First HAAT completed - Feedback

BulYwif
1977 posts Member
Our guild completed our first HAAT yesterday. Feedback.

Step 1: Preparation
Our guild is preparing this raid for several months now. Every people is focused on developing a team for each phase. Personally, I'm running a zQGJ for several months now, so my P1 team was already ready. I ran Rebels for P2, EP/TFP for P3 and I could develop a full gr 10 clones team with a zCody for the first raid.
Tip 1: Discord (or your preferred chat tool) is mandatory. It allows to make some guidelines, rules, and coordinate the raid.
Tip 2: We're not an isolated guild, and have some sisterships. For the success of our first raid, we hired 3 external guilmates to finish every phases if we couldn't do it by ourselves. I know this point is not intended for every guilds, but it really helps.
Tip 3: do not underestimate the hit power of the enemy :smile: Even if I was told to, I was surprised how every secondary toons, turrets were hitting hard and how fast they were.

Step 2: Entering the raid
Phase 1: Our guild first sent the zKylo. We also prepare 4 pools of Jedis to close P1 just in case. The result is that the zKylo could do P1 alone, so we could keep Jedis for P2.
Phase 2: The guys having Jedis for P1 launched their Jedis on P2 + the team they prepared for that phase. My small rebels were kicked very fast and I've only made one topple. Gear 8 is really not enough for them :smile:
Phase 3: put in EP + TFP + 3 tanks. Also here, it goes really fast (faster than I thought) and after 2 minutes, it was done. Sun Fac is really not a good tank for P3 because of his counter which can kill a droid and then reduce the TM gain for Palpatine (I need a new tank).
Phase 4: my preferred one. Some months that I'm developing my clones and my zCody could do 5M in nAAT. Again here, after 2 minutes and several tries, it was done. The team I thought was the most prepared did only 2.8% (around 300k). Those B2 are really hard to get down and my Leia is not enough geared. My 169 Cody is too slow.

To conclude, I can say that gear 10 is really the minimum to have. Speed is key and coordination with guildmates also. Still a lot of work to be able to do 5% on a phase, but it's funniest than nAAT. And the first GK's shard are worth it.

Replies

• Ultra
    11490 posts Moderator
    Congrats! And yes, Discord is a great tool for communication for guilds. Glad to see you guys knocked out each phase really quickly. Pretty soon you won't even need someone to Zylo P1 and everyone will have a shot and yes g10 is much needed if you need to do decent damage with any team
  • BulYwif wrote: »
    Tip 2: We're not an isolated guild, and have some sisterships. For the success of our first raid, we hired 3 external guilmates to finish every phases if we couldn't do it by ourselves. I know this point is not intended for every guilds, but it really helps.

Just to clarify for anyone reading this before tackling their first HAAT, you can't call in ringers once the raid has started, as they will not be eligible to hit the raid. So if you're calling in ringers you need to do it prior to launching the raid.

• Barmuka_1
    602 posts Member
    Congrats we finished our fisrt and are on our second atm. We brought in 1 old guildy who spent time in a haat guild for some months. We failed 3x before this. Then wham before we knew it we had to hold damage calls for 24 hours. This second raid 3 hours in we are staring at p4. Waiting for guild reset tomorrow so everyone has a chance to tag it at least before we go hog wild. I mad an adjustment to my p4 squad (rebels) last raid and was surprised at doing 650k with 1 g8 toon in the phase.
    My p4 squad is wedge g11 (l) biggs g11 leia g10, lando g11 and the surprise. ..bistan g8. Great for b2 control on an aoe. Managed 2 clean topples and an ugly one. Good thing wiggs hit like trucks. I managed 1.5m total damage with g9 jroids, a ep squad with low gear tanks and a bunch of throwaway squads. Even ran a busted zader at p2.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    BulYwif wrote: »

Just to clarify for anyone reading this before tackling their first HAAT, you can't call in ringers once the raid has started, as they will not be eligible to hit the raid. So if you're calling in ringers you need to do it prior to launching the raid.

Right. Good clarification.
    Barmuka_1 wrote: »
    Congrats we finished our fisrt and are on our second atm. We brought in 1 old guildy who spent time in a haat guild for some months. We failed 3x before this. Then wham before we knew it we had to hold damage calls for 24 hours. This second raid 3 hours in we are staring at p4. Waiting for guild reset tomorrow so everyone has a chance to tag it at least before we go hog wild. I mad an adjustment to my p4 squad (rebels) last raid and was surprised at doing 650k with 1 g8 toon in the phase.
    My p4 squad is wedge g11 (l) biggs g11 leia g10, lando g11 and the surprise. ..bistan g8. Great for b2 control on an aoe. Managed 2 clean topples and an ugly one. Good thing wiggs hit like trucks. I managed 1.5m total damage with g9 jroids, a ep squad with low gear tanks and a bunch of throwaway squads. Even ran a busted zader at p2.

I need to develop my rebels, it's my weakiest team for now. Wiggs are g8, Lando and Cassian gr 10 and I put K2 for the 5th but he's not good in HAAT at least at that level (gr 8). I also think Bistan can be a good choice. My Ackbar is 4* (enough shards for 5). I think he should be good with Wiggs, Lando and Cassian. I was also surprised to only make one critical hit on the turrets on P2, so Lando couldn't reset his special for the next turn. It seems the turrets in P2 have more critical avoidance than nAAT.
  • Revi
    573 posts Member
    Congratz! Very interesting feedback
  • Pyrimis
    269 posts Member
    Do you remember what damage looked like for a Chirpatine or Tiepatine squad? And how did that compare HAAT vs. NAAT (looking for a % conversion)? Thanks!
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Pyrimis wrote: »
    Do you remember what damage looked like for a Chirpatine or Tiepatine squad? And how did that compare HAAT vs. NAAT (looking for a % conversion)? Thanks!

I was using EP + TFP + 3 tanks for P3. Can do for now around 300k. The behaviour is a bit different from nAAT to hAAT because of the health of the B1. It works better in hAAT. In nAAT, my Palpatine was usually killing the droid in one shot, but the tactic is only to Shock them to benefit from TM gain.
    I've also made a change in this team and now use Teebo as lead (I don(t have Chirpa), TFP, Palpatine, RG and STHan whereas in nAAT it was EP, TFP, RG, STHan and SF. The problem with SF is that he counters and kills the droid, so EP is losing TM gain. I think I only do now 2.5% in HAAT whereas it was around 10% in nAAT.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    My second try for P4 was better than the first one. Key for the clones players preparing HAAT is to have the best speed on Cody and a very good Leia. I could pass Leia gr 10 yesterday, it's OK but protection is decreasing fast and she's usually the first to die, so gr 11 is a must for her.

My Cody is only gr 10 now but he also needs to be gr 11 since he's to weak at gr 10 and he's the second to die. Whereas I could do 5M without zeta in nAAT, Cody really needs a zeta for hAAT since protection goes away very quickly.

I don't have a zeta on Fives for now but I think this team could do better result with a zFive. Fives needs to have the best potency to apply Speed down on the turrets and the AAT since they're really faster than the nAAT.