000 I think.

tenacity down is -9900000 I think.

You guys are missing the point that anyone even with 0% tenacity against an atacker with 100% potency still has some base % chance of resisting an effect. The opposite is basically immunity that doesnt leave some space for our beloved RNG to work.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Make Potency Up "Next debuff is Unable to be Resisted" and be like advantage where it lasts 2 turns, but if you use it to apply a debuff on the first turn it goes away. But if your first turn you are stunned/don't apply any debuffs it's not used up.
  • Couldn't agree more with the OP... and imo its the reason why we're seeing issues around toons such as Rex
  • tmntguy86
    446 posts Member
    edited May 2017

+1
    NahWillis wrote: »
    At the very least, there should still be a 15% chance to apply a debuff even with tenacity up, just as there is a 15% chance to resist even with tenacity down.

+1
    A_Junior91 wrote: »
    Totally agree, the buff shouldn't provide IMMUNITY to everything, just a greater chance of resist. The game will be much better.

+1

An AOE tenacity down ability is a very interesting idea.

Tenacity down is not a true opposite of tenacity up as shown below. Read my following comments below for my thoughts on the state of this.

In correct you are

o6CV7jG.jpg

nIhYu9u.jpg

Let me also correct that for you scuba... from the battle I just did...

https://imgur.com/a/e2v1i

It only "minimizes" the chance of a resisting a debuff. Therefore, this is not the true opposite of tenacity up where it gives 100% chance to resist debuffs.

If tenacity up is guaranteed to prevent all debuffs (minus the few in the game that cannot be resisted) then tenacity down should guarantee all debuffs will land (except for those that are immune such as Jyn immune to stuns).

And for folks complaining about Nihilus force drain working through tenacity up...

https://imgur.com/a/THUla

Kozispoon said this IS WAI. The way it is currently set up seems like it should also have the frazing that this is not able to be to resisted. Much like other abilities are in the game. As it is, there's a 50% chance to increase / not increase ability cooldowns when no debuffs are present. Against a Rex, Chirrut, Yoda types set of teams, Nihilus would become useless if he still didn't have a 50% chance to increase. It's next to impossible to keep debuffs on the board against cleansing teams. Teams that seem to cleanse every other turn.

However, if for some reason they decide to change this which I would not agree with, then perhaps toons that cleanse such as Rex, Chirrut, GK should also have to go through a potency check to cleanse everything. If there needs to be a potency AND tenacity check to land a debuff, why not at least a potency check to clear the debuff?
  • DarthSalsa wrote: »

Zader fix.....

+100 !
  • tmntguy86 wrote: »

+1
    NahWillis wrote: »

+1
    A_Junior91 wrote: »
    Totally agree, the buff shouldn't provide IMMUNITY to everything, just a greater chance of resist. The game will be much better.

+1

An AOE tenacity down ability is a very interesting idea.

Tenacity down is not a true opposite of tenacity up as shown below. Read my following comments below for my thoughts on the state of this.

In correct you are

o6CV7jG.jpg

nIhYu9u.jpg

Let me also correct that for you scuba... from the battle I just did...

https://imgur.com/a/e2v1i

It only "minimizes" the chance of a resisting a debuff. Therefore, this is not the true opposite of tenacity up where it gives 100% chance to resist debuffs.

If tenacity up is guaranteed to prevent all debuffs (minus the few in the game that cannot be resisted) then tenacity down should guarantee all debuffs will land (except for those that are immune such as Jyn immune to stuns).

And for folks complaining about Nihilus force drain working through tenacity up...

https://imgur.com/a/THUla

Kozispoon said this IS WAI. The way it is currently set up seems like it should also have the frazing that this is not able to be to resisted. Much like other abilities are in the game. As it is, there's a 50% chance to increase / not increase ability cooldowns when no debuffs are present. Against a Rex, Chirrut, Yoda types set of teams, Nihilus would become useless if he still didn't have a 50% chance to increase. It's next to impossible to keep debuffs on the board against cleansing teams. Teams that seem to cleanse every other turn.

However, if for some reason they decide to change this which I would not agree with, then perhaps toons that cleanse such as Rex, Chirrut, GK should also have to go through a potency check to cleanse everything. If there needs to be a potency AND tenacity check to land a debuff, why not at least a potency check to clear the debuff?

So you are asking to nerf EVERY meta cleanser in this game? Rex, Chirrut and GK all nerfed?

Please no.
  • Acrofales
    1363 posts Member
    Yoda needs a buff, not a nerf.
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    1) As it currently is, Tenacity Up is not an appropriate title for this ability. It provides so much Tenacity that you can not in good conscience call it an Up. It's virtually Unlimited Tenacity at this point.
    2) You cannot even call it Debuff Immunity either, because it not only resists all Debuffs that can be resisted, it can also resist TMR and very soon, it can also resist Cooldown Increase (DT & DN).
    3) Tenacity Down is mathematically the opposite of Tenacity Up, but subject to the minimum irreducible 15% Base Resist Chance, which effectively makes it NOT as good as Tenacity Up. If you design Tenacity Up to always resist debuffs, TMR and so on, then you should at least make Tenacity Down equal by always getting debuffed, TMR and so on.
    4) You have multiple arena viable characters which give Tenacity Up to the entire team, but only 1 character who has a chance of AOE Tenacity Down(Dengar which you can judge for yourself if it is viable in Squad Arena anyway).

Last but not least, I have low expectations that anything will be done to remedy this imbalance. But enough whining seems to have brought at least some Dev attention to mechanics and in some cases, even changes to mechanics whether it's a nerf or bug fix or what you want to call it. I'm not calling for a nerf here, but I want it balanced, i.e. Make Tenacity Down functionally the real opposite of Tenacity Up, design more arena viable characters that can inflict AOE Tenacity Down.