InDepth VIDEO: The Only Rancor Solo Guide You'll Ever Need

Prev1
Nukin
415 posts Member
After the recent fixes to Zader's leadership, I decided to make a detailed guide on how to still clear the rancor in this rundown video. I go over the history of Darth Vader in the raid, why you should run Zader over Teebo teams, the team to use, the mods to run, and give tips & strategies to be successful. Good luck to everyone and happy raiding!

https://youtu.be/6k-sfQIcBMA

Replies

• Soooooo the entire strategy is Jyn. Derp derp. Thanks for absolutely no insight at all.
  • Nukin
    415 posts Member
    WesTerallo wrote: »
    Soooooo the entire strategy is Jyn. Derp derp. Thanks for absolutely no insight at all.

I'm personally glad that you're not particularly gaining anything from my video for obvious reasons.
  • Georgemi6
    1236 posts Member
    Great vid dude. Nice work. I was wondering if I should use tarkin but this has convinced me.
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member
    Good video! Efficient and nice that one could still auto it. Thank you
  • Eclipso
    199 posts Member
    Good vid, another way to do it. I'm currently running Zader, TFP, Magma R2 and Teebo. R2 and Teebo need a smidge more speed but I can just about solo it with that combination as well.

• Very helpful video! Guess I ought to finally pop the zeta on vader. Keep up the good work!
  • Tavanh
    523 posts Member
    ShoreTrooper?! You fiend! I'm slowly farming him 9B. I got another year or so before I can use him in Heroics.
  • The devs have said that tenacity down being irresistible is WAI, pretty sure on that.
  • Nukin
    415 posts Member
    Ben_kenobi wrote: »
    The devs have said that tenacity down being irresistible is WAI, pretty sure on that.

Seems to be the case. They def need to change the way the ability reads because it's not immediately obvious.
  • Nukin
    415 posts Member
    Georgemi6 wrote: »
    Great vid dude. Nice work. I was wondering if I should use tarkin but this has convinced me.
    Very helpful video! Guess I ought to finally pop the zeta on vader. Keep up the good work!

Thanks bros!! :smile:
  • Nukin
    415 posts Member
    Eclipso wrote: »
    Good vid, another way to do it. I'm currently running Zader, TFP, Magma R2 and Teebo. R2 and Teebo need a smidge more speed but I can just about solo it with that combination as well.

That could work well too. Good luck! =)
  • Heezyyyy
    95 posts Member
    Great vid! Could this team work as well?

Zader, TFP, Jyn, Bistan, Tarkin
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    NukinFTW wrote: »
    The devs have said that tenacity down being irresistible is WAI, pretty sure on that.

Seems to be the case. They def need to change the way the ability reads because it's not immediately obvious.

TFP only needs to crit to land Tenacity Down. You're better off with a critical chance triangle to increase chances of Tenacity Down on Rancor while on Auto. Although it is not explicitly stated, Tenacity Down is supposed to counter Tenacity Up, and would make 0 sense if it had to pass through a Tenacity check to land...
  • Man, those Zeta Vader bugfixes really killed him, didn't they. He's so pathetic now. Not even slightly viable as a Rancor leader. They need to refund those zetas right now or the world will literally erupt into flame all at once.

(sarcasm)
  • Soloing the Rancor is a simple math equation. Turn Meter reduction is all that matters. Teebo plus TFP plus R2 is the boring way yes. But claiming zader is doing the work when Jyn is the clutch player is misleading.

Yes Teebo teams take twice as long because they don't hit for 10-15%++ per culling blade. Zader still does his damage but his TM reduction is less consistent hence requiring the help of Jyn Erso (I Rebel).

But your entire video ignores the huge huge huge impact she has. She could basically be on any TM control team and solo it. I was really hoping for something clever or smart or useful for my Zader team but I'll stick with Teebo plus auto plus put phone down or Zader plus bonus TM reduction and watch Game of Thrones
  • Seltgar
    217 posts Member
    Loved the video thank you. Could you do one on aat phase 1
  • Nukin
    415 posts Member
    Huatimus wrote: »

TFP only needs to crit to land Tenacity Down. You're better off with a critical chance triangle to increase chances of Tenacity Down on Rancor while on Auto. Although it is not explicitly stated, Tenacity Down is supposed to counter Tenacity Up, and would make 0 sense if it had to pass through a Tenacity check to land...

You could also run CC triangle. CD will help you clear faster I believe. I got his CC up to 52% in this video.
  • Nukin
    415 posts Member
    Man, those Zeta Vader bugfixes really killed him, didn't they. He's so pathetic now. Not even slightly viable as a Rancor leader. They need to refund those zetas right now or the world will literally erupt into flame all at once.

(sarcasm)

Some people still can't solo with him atm.
  • Nukin
    415 posts Member
    Seltgar wrote: »
    Loved the video thank you. Could you do one on aat phase 1

@Seltgar I have actually have two p1 hAAT videos as well!

• Seltgar
    217 posts Member
    Wow many thx
  • Jyn can solo p1 on auto, and p4 too. Main issue is rancor devour in p2/3.
  • WesTerallo wrote: »
    Soooooo the entire strategy is Jyn. Derp derp. Thanks for absolutely no insight at all.

Posts like this say more about you than make any valid point. I'm sure if people click your profile they will see all the things you've added for the community right?
  • Revi
    573 posts Member
    My Jyn is still 6* therefor I can not use her on heroic. Solo is still possible I have found with Zader, TFP, R2, Teebo and Rex as long as you have at least 2 potency mods on Teebo
  • JPBrunel
    821 posts Member
    @NukinFTW great work man and thanks for the info, I got one question though... Does Jyn's potency stack reset between phases?
  • Loved the video. I'm trying to build a zVader Rancor team. As a f2p, I need the "why" more than the "who." This was a great help.
  • Nukin
    415 posts Member
    JPBrunel wrote: »
    @NukinFTW great work man and thanks for the info, I got one question though... Does Jyn's potency stack reset between phases?

@JPBrunel Thank you! It does. Same with Tarkin too.
  • Nukin
    415 posts Member
    Loved the video. I'm trying to build a zVader Rancor team. As a f2p, I need the "why" more than the "who." This was a great help.

@Sawyerstooth Appreciate it! Eventually even as a F2P you'll have an extra zeta laying around. I totally recommend Vader.
  • bolobaby
    275 posts Member
    Good vid, Nukin.

Ignore the haters. Every post on the forum attracts at least one snarky comment from people who are obviously soooooo much better than the rest of us.

Just keep up the good work. Always quality stuff.
  • galltrip
    50 posts Member
    +
    thx 4 sharing @NukinFTW

I have had a difficult time finding a team to do more 8+million damage in Heroic Pit raids since the rework
    Vader, Palp, Sid, TFP, Rex = 2.3mil
    Vader, Jyn, Teebo, Rex, QGJ = 5.7mil
    Vader, Palp, TFP, Jyn, Rex = 6.9mil
    Vader, Palp, Sid, Jyn, Rex = 7.2mil

Test Runs no score, lose 3 characters by Phase X
    Vader, Palp, Jyn, Teebo, R2 = Phase 2
    Vader, Palp, Sid, Rex, QGJ = Phase 3
    Teebo, Jyn, Wedge, Rex, Phasma = Phase 3
    Teebo, Jyn, Rex, TFP, Phasma = Phase 3
    Teebo, Jyn, Rex, QGJ, Phasma = Phase 2

Vader teams speed is 200+
    Jyn speed 244

Do not want to gear a new team that dev are going to rework, current, Tarkin 5* G5 need omegas, Shoretrooper 4* G10 need omegas, Magmatrooper 7* G7 need omegas
    After the recent fixes to Zader's leadership, I decided to make a detailed guide on how to still clear the rancor in this rundown video. I go over the history of Darth Vader in the raid, why you should run Zader over Teebo teams, the team to use, the mods to run, and give tips & strategies to be successful. Good luck to everyone and happy raiding!

https://youtu.be/6k-sfQIcBMA
  • Thank you so much for the video! You did an awesome job laying out all of the components to making it work... I have all of these characters at G11 and I hope to be able to get back to my soloing ways soon!