Maul AoE daze

Antares
686 posts Member
I have been running a Jedit team in Arena for months against all odds and I noticed that the AoE damage by Maul always applies Daze to everyone on my team. Is this effect not resistible, or is this a known bug maybe?

Replies

• NahWillis
    195 posts Member
    It's not a bug, and he even had his potency reduced thanks to a recent bug fix. I'd say it's just a bit of bad RNG that you're noticing.
  • Antares
    686 posts Member
    NahWillis wrote: »
    It's not a bug, and he even had his potency reduced thanks to a recent bug fix. I'd say it's just a bit of bad RNG that you're noticing.

Hm, alright. I will keep note on that. I am fighting him anyway multiple time per day, so it should not be too hard to get a reasonably good statistic on that.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Antares wrote: »

Hm, alright. I will keep note on that. I am fighting him anyway multiple time per day, so it should not be too hard to get a reasonably good statistic on that.

Are you running R2? I also run a Jedi team but usually avoid zMaul. Btw Yoda's tenacity up should prevent Daze.
  • Antares
    686 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    BulYwif wrote: »

Are you running R2? I also run a Jedi team but usually avoid zMaul. Btw Yoda's tenacity up should prevent Daze.

Yes, I am running R2. Also yes, Yoda prevents that, but against a SASS team with zMaul lead this is pretty much impossible. My Yoda has 294 speed (incl. zQGJ bonus) and I never ever go before any Sith team in my shard. I would need to get him to 320 and even then many teams would be faster than me.
  • ShatterlingPurslane
    493 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Hm, I run Sith with SASS and against a zQGJ with Yoda I find that daze has little chance since they all have foresight, then followed by tenacity up and more foresight. Add zR2 and it gets tricky sometimes. Did you zeta R2? (which wouldn't do anything to prevent daze, but it can remove it)
  • Antares
    686 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Hm, I run Sith with SASS and against a zQGJ with Yoda I find that daze has little chance since they all have foresight, then followed by tenacity up and more foresight. Add zR2 and it gets tricky sometimes. Did you zeta R2? (which wouldn't do anything to prevent daze, but it can remove it)

R2's first Zeta doesn't help because you need to crit...which is not possible vs. cloaked Sith (I have the second Zeta). And in your case, this means Maul goes first, yes, then you hit nothing. But you can remod your team so that someone else (EP?) goes first and then Maul can hit everyone. In any case, your entire Sith team always goes first before any Jedi in the opposing team.

btw: I don't have GK, that's also a huge difference

EDIT: Once tenacity up is applied, then yes, it gets much easier. Just need to survive the first round in good shape...
  • ShatterlingPurslane
    493 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    R2's first Zeta doesn't help because you need to crit...which is not possible vs. cloaked Sith (I have the second Zeta).
    True. I thought burning might help there.
    And in your case, this means Maul goes first, yes, then you hit nothing. But you can remod your team so that someone else (EP?) goes first and then Maul can hit everyone. In any case, your entire Sith team always goes first before any Jedi in the opposing team.
    No, with SASS your move order become largely RNG dependant as they gain extra TM. Remodding to make sure that any in particular would follow SASS, would make them very slow. Your point is still a bit valid, my team usually goes first, but I have been outsped once or twice by a fast Yoda.
    btw: I don't have GK, that's also a huge difference
    He surely helps, but expect no miracles of him. He usually dies in the second round when SASS and Savage combine their specials. Although when you are on offense, that should be easier to manage.

I think I know why your issue seems unfamiliar to me. I took out Palp a long time ago. The only ones left in my team with an AoE are Nihilus and Maul, so for my squad it's simply unlikely to land a multi-daze on a team like yours (because I don't waste Nihilus' special on their foresight). (ok, I have an AoE of Sith Trooper, but I left him slow and he's always last to move.)

And then this: Maul gets extra potency from doing damage, and his attacks do double damage to Jedi. I don't know about the mechanics, but it might be that first, he applies double damage to 5 targets, then increases his max health based on that number, then increases his potency accordingly, then applies daze.