1337 posts Member
edited May 2017
@CG_NotReallyAJedi
@CG_Kozispoon
@CG_TopHat
@EA_Jesse

Hi,

Please let us know if this is WAI.

The player in the picture dropped in rank but this team is able to beat fully decked out G11 / 85 teams and fight for rank 1 daily with little to no issues. A few days ago, he had less stars and less gear and still did the same thing.

64PXWo8.png

Rex lead and Chaze / R2 / Nihilus of course.

Let me see how people can defend this.

Really, I want to see it.

Edit: This is a call that either the AI is truly that laughably bad to the point that getting G11 isn't even required, and, or, Chaze / Rex is absolutely and unbelievably broken. I have yet to see any other comp that can pull this off with such disadvantages.

This player has no zetas, mediocre speed mods, average gear and also suffers an entire 5 level disadvantage.
Josh_K wrote: »
Nute was nerfed because it trivialized both monetary and time investments. Sub leveled, sub starred, sub modded and no zeta teams trivializing high investment teams with multiple zetas, mods maxed gear etc. should fall in the same category IMO.
Nute was nerfed because it trivialized both monetary and time investments. Sub leveled, sub starred, sub modded and no zeta teams trivializing high investment teams with multiple zetas, mods maxed gear etc. should fall in the same category IMO.
This is the most shocking part to me.

The fact that using certain characters and compositions, you don't even need to put any real investment and still come out on top. Some folks like to say, "Oh, boo hoo, you can't nerf them because people paid for them!"

Well -- what about the rest of us who paid for getting to G11, getting 7 stars, grinding and raiding, developing strategies and the like?

Guess we don't matter?

Guess we can all just grab a Chaze and Rex (now FTP) and who cares about stars. Who cares about gear. Who cares about investing anything when we can just steamroll with something this broken.

Post edited by Aero on

Replies

• NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    They win on offense and lose on defense. It's not that hard.

Sure, whatever. I don't care.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Jedi_Reach_
    1337 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    NicWester wrote: »

80 beating full 7-starred, 85, G11, ZETA'D characters.

Are you serious?

Rex / Chaze is broken lol.
  • What are his mods like?
  • slickdealer
    1801 posts Member
    Your team has poor synergy or mods.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member

Are you serious?

The defensive AI is bad. We all know it.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Jedi_Reach_
    1337 posts Member
    What are his mods like?
    About medium in terms of speed, relatively speaking. Not awful, not amazing.
    Who's the other team?
    Zauls, other Chazes / R2 / Wiggs, Chaze w/ other variants, Other Rex teams.

It'd be funny if it was my team alone, except, as pointed out - it isn't. Zaul / Zavage / Nihilus / SA / SiT (GK) is poor synergy with fast mods? K.
  • Jedi_Reach_
    1337 posts Member

Are you serious?

The defensive AI is bad. We all know it.
    Sure, but I have no idea what other comp can pull this off with such tremendous disadvantages and non-zeta'd characters.
  • slickdealer
    1801 posts Member
    What are his mods like?
    Who's the other team?

It'd be funny if it was my team alone, except, as pointed out - it isn't. Zaul / Zavage / Nihilus / SA / SiT (GK) is poor synergy with fast mods? K.

R2 is a direct counter to Zaul. That explains it.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member

Except that it normally is difficult with no 7* toons and no zetas. That's the point. Chaze doesn't need zetas, they don't need stars, they don't need to be leveled - they just need each other.

And that's kind of lame - which is the OP's point. And I agree. Ave yes, I can beat Chaze. That still doesn't mean they're balanced.

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Jedi_Reach_
    1337 posts Member
    What are his mods like?
    Who's the other team?

R2 is a direct counter to Zaul. That explains it.
    And the other non-Zaul teams? What have you to say about that m8?
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    I bet he doesn't have any zetas either lol.

Yes, Chaze is ridiculous right now, particularly behind Rexx lead, and Nihilis and R2 just make it more frustrating. Doubt much can be done at this point without releasing new characters to overpower them. Welcome to the power creep.
  • how old is that leaderboad? cant be old since he's only level 81.
  • Jedi_Reach_
    1337 posts Member
    how old is that leaderboad? cant be old since he's only level 81.
    As previously said, he is beating 85s. No idea who this guy is, he randomly popped out of nowhere. Shard is about 7 months old.
    Mzee wrote: »
    I bet he doesn't have any zetas either lol.
    Nope, no zetas. No G11s, no 85s. Great game. Fair.
  • how old is that leaderboad? cant be old since he's only level 81.

That and just short of 800 arena battles only.
  • Gaidal_Cain
    1640 posts Member
    I think R2 is more OP than Chaze ever was.
  • The0n3
    984 posts Member
    Maybe you shoudl call Lucifer's Daddy.... Those Android users are striking again!!
  • NicWester wrote: »

Are you serious?

While I completely agree with chaze being "broken" (I guess that's the word to use) I'm lvl 85 with lvl 80 toons and wreck gear 11 zeta teams daily. My team is gear 10 without zetas and sup par mods. Everyone wins on offense.
  • Jedi_Reach_
    1337 posts Member
    edited May 2017

Are you serious?

While I completely agree with chaze being "broken" (I guess that's the word to use) I'm lvl 85 with lvl 80 toons and wreck gear 11 zeta teams daily. My team is gear 10 without zetas and sup par mods. Everyone wins on offense.
    Really now? You can do that with any non-zeta'd, low starred, undergeared characters? Be specific, what team can you pull that off with that isn't Chaze / Rex versus teams that are geared, modded and zeta'd?
  • Jedi_Reach_
    1337 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    For the record -- either we are discovering that the AI is really that awful to the point where gearing and leveling is nearly optional or certain characters / compositions are frighteningly broken. Either way, science.
  • Bennehftw
    316 posts Member
    His team also does fairly decent on defense.

The AI for Rex, Chaze, DN, and R2 isn't the worst in the game.

DN anihilating the wrong target is about as bad as it gets.
  • From what I've observed from a lack of action, the game isn't broken, everything's proceeding as it should, stuff anyone else who's invested time (probably money too) in any other toon. Your donations to EA are much appreciated, what? You expected some equity from your spending on toons that aren't meta? Don't make me laugh
  • Josh_K
    1150 posts Member
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member

R-2 and the 4 ewoks would never win a match.

Chaze and 3 tuskens. Would still win on offense. That's the difference.
  • Jedi_Reach_
    1337 posts Member
    This is the most shocking part to me.

The fact that using certain characters and compositions, you don't even need to put any real investment and still come out on top. Some folks like to say, "Oh, boo hoo, you can't nerf them because people paid for them!"

Well -- what about the rest of us who paid for getting to G11, getting 7 stars, grinding and raiding, developing strategies and the like?

Guess we don't matter?

Guess we can all just grab a Chaze and Rex (now FTP) and who cares about stars. Who cares about gear. Who cares about investing anything when we can just steamroll with something this broken.

• slickdealer
    1801 posts Member
    Olddumper wrote: »

GK, DN, and the three tuskans would also win.

Both GK and DN exist on more #1 teams than either Chirrut or Baze.
  • Jedi_Reach_
    1337 posts Member
    edited May 2017

How much investment do you need for GK, again? How does DN fare w/o the infamous duo protecting him? To be fair, not bad, he's a good character -- but take Chaze out of the statistics and groups he runs with then see where he stands.
  • Olddumper wrote: »

GK I understand the concept why he's powerful. Darth Nihilus as well I guess, he's one of the most powerful Sith lords in (non) canon. I've said previously that I have no issue with their being powerful toons with awesome abilities, I just question who some of those abilities have been given to. Chaze in my eyes have no reason to be made as ridiculous as they are. By all means give them synergy, but game breaking synergy? I'd expect that to be between someone like GK & Anakin or EP & Vader, not between a blind monk and a guy with a big gun on his back that don't actually do much in the Star Wars universe at the end of the day.
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member

This is how to grab the devs attention. Max level/star Squads that are g11 and have zeta should be able to defend teams like the one posted.
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member

The biggest difference here is that GK isn't your ordinary toon. He is the toughest toon to get in the game an is a reward.

DN is over tuned as well and they could tone him down but the thing is when you try to kill DN you usually only need to do 70k damage to him sans-Zarris. To kill Baze you may need to do several hundred thousand damage. Chaze as a pair can soak up hundreds of thousands of damage over the course of a battle. That's pretty OP for toons that counter attack, crit for 60k and flip your buffs to debuffs.

I don't want a nerf though. I want a dark side Anakin that is even more OP.